2018 Mustang Order Guide

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
CLOTH RECARO OPTION is gone for base model EB & GT.

Hinted that they are either optional or included with GT PP-L2 on page 21 but that is the only mention of them.

Doug
Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Base 100A EB no longer has Power Front Seats or Fog Lamps and is back to 17" wheels (like 2015) ... kinda thought they might do this to try and get closer to the old V6 price point.

Fog Lamps are not listed on 101A either, so it appears they are a Premium EB & GT only feature.

Doug

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
PP2 is the missing piece for me. Unless Ford has something up their sleeve it should be PP + MagneRide, Active exhaust, Recaros and the wider wheels and tires. $7-8k package minimum? And that's not even counting the need to spend $2k on the 301A to begin with.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
So no Auto Trans w PP2 (673)?
New auto wont survive track usage even with a cooler?

Hope this has full coolers for diff and trans and whatever it takes for full track capability.

Please Ford, Please test this new package this summer over the next 60 days...
Please make the test spec to be 6x 30 minute sessions in 6hrs (50% duty cycle) on a medium or short course (long course like COTA is easy with long straights for cooling). Use Driveway Austin short or medium course as example. Great example of where Vette owners are pulling off in droves and going straight to social media.
With the autos? GM spent a small amount of air extolling the virtues of their 24 track torture test (or whatever it's called). I would think the autos would be subject to that as well, or are we just talking about Z06s here?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the PP+ Auto, but do not like the black wheels and the stagger. I also looked a bit at pricing of tires, the 275/40/19 rear tires have very few options and very limited selection when you try going for A/S. 255/40/19 has plenty more options and cheaper to maintain. Another thing to consider. I like silver or machined, so I could try swapping out to a square 255/40/19 with BOSS 302S wheels? they are compatible with the current brembo package, if I kind of want to remain factory. But other issue is that brake jobs on the brembo 6 pot is not cheap and can run like 1K+.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Looking at the order guide explained why spoiler delete didn't seem to be working on some Ecoboost configs. For some reason spoiler delete is only available on the basic EB when you spec the 101A equipment group. So if you want a basic Ecoboost with PP you're stuck with the basket handle unless you add 101A.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
PP2!!! the biggest Mustang mystery ever !!! lol

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
CLOTH RECARO OPTION is gone for base model EB & GT.

Hinted that they are either optional or included with GT PP-L2 on page 21 but that is the only mention of them.

Doug
That sucks if you can't get them in a base. It feels like while Ford added the PP to the auto and things like active exhaust and mags they also took things away. I have to play around with the builder when I get home.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Big miss that you can not get the midnight blue with grabber blue stitching interior with the Orange Fury paint. That would be such a great combo. I guess I will need to try and find someone for a swap after I buy.

Sponsored

H44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium DIB
Yeah not a fan of the stock wheel options unfortunately

CrunchMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible (when available)
Yeah not a fan of the stock wheel options unfortunately
Same

Every build variant that I have done so far includes a different set of wheel upgrades. Not sure why the chose those for the base unless it was to get more people to upgrade to the more expensive options.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
I wont be able to make a decision on what to get until I see 673, and what I can combine it with. It looks like you wont be able to get a base GT and trow 673 on it. It appears its only available on the premium? am i reading that wrong? I really hope so.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I wont be able to make a decision on what to get until I see 673, and what I can combine it with. It looks like you wont be able to get a base GT and trow 673 on it. It appears its only available on the premium? am i reading that wrong? I really hope so.
Per page 8, the 673 pkg will be available with the $2000 301A pkg. which is still base ... maybe not 300A base ... but also not Premium which is $4000 more.

Interestingly, on the Premium model it is only available with the 401A package which forces you to shell out another $2200.

So basically in either case, you can't get a stripped down model with all available "Performance" equipment ... then again, no one knows what this package consists of yet, so no real point in getting all worked up about it now.

Doug

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
Per page 8, the 673 pkg will be available with the $2000 301A pkg. which is still base ... maybe not 300A base ... but also not Premium which is $4000 more.

Interestingly, on the Premium model it is only available with the 401A package which forces you to shell out another $2200.

So basically in either case, you can't get a stripped down model with all available "Performance" equipment ... then again, no one knows what this package consists of yet, so no real point in getting all worked up about it now.

Doug

thanks for spelling that out to me.. for some reason when i read 301a My mind translated that differently. I'm very interested to getting the details of the PP2 as there are just a few specific things I want and as of now it would put me taking the high road in money to get where I want to be. If PP2 has some fun incentives to keep me from reaching at some of those frivolous "wants" it may help me get a better car and keep the price down.

thanks again :cheers:
Sponsored