Sponsored

2018 Shelby GT350/R Order Guide

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
YES. :D

I could have got my 2017 about 2 months early as the Dealer had the exact car I wanted in stock, but with sofa seats. I passed because I wanted Recaro's. In a track car, most will prefer Recaro's. Some who want absolute comfort are insistent on the Sofa seats, so there is definitely a demand for them (and I'm a little older, so I get it).

The percentage of 350GT's, R or no R, that see a race track is probably less than 10%. People are getting Recaros because they think it's the "right seat" for the personality of the car. And they're not wrong. But for those of us who are honest with the use of the car, the bolstering on the sofa seats is more than enough for a street driven car.

I've had Recaros in many cars, they're great, but anyone who is really hardcore about tracking this car is going to rip these factory Recaros out in favor of some nicer Recaros or similar anyway.
Sponsored

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
When I bought my GT350 and drove it home yesterday, I didn't even realize there was a comfort package. (I fell in love with my GT350 +electronics package after test driving it while preparing to order at 2018 GT, so I didn't research as much as I normally do. So I had to have this exact car after a sleepless night with the sound of that Voodoo engine echoing in my head! No regrets!)

Anyway, point I'm making is that after driving with the recaros for hours last night I still felt comfortable. It *is* harder to get in and out of recaros. But as far as sitting in for cruising, I thought they were very comfortable.

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
Recaros - no Recaros

I am most likely going to pull the trigger on a 18 GT350.

I am on fence on the convenience package vs the electronics package.

I test drove a 16 Mustang GT with Recaros and found them very narrow and uncomfortable for just a test drive. Are the Recaros in the GT350 different than the GT?

I am 6'2", fit and getting older (50). I am leaning towards the convenience package as I also really like the heated and cooled seats.

So, can anyone really sell me on the GT350 Recaros? This car will most likely be factory ordered while I am in Afghanistan so I can't run down to a dealer and sit in one.

Thanks!

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Haven't sat in them but I've seen them up close. I have Recaros in my RS and they are really stiff and narrow. I think these are more European style and not made for big American asses like I imagine the Mustang recaros are, that being said, I have a tech and love the seats in it. They hold me just fine for what racing (autocross) that I have done with it.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
The recaros aren't for everyone! I'm 5',9" 200lbs. If I get fatter...I could see them being uncomfortable.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My wife and I took a short trip on our GT350 a few weeks ago, and my wife commented on how comfortable the Recaro's are and that she could sit in them for a long trip if we ever took one in the 350. We are both "smaller frame" people, I know that helps, but the Recaro's are comfy if you fit in them right. Just sayin'. :)

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've sat in the Recaros on the Focus RS and found they were very stiff, too They also had sides so steep they tended to interfere with my shifting!

The Recaros in my GT350 are different. Comfortable and don't get in the way. My wife and I both are very comfortable in them even on all day trips.

One thing to note is that I think the passenger side Recaro seat may be slightly wider... at least it feels like it to my wife and I.

Anyway, overall the most comfortable racing seats I've encountered in my (somewhat limited) experience.

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I got the comfy seats with the tech package on my '16 GT350. I found the Recaros so uncomfortable, and they made it very difficult to get in and out of the car because of those high side bolsters. Not good if you're using the Shelby as a daily driver or near daily driver, IMHO.

And perhaps more importantly, my curvy wife couldn't deal with the Recaros, so they would've ruined date nights away from the kids.

jniemuth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Does anyone know if the seats in the convenience package for the 2018 are the same seats as in the GT?

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Interesting to note that the VIN for my 2017 R model also ends in "0147" and was a very early 2017 R model build as well.

I ended up with chassis "HR019" so will be interesting to see where this early chassis number ends up?

I have a good car buddy up in Western Canada that has a VIN that is just one VIN before mine "0146" and his chassis number is "HR013" and has decided to sell his Electronics Package Ruby Red R model with only ~300 miles on it.

Pricing I think is around ~$77,000 USF.

:cool:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Is that your car Topnotch? Who knows, maybe they will build most of them this year LOL. Get them done so that they can get an early going on the GT500.
Sponsored