Sponsored

BIR Video, Clutch explodes, Advance track warnings

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I was only able to get two short sessions in. The advance track limp mode came in after the 3rd lap of the first session then again same in the second session. I'm blaming it on a slipping clutch that I did not detect. The clutch finally blew on an upshift to 4th.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]LYzLjaQWJRI[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I was only able to get two short sessions in. The advance track limp mode came in after the 3rd lap of the first session then again same in the second session. I'm blaming it on a slipping clutch that I did not detect. The clutch finally blew on an upshift to 4th.
Very sorry to hear about your issue, not sure if you had time to check out the clutch yet but take a very close look at your half shafts as it may not be the clutch. Your incident and mine are very similar. It could still be a clutch issue and a visual inspection of the clutch is the first place to start.
[ame]

Hope you get things back up and running soon, time for some upgrades! Let us know your findings and your replacement choices as well.

Dave

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Wow! Those are both very disheartening failures. These cars are no where track ready. You guys were not even running them 10/10ths! I wonder if it is the Chinese parts? When I looked at GT's at my local dealer every Manual gearbox was made in china. How much of the parts are chinese? When I see chinese parts I think everything is disposable with little to any headroom.

Was there aftermarket solutions for these problems?

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wow! Those are both very disheartening failures. These cars are no where track ready. You guys were not even running them 10/10ths! I wonder if it is the Chinese parts? When I looked at GT's at my local dealer every Manual gearbox was made in china. How much of the parts are chinese? When I see chinese parts I think everything is disposable with little to any headroom.

Was there aftermarket solutions for these problems?
Wait a second, in both of our cases whether it be clutch or half shafts, the cars are being used well outside the design goals of Ford, both of us are tuned and turning significantly more RPMs than the stock tune allows. I for one have found the car to be very reliable and nearly problem free. In two years of nothing but dedicated track use the car has had only one issue and I was able to source the part and repair the car track side. More importantly the cost to run vs the performance capability of the S550 is going to be very hard to beat from any manufacturer.

Track duty is always going to be a test for any production based car. If you want to buy a race ready track car they are available, but considering what it cost to build a safe and reliable S550 that performs at the level they do this platform is a major bargain.

Dave

Sponsored

OP
OP

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Wait a second, in both of our cases whether it be clutch or half shafts, the cars are being used well outside the design goals of Ford, both of us are tuned and turning significantly more RPMs than the stock tune allows. I for one have found the car to be very reliable and nearly problem free. In two years of nothing but dedicated track use the car has had only one issue and I was able to source the part and repair the car track side. More importantly the cost to run vs the performance capability of the S550 is going to be very hard to beat from any manufacturer.

Track duty is always going to be a test for any production based car. If you want to buy a race ready track car they are available, but considering what it cost to build a safe and reliable S550 that performs at the level they do this platform is a major bargain.

Dave
:cheers:

My clutch did explode and after talking with Kohr motorsports I'm convinced it was the slipping clutch that caused the warnings and limp mode.