Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Agreed. The Gen2 SCAB looks less appealing than the SCREW. As for accessories, I plan to get some amber/white bumper LEDs and likely a CAI, high-flow filter and tune. I'm gonna wait n see what exhaust packages are out there in a year or so. I like the larger airflow ports you linked to, as well.

Will add a bedcover and ceramic paint protectant and a hard-wired valentine detector. I'll also likely get the beadlocks when they're available.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds like your going all out from the get go. For assesories, I'm just going to get the spray in liner, going to get expel on the frontal impact areas, some of the red badge inlays for the tailgate, and may do some different rims eventually.
Don't know I'll do those larger port adaptors, from what I'm reading elsewhere it will need a tune to get the benefit of them. For sure a ford tune and go from there. I'm sure there will be crazy gains from warranty destroying tunes, but since it's my daily I want to preserve warranty. I'm guessing people will be tuning 100+hp. I'll probably settle for the ford 25hp 50 FPT Haha.

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
So I went to Bill Currie today to discuss ordering one... The sales manager said "91500 as priced, firm." I said no way am I paying 20k over for a truck and he literally said "well that's what people are paying, thank you for coming" and turned and walked off... NEVER will I deal with them again. Ever.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So I went to Bill Currie today to discuss ordering one... The sales manager said "91500 as priced, firm." I said no way am I paying 20k over for a truck and he literally said "well that's what people are paying, thank you for coming" and turned and walked off... NEVER will I deal with them again. Ever.

A lot are starting to add adm. At first it was fairly easy to find msrp to below. Now it seems most will have an adm. Drop them and find a small dealer somewhere that actually appreciates people's business.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My brother was shopping the Raptor, but ended up by some $60k GMC limited platinum or whatever their namemail those things. The dealer was asking $15k ADM on the raptor which he didn't want to pay. I can't blame him, but I did point out that he crossed shopped a off road speciality truck with a high cumfort luxury truck.

Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
My brother was shopping the Raptor, but ended up by some $60k GMC limited platinum or whatever their namemail those things. The dealer was asking $15k ADM on the raptor which he didn't want to pay. I can't blame him, but I did point out that he crossed shopped a off road speciality truck with a high cumfort luxury truck.
The new Raptor interior is really nice. The suspension is cush on streets. I'd say it's every bit as luxurious as something with fake chrome all over it.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I looked up his text. It was a GMC Denali Unlimited. I had seen a review; and I don't think they talked about 1 suspension upgrade or power upgrade.

But the reviewer did like the electric side rails that pop out by waving your foot under them.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The raptor is bargain even with a slight adm, much like the 350 is. It adds up quick with all the options tho.

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I looked up his text. It was a GMC Denali Unlimited. I had seen a review; and I don't think they talked about 1 suspension upgrade or power upgrade.

But the reviewer did like the electric side rails that pop out by waving your foot under them.
Is your brother a member on FRF?

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Searched but to no avail. What is the tow capacity?

Edit: 8K with load balancing hitch

Last edited:

Sponsored

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Deposit placed today! Went back to a different dealer who was asking 10k ADM on the ones on the lot.... He said he'd do MSRP if I order one of their two last allocations and deposit today. Done and done.... Now to unload the GT350 Tech pack.... :( Hope this thing can pull the R to the track!!

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Here's a good article that explains a truck's "real" towing capacity.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/1...ing-real-world-payload-towing-capacities.html

The limiting factor on 1/2 ton pickups is going to be the "carrying capacity" or how much weight can you put IN and ON the truck. Not how much it can pull. For instance, on my '13 Raptor the carrying capacity was 1050 lbs. I towed a 4500 lb. travel trailer with it (with weight dist. hitch) which will put somewhere around 400-450 lbs. of tongue weight on the truck. Put my fat ass in at 250 lbs. and now you're left with 350 lbs. of other gear and people you can put in the truck. If you're travelling with other adults that will be eaten up very quickly.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This is my only reason for not getting a raptor. It's an awesome truck otherwise.

Here's a good article that explains a truck's "real" towing capacity.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/1...ing-real-world-payload-towing-capacities.html

The limiting factor on 1/2 ton pickups is going to be the "carrying capacity" or how much weight can you put IN and ON the truck. Not how much it can pull. For instance, on my '13 Raptor the carrying capacity was 1050 lbs. I towed a 4500 lb. travel trailer with it (with weight dist. hitch) which will put somewhere around 400-450 lbs. of tongue weight on the truck. Put my fat ass in at 250 lbs. and now you're left with 350 lbs. of other gear and people you can put in the truck. If you're travelling with other adults that will be eaten up very quickly.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
This is my only reason for not getting a raptor. It's an awesome truck otherwise.
Mine too I guess. Pulled my 24' enclosed car hauler with a Tundra at one time. It didn't like it but it pulled it even though it was within towing specs. Since 2011 the pulling duty has been a F250 SD. Just can't get away from the capability of this truck. I made the mistake of test driving a '17 Platinum recently. Nice improvements over my '14.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They use that as figure for off roading and max loads on tires. If your not off roading your gonna be fine. My Tacoma is probably 1000 lbs and ive put 2.5x that number in my truck. I didn't haul balls and just drive normal on the the road. No problems ever and I do it a lot. Full loads in the box with parts that easily way over 2000 lbs. Haul my honda rancher in the back with a couple people in the truck and my ramps.

I suppose on the minute chance something breaks or blows while going down the road then, it's your fault. I think there is a better chance your dealer forgets to torque your lugs and your wheel falls off.
Sponsored