Sponsored

Thinking of trading for a 2015 GTR...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Mikey,....what you should really do is, get a supercharger. Whether it be Whipple, VMP or Roush. You'll be saving money and you can have a beast of a car. You really didn't add any go fast mods to your car if you think it's not fast enough. Do like I said and be prepared to smile. :thumbsup:
PLUS,...like I said, you'll be saving money instead of losing it.
Sponsored

GGordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, ProCharged
Keep in mind that worldwide, Nissan only sold 690 some odd GTRs last year. It's a very expensive niche car with zero aftermarket (outside of ludicrously expensive mods). As others said, maintenance is expensive. The transmission for example... tranny fluid costs just a bit more than $50 per quart... and it takes 10 of those when you do a fluid change.

You don't want to know what they charge you on labor for periodic maintenance.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I keep up with these GTR's here on the coastal bend of Texas, call Orlando Cantu, owner of Cantu Racing who drives a twin turbo, sticky tire GTR to 8.6 sec. 1/4 mile time and will switch out motor soon from original stock intake record setting to "what I don't know yet" but it'll "Haul the mail" look him up on Facebook. Great young man.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
GTR is an amazing car, and in the hands of a decent driver, runs high 10s stock with great reliability.

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
This is one of those "I went looking for cars the other day. It was between a 2015 GT-R and a 2015 Mustang GT. The GT-R wasn't the right color, so I went for the Mustang." posts.

LOL

I SHOULD TRADE MINE IN FOR A 488 GTB!

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It was between Ken Block's Mustang and a Prius. The Mustang was just too flashy. I wanted something to get off the line quickly. So I went Prius.

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
It was between Ken Block's Mustang and a Prius. The Mustang was just too flashy. I wanted something to get off the line quickly. So I went Prius.
EXACTLY. :lol::cheers:

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP

Proof that the efficacy of a coat hanger is negligible

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I rented a 13 GTR for the weekend and I thought it was an amazing car. It was stock so up top it would get walked by my GT but from 0-100 those things are wicked, especially using LC. All that traction is something I'm not used to down low, it just goes. I got the opportunity to run a supercharged C5 Vette and walked him pretty hard (the blower whine was very loud). When the R36 comes out in 2019 (likely) I imagine you will see the bubble burst for the R35. For the last 5 years you could expect the price to bottom out around $60k no matter if the car was 2 or 7 years old. There is less than a 10% difference right now between the 09 and the 14 used in general. Once the bubble bursts you should be able to pick up an 11-12 (I think they fixed a few issues on the transmission around then) for around $50k. That is a bargain. Sure maintenance isn't Mustang cheap but it's not a Ferrari. Tranny fluid, brakes and tires are you expenses and unless you're tracking the car you won't be doing them every year. Mustang is a cheap car to own but a GTR is not ridiculous for those who make good money.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I rented a 13 GTR for the weekend and I thought it was an amazing car. It was stock so up top it would get walked by my GT but from 0-100 those things are wicked, especially using LC. All that traction is something I'm not used to down low, it just goes. I got the opportunity to run a supercharged C5 Vette and walked him pretty hard (the blower whine was very loud). When the R36 comes out in 2019 (likely) I imagine you will see the bubble burst for the R35. For the last 5 years you could expect the price to bottom out around $60k no matter if the car was 2 or 7 years old. There is less than a 10% difference right now between the 09 and the 14 used in general. Once the bubble bursts you should be able to pick up an 11-12 (I think they fixed a few issues on the transmission around then) for around $50k. That is a bargain. Sure maintenance isn't Mustang cheap but it's not a Ferrari. Tranny fluid, brakes and tires are you expenses and unless you're tracking the car you won't be doing them every year. Mustang is a cheap car to own but a GTR is not ridiculous for those who make good money.
Bought a blower.... I'm keeping the Stang

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Makes me sick to think of the money I've put into the Stang, and I'm thinking of trading her in already.

:confused:
Get the GTR and never look back :thumbsup:

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
You want a quick car... by a Geo Metro an do a LS swap.
Sponsored