Sponsored

Anyone else feeling relief after getting a 15/17 GT instead of waiting?

Relieved after getting your 15/17 Mustang and seeing the 2018 pricing?

• Yes, I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • No, I wish I would have waited for the 2018.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No, I want to trade in towards a 2018.

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

AGM2018

So I am looking at/pricing 18 'Stangs...but, the prices for the GT's is simply more than I want to pay. So for those of you who purchased a 15-17 GT, with the PP...do you think you "missed out" or "regret" not having some of the features of the 18 GT? I have located several 17 Base Model GT's, with the PP for at/around 30K...which I think is a great deal. I have about 5K to put down, so the note would be very manageable and when the car has a few thousand miles on it, I could spend another 1K and install Ford Racing's Stage Two Pro Call tune and gain in the neighborhood of 20 HP and 30 FT/LBS of torque. I am "torn" between deciding if the 18 GT offers a substantial enough improvement and "upside" to merit around an 8K price over the 17 GT, with the PP. Any opinions, thoughts and/or analysis on my quandary will be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
So I am looking at/pricing 18 'Stangs...but, the prices for the GT's is simply more than I want to pay. So for those of you who purchased a 15-17 GT, with the PP...do you think you "missed out" or "regret" not having some of the features of the 18 GT? I have located several 17 Base Model GT's, with the PP for at/around 30K...which I think is a great deal. I have about 5K to put down, so the note would be very manageable and when the car has a few thousand miles on it, I could spend another 1K and install Ford Racing's Stage Two Pro Call tune and gain in the neighborhood of 20 HP and 30 FT/LBS of torque. I am "torn" between deciding if the 18 GT offers a substantial enough improvement and "upside" to merit around an 8K price over the 17 GT, with the PP. Any opinions, thoughts and/or analysis on my quandary will be appreciated. Thanks!
I'm kinda depressed about it. The 2018 checks all the boxes that are missing on my 2016: 10-speed, PP combined with auto, digital dash, better suspension, safety features in one bundle, more horsies and more rip'ems. I even like the wing - it's needed for the track!

The car spec'd out to my liking listed at $50,670. 28% depreciation off my car makes it over a $20k delta. And that doesn't even consider the mostly-cosmetic mods of around $10k that I added.

So to ease my pain, I'm finishing the "DIY performance pack" option by upgrading the suspension to GT350 specs on my auto car, for around $2k more.

At this point, Plan B is to wait for a gently used 2018 with my most important boxes checked. I would love to be a 2-Mustang family, if not for rusty winters you know. We'd need a 4-car garage, and we only have 2 as it is.

The bright side is that at 20k miles and almost 2 years now, I would have waited even longer had the 2018 been my first Mustang.

:frusty::frusty:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
You're welcome, as that photo of yours has convinced me I have nothing to doubt in color choice. It looks like perfection at that angle.

The grey Aston being your dream car, explains your vehicle choice.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I have seen some stock V6s and base Ecoboosts in Magnetic, which worried me, but each time I see a few Magnetic GTs or modded V6s/Ecoboosts, plus this very 2015 below, I know I've made the right decision.

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Front.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Rear.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-interior1.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Recaro_seats-1024x718.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Wheel_3.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Stick.jpg

Of course, this isn't too bad either.

18FordMustang_HR_07.jpg

(Rights for 2015 photos belong to Ron Avery)

If you don't mind me asking, is it a Performance Pack or Black Accent? Back in 2013-14 during the 50th Anniv/reveal era, I didn't like wheel choice for the PP, but I have grown to love it over the past year.

Mine has the black accent package which I love
Sponsored