Sponsored

Which oil catch can did you use?

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I just installed my Ford Performance one. Super easy. It is not difficult to empty based upon the directions and how quickly it pops off with the factory connectors.

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
i have both, UPR on wifes car and original design JLT on mine. the UPR seems to catch quite a bit more oil. I would do UPR if doing again.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i had the jlt, super easy to install. since went with upr, quality is night and day, more complicated of an install as well

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I went with the Mashimoto and I regret it. I have to disconnect both hoses and then remove the can from the bracket and empty it on the bench. There is zero room to get in there and unscrew it while it is in the car. And my hands are about the size of a tic tac, so....

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-oilseparator-red-1516gt.html

It catches a shit ton, but it's just a nightmare to maintain.
I don't disconnect my hoses, they're so flexible, I just back out the two screws on the mounting bracket, lift it up, unscrew the bottom.

In fact, I need to check mine right now and I might try to unscrew it without even unmounting it from the bracket - I'll report back with my results :D

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
i had the jlt, super easy to install. since went with upr, quality is night and day, more complicated of an install as well
I don't understand the "since went with upr" part...? What's the difference between the two.

-Emt1581

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't disconnect my hoses, they're so flexible, I just back out the two screws on the mounting bracket, lift it up, unscrew the bottom.

In fact, I need to check mine right now and I might try to unscrew it without even unmounting it from the bracket - I'll report back with my results :D

I was pretty close to being able to unscrew it with it mounted, but I was worried getting it started would be a PITA, or I'd drop it getting it out (which would make a mess).

So I did my normal routine, two screws, lift up and out connected. Anyway, holy smokes, I had to have a good 1-1/2" of oil.

Anyway, clearly there are some designs that make access quicker, but I figured the 3-4 times a year for me wasn't a big deal with the extra steps - and I really dug on the look of the Mishi setup (plus I had a killer discount from a previous purchase + a sale)

:cheers:

Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I went with the Ford Performance one. I like how it looks factory. Didn't like how the JLT just floated there. The UPR one was second choice but it's $50 more.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Went with the Moroso unit. Like the bracket and placement. Easy to install and easy to get to.

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic
I have used UPR exclusively on five different Ford products.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
JLT is going to be the winner for me. Is it possible to get one under $139 shipped?

Seems like no matter where they are for sale online...always $139 shipped. Does AM or CJ's or anyone else that sells them have a discount/coupon code for the forum?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Radialoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2000 GT
i went Ford Performance , looks like it came on the car fro the factory. Light weight as well.
Sponsored