bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Leasing a Mustang is always a bad deal. Ford doesn't like leasing these vehicles, so they don't really give any incentive.
Sponsored

GRE1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Picked mine up at Sarasota Ford down here in Florida yesterday. Ended up getting ~$9k off MSRP because of the $4k Ford credit and price matching with a nearby dealership. I'm only mentioning it because on their ads it says that they'll help you with your flight and hotel if you come buy a car from them, so it might be something to consider. Get a little vacation out of it and road trip back up north

I bought one from Sarasota Ford, easiest car I have ever bought and they beat every dealer in Metro Atlanta by $3000:headbang:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Leasing a Mustang is always a bad deal. Ford doesn't like leasing these vehicles, so they don't really give any incentive.
Leasing works out very well on many Ford vehicles, including EcoBoost Mustangs. However, Mustang GT's don't have very good lease terms. 3 of the 4 cars in my driveway are leased; you just have to compare the terms for leasing vs loans on any vehicle you're considering.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Leasing works out very well on many Ford vehicles, including EcoBoost Mustangs. However, Mustang GT's don't have very good lease terms. 3 of the 4 cars in my driveway are leased; you just have to compare the terms for leasing vs loans on any vehicle you're considering.
Yeah, my experience is with the GT. Lease payments were much higher than regular financing.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
When I priced out 2017's not too long ago there was all sorts of $3000 deals... Also can get a military discount, and if you work for a Ford supplier, you can get a supplier discount. I would try different dealerships, maybe even different states. I am in MI and I went to Chicago to get my deal.

There are no deals on the 2018's tho.

Sponsored

AGM2018

So I have an dealer offering a Lightening Blue 2017 GT Base, with the PP for $31,965, everything included, Out-The-Door and On-The-Road (MSRP is $37,479.50). $4400 discount and $4000 rebate. My "asking price" is $30K for everything. Am I being too "aggressive" in asking for $30K? I still think $31,965 is a bit too high for a no option (literally ZERO OPTIONS aside from the PP) 17 GT base with the PP. Thoughts? Opinions?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Sounds like an extremely good deal to me. If the dealer comes back and excepts your offer then you weren't to aggressive but if they don't and they sell it to someone else you would have lost out on a very good offer.

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I have an dealer offering a Lightening Blue 2017 GT Base, with the PP for $31,965, everything included, Out-The-Door and On-The-Road (MSRP is $37,479.50). $4400 discount and $4000 rebate. My "asking price" is $30K for everything. Am I being too "aggressive" in asking for $30K? I still think $31,965 is a bit too high for a no option (literally ZERO OPTIONS aside from the PP) 17 GT base with the PP. Thoughts? Opinions?
Similar to the deal I just got. Just find the cheapest one within 250 miles with the same options and ask them to price match

AGM2018

Kessler1320,

How much, if I may ask, did you pay for your 'Stang? And was it a 17 base GT, with the PP as its sole option? After further emails with the "stealership", I might be able to get them to 31K but probably not 30K. This is the cheapest deal I have found within 500 miles of my location.

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Kessler1320,

How much, if I may ask, did you pay for your 'Stang? And was it a 17 base GT, with the PP as its sole option? After further emails with the "stealership", I might be able to get them to 31K but probably not 30K. This is the cheapest deal I have found within 500 miles of my location.
I'll send you a PM

Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
NY is full of crap dealers. Bunch of low life scum bags. Off course there are rebates on a 17. Just go to a different dealer.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
A friend of mine in FL just picked up a Brand New 2017 Mustang GT California Special with every option on the CS except for the adaptive Cruise and Auto wiper option for $34800 This was a $42,000+ car.

There are deals out there, you might have to travel, but you can get them.
https://www.brandonford.com/new-for...ustomizePayment_Module&direction=asc&t=n&year[]=2017&make[]=Ford&model[]=Mustang&trim[]=GT%20Premium&sf=sf_year,sf_trim

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Also don't forget about the option to have it shipped via private shipping. I've got a buddy that had his GT350 shipped from PA (I believe) to TN for around $300 bucks. He is choosy about that kind of stuff and was very pleased with his experience. its a good option for those of us not looking to haggle with local crap dealers.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
NY is full of crap dealers. Bunch of low life scum bags. Off course there are rebates on a 17. Just go to a different dealer.
^+1.

When I was looking for my GT I saw a Comp orange Convertible priced about $2K less then the surrounding areas. Curious as to the reason I called to make sure if there was anything required like downpayment,missing/damage parts or if anything else is needed to get that pricing like selling a liver. I was told everything was priced to sell.

I take the journey to see them and instantly noticed the car is marked $2k higher on the lot. When I inquired about it I was told that is the walk-in price but I got the internet price:confused: After the test drive we started talking numbers and the Dealer instantly lowed balled me lower then blue book, Nasdaq,black book, and lower then another nearby place. When Inquired to the reasoning I was told "Well sir I discounted my car so I felt you should discount your car" WTF. This bastard tried to discount my car the same price he discounted his and tried to swing it as was doing me some kind of big deal. Needless to say I left him with some choice words.

CarGuy85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
That seems like a great deal as you are getting 8,400 off sticker. I am currently shopping for a '17 Race Red GT Premium w/PP. The best deal I can get around here is 38.9K OTD. The only other option is a Reverse Sensors. I will more than likely settle for this as it is the car I have been searching for, and the car I want. If you want the car get the car! Also, you can always ask the dealer for a price breakdown between the title, taxes, and doc fees to see what more wiggle room you have.
Sponsored