Any Recommendations for Ford Dealer in the Scottsdale/Phoenix Area

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Just received word that the revised oil lines for the GT350/GT350R (that were the subject of a recall) are now available. Anyone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area have a recommendation as to which Dealer's Service Department I should take my GT350R to to have work done. Am new to the area and have no experience with local dealers and the reputation of their Service Departments. Thank you in advance
Sponsored

boze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boze
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2018 Shelby GT350, 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
there are 2 "ford performance" ford dealerships in phoenix.
chapman ford in scottsdale and the one i prefer:
sanderson ford/speciality parts
6400 n 51st ave
glendale, az 85301
888 364 3673
talk to ean in service, knowledgable, informative, caring, friendly and a car nut.
after doing much ford dealer homework with many ford dealers, i've found that most service advisors or service managers don't know much about the shelby GT350 or how to service it. ean and sanderson seem much different. they've serviced Gt350s. i'll be going there this thursday morning for my first oil/filter change at 900-1000 miles.

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
I bought my R model at Peoria Ford. Can't speak for their service as the car lives in California. They are a Roush dealer as well.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No, but I can recommend pretty much any of the major Arizona universities if you want to surround yourself with women that are WAYYYY_HEY_HEY_HEEYYYYYY out of your league... but might still date you.

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'll be taking mine to Berge Ford

Sponsored

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Stay away from Autonation Ford Scottsdale. Lead technician did my oil change and ended up with smoke coming from my hood on Scottsdale road and oil leaking on garage floor.

On a side note, I'm right off Lone Mountain and Pima road. If you're in Cave Creek and want to take the cars out for a ride to Bartlett or Seven Springs send me a PM and we'll make some noise together.

SROLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I also have my GT350 in Phoenix and it is on the recall list. Just checked with Sanderson and they do not have the part yet.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Just received word that the revised oil lines for the GT350/GT350R (that were the subject of a recall) are now available. Anyone in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area have a recommendation as to which Dealer's Service Department I should take my GT350R to to have work done. Am new to the area and have no experience with local dealers and the reputation of their Service Departments. Thank you in advance
I really like Cave Creek, feels out in the country and 15 minutes to Scottsdale....

hungover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Procharged GT
On a somewhat related note, anyone know of a good place to pick up a used 15+ GT in the same area? I've been trolling craigslist, and used car dealerships always set off my spidey sense...

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I've had nothing but bad experiences over and over with Chapman Ford's service dept. in Scottsdale. It's been bad enough that I drive to another dealership 15-20min away when Chapman is within walking distance of where I live.

Can't recommend any others since I haven't had any shops do much on my car but I would avoid them at all costs.

Sponsored

rubyruby55oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red mustang gt
On a somewhat related note, anyone know of a good place to pick up a used 15+ GT in the same area? I've been trolling craigslist, and used car dealerships always set off my spidey sense...
i picked my 15 GT up off craigslist about a month ago. theres not tooooo strong of a market, and it fluctuates pretty quickly. id check edmunds or cars.com and just really look for the right car at the right price. i got my base gt with a few bolt ons on a private sale at $26k with 14500 miles, wouldve done $29-$30k before taxes and such at a dealer.

rubyruby55oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red mustang gt
Stay away from Autonation Ford Scottsdale. Lead technician did my oil change and ended up with smoke coming from my hood on Scottsdale road and oil leaking on garage floor.

On a side note, I'm right off Lone Mountain and Pima road. If you're in Cave Creek and want to take the cars out for a ride to Bartlett or Seven Springs send me a PM and we'll make some noise together.
a good buddy of mine is a tech at chapman, and I trust him with all my servicing needs.

also, im down in north scottsdale, but would always be down to drive a little north. moving to troon within the month so thats an easy hop. id gladly make some noise.

hungover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Procharged GT
i picked my 15 GT up off craigslist about a month ago. theres not tooooo strong of a market, and it fluctuates pretty quickly. id check edmunds or cars.com and just really look for the right car at the right price. i got my base gt with a few bolt ons on a private sale at $26k with 14500 miles, wouldve done $29-$30k before taxes and such at a dealer.
Awesome, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, both the car and the price. I have a search alert on CL already, I'll check the other sites you mentioned and wait until something pops up.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Autonation service is also the one that recently totaled a member's Mustang less than 30 feet from the dealership during a "test" drive.

What's really strange is that dealership has changed owners numerous times and even back in the late 80's the service sucked. I bought an LX 5.0 from them and the trans was crap. They tried to rebuild it twice, each time making it worse. Finally Ford made them put a new one in. Also when the car was new it had scrapes on the front fascia which they repaired and repainted on the car. On the way home, the car overheated because they never removed newspaper they had stuffed behind it to keep over-spray off the radiator.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've had nothing but bad experiences over and over with Chapman Ford's service dept. in Scottsdale. It's been bad enough that I drive to another dealership 15-20min away when Chapman is within walking distance of where I live.
What kind of problems? I haven't needed service but I was thinking of going there when I did based on the positive reviews above. Help forum members know what to be cautious about.
Sponsored