assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Guys, looking for some advice on two issues with my headers install and how to resolve them?? :cheers: [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] cough cough

Installed the pypes headers with the following issues:

1) Steering shaft is rubbing against one of the header pipes. I did not try going in the car and turning the wheel, however a business card cannot even be slid between the pipe and the shaft.

2) the passenger side O2 sensor without any fouler or adapter is resting on the transmission mount nut, which will break off right away if I mount it up it. The 90 degree elbow adapters I have can't be installed as when they turn hit the mid-pipe :headbonk:

Pictures below

O2 Sensor / Transmission Mount bolt

Steering Shaft :(

Cheers
:confused:
Sponsored

OP
OP

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
I tried to call Pypes, however their phone was not open at about 5pm EST although they said they are open till 630 EST :headbonk:

Regarding the midpipe section; we tried to move one side to the other, and on the left side, the bung points downward so the O2 sensor points down away from the trans bolt.

When we swapped sides, the O2 bung points upwards at an angle, causing the issue.

In the box, I received two of the same mid pipe sections (same label) - not sure if an issue or not.?

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I recently got my pypes installed and ran into my own set of problems. I had the same exact clearance issue with my passenger side o2 sensor and fixed it with an L shaped O2 bung from ebay. Here is my thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85086&page=4
Cant give you advice on the steering shaft thou.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
swapping mid pipes from side to side should change the angle of the 02,

as far as shifting, just like was mentioned, you just loosen the motor mounts.

all these cars are put together in a factory, but everything will not always be bolted down 100% the same

OP
OP

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
To bring closure to the thread, and potentially help others in the future, shifting the engine worked to gain some clearance with the steering shaft.

After a few spirited runs, and turns, the shaft was still in contact with one of the pipes. After attempting to hammer it out of the way with a chisel (unsuccessful), we shimmed one engine mount with 8mm (canadian eh?) of washers, and that provided about 1/4" inch clearance between the shaft and the headers.

I will have the bungs re welded to point downwards, and clear all bolts this weekend.

Thank you to all who provided quick input.. :thumbsup:

now if my SCT wasn't bricked I'd be happier (RMA in progress) :headbonk:

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
swapping mid pipes from side to side should change the angle of the 02,
Huh? There is no way to move the mid pipes or even rotate them. They are fixed to the collectors with a bolt on each side. How would you "swap mid pipes from side to side"?
To bring closure to the thread, and potentially help others in the future, shifting the engine worked to gain some clearance with the steering shaft.

After a few spirited runs, and turns, the shaft was still in contact with one of the pipes. After attempting to hammer it out of the way with a chisel (unsuccessful), we shimmed one engine mount with 8mm (canadian eh?) of washers, and that provided about 1/4" inch clearance between the shaft and the headers.

I will have the bungs re welded to point downwards, and clear all bolts this weekend.

Thank you to all who provided quick input.. :thumbsup:

now if my SCT wasn't bricked I'd be happier (RMA in progress) :headbonk:
Glad it worked out for you in the end! :)

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yikes, glad I didn't cheap out and go with Pypes. Seen a lot of threads lately with people having fitment issues.

Sponsored

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What kind did you get?
Stainless Power. My buddy installed them for me and he said they were the easiest headers he's ever installed.

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
I also have the pipes long tube headers but had no fitment issues
Sponsored