Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Is that because the new intake and throttle body on the power pack or just poor figment originally?

The Ford Performance oil separator fits fine! It's tight but its fine. I have emptied it once already.

xZh2txO.jpg
Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not every car has had to modify the cover, 2017 cars don't have the extra vacuum hose that 2015-16 had. I found that you do have to install the T-fitting for the vacuum line that the 350 doesn't have, but i'm going to do mine slightly differently. I pulled my cover off when I installed the Air/oil separators.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I have '17 and posted some pics of my PP2 install in this thread, a few pages back. Here's a link: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1889963&postcount=3226

I had to use the t-fitting on the vacuum hoses. The '17 has three vacuum hoses to connect once you get rid of the sound tube. The GT350 airbox/tube only has two vacuum connections.

I also had to trim my appearance cover. I happen to like the cover. I think the engine looks better with it than without. Not a fan of the plastic intake runner look. So it was either trim the cover or lose it.

Also, I had to split the wire loom that the wiring for the MAF sensor is part of b/c my MAF wires were about 8" too short.

Overall I am very happy with the PP2 kit and I think the kit is fairly priced and worth the money. However, IMO the installation instructions leave much to be desired, as I detailed in my post.

smdub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
New user here. Read about ~40 pages back so far but haven't gone though all 225 yet. I've been waiting for a factory GT tune forever. Does this get rid the the upshift rev matching? Where you push in the clutch and the revs don't drop to zero but instead hang for a couple seconds at the correct rpm for the next higher gear? I see some say it has no 'rev hang' but I'm not clear on that definition. Someone said that the rev hang is for the no lift upshift. I don't particularly care about that. I just want to be sure Tune 1 or 2 kills the rev-match upshift. Drives me NUTS that it is there. Even after 2 yrs of owning this car I can't consistently get smooth upshifts. Can't re-train the brain not to press the gas a little between shifts.

Sounds like it gives engine braking sooner too? I always thought that was a related problem. IMO, ford retarded the throttle body close on a quick lift to hide the transmission backlash.

I could care less about more power. If it fixes those driveability problems I'll buy it tonight. I've debated selling the car over this issue.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Does this get rid the the upshift rev matching? Where you push in the clutch and the revs don't drop to zero but instead hang for a couple seconds at the correct rpm for the next higher gear?
No. And it drives me crazy too.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
91+ octane covers 91, 92 and 93 octane fuels. They will not be offering E85 tunes. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
when if I have a pale of 104...does that count as 91+ or would it be a problem running that high of octane.

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I asked Levittownford and they said current ETA for the orders are Late August. :(

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The Rev 2 tune got rid of the rev hang and I love the engine braking now.
Rev 1 I felt like a noob when I was trying to rev match when I shifted and the RPM would hang

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I asked Levittownford and they said current ETA for the orders are Late August. :(
What's their price? I got mine in 2 days from CJ Pony....$755. Summer is about over here by the end of August!
Sponsored