Sponsored

Brake Fluid Swap

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Are you guys taking your car to have the fluid swapped or doing it yourselves? I think it is finally time to get some new fluid.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its helpful to have two people, but with the right tools its pretty easy to do it yourself. Hardest part is getting the car up on jackstands and getting the wheels off.

There are vacuum bleeders and capture bottles with checkvalves, or with two people you just need a drain pan and a bit of clear line to attach to the bleed nipple.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are you guys taking your car to have the fluid swapped or doing it yourselves? I think it is finally time to get some new fluid.
Do yourself a favor and get the Motive power bleeder and master cylinder cap. You wont regret it and it beats having to deal with another person trying to bleed the brakes.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do yourself a favor and get the Motive power bleeder and master cylinder cap. You wont regret it and it beats having to deal with another person trying to bleed the brakes.
I have a Motive Power Bleeder I used for my VW/Audi cars, but can't seem to find the adapter that would work on Ford. Where did you buy yours from?

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
If you have a good scan tool you can activate the ABS and it helps with bleeding

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have a Motive Power Bleeder I used for my VW/Audi cars, but can't seem to find the adapter that would work on Ford. Where did you buy yours from?
I think I got mine from Summit. Check you VW/Audi one cause I think the Mustang uses a 43mm cap now like German cars.

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
If you have a good scan tool you can activate the ABS and it helps with bleeding
I guess this is what i was getting at. I've never bled brakes with ABS and I know the process is a bit different.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think I got mine from Summit. Check you VW/Audi one cause I think the Mustang uses a 43mm cap now like German cars.
I'll have to double check.

Is it the same order on Mustang like on most cars: rear right, rear left, front right, then front left?

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'll have to double check.

Is it the same order on Mustang like on most cars: rear right, rear left, front right, then front left?
Yep.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I cannt see a reason to change two year old brake fluid. Unless you live in a super humid climate there is no way after two years that is has absorbed enough moisture to require changing.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I cannt see a reason to change two year old brake fluid. Unless you live in a super humid climate there is no way after two years that is has absorbed enough moisture to require changing.
Two years old with ~10 track days

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
HEAT

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I guess this is what i was getting at. I've never bled brakes with ABS and I know the process is a bit different.
Well just bleed it in the order of distance from the lines to the master (shortest to longest). Then go run it and activate the ABS a few times and bleed again. That's the way I would do it if I didn't have the autel scan tool.

If you have the PP you have two bleeders on the front.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT