c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Enclosed here! Actually co-own the trailer for our other racecars (thunder roadsters), but it's a 48' all aluminum Sundowner. But it will definitely see some mustang duty also.

Also pulled via goosneck by a Ram 3500 longhorn :first:
20160929_181929-1_1600x1021.jpg
20160929_182010_1600x900.jpg
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Enclosed here! Actually co-own the trailer for our other racecars (thunder roadsters), but it's a 48' all aluminum Sundowner. But it will definitely see some mustang duty also.

Also pulled via goosneck by a Ram 3500 longhorn :first:
Damn......you win :headbang::headbang:

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
What kind of hitch for the small trailers?

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Had to join the club. :). I've since mounted the spare to the tongue and added a foot/stabilizer.
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Nice!

Mine made it from Oregon to Nebraska and back without giving me any trouble. I did replace a suspect bearing beforehand, though. One of the inside ones wasn't rolling smooth and had evidence of corrosion on it out of the box. It appeared to be failing when checking things over after a few local runs to events around the PNW. So, I tossed it before the big trip to Nats.

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
The Harbor Freight trailers are surprisingly good for the price. I've got a 4x8 I bought about 10 years ago. It's got thousands of miles towing dirt and street bikes and a 4 wheeler over the year, as well as untold numbers of large car parts. I've completely rewired it once with better stuff, replaced the plywood a couple of times, new tires/wheels a few times, and repainted it once. Still on the original bearings, believe it or not.

For larger stuff, I have an open car hauler and I jointly own a 28' enclosed for the race car with my teammates (we do WRL and ChumpCar). For the car haulers, I highly recommend using E-Track. I've bolted it to both the open and enclosed trailers. It's really convenient to be able to move your tie down points around to match what car, motorcycle, ATV, etc. you've got in the trailer.

Lastly, if you have a bigger trailer, you know that trailer tires suck. I'm very anal about air pressures, and replace them every 3-4 years even if they look good. But I also bought a tire pressure monitoring system. There's several brands out there, but I've been very happy with this one; it's not cheap, but it works:
http://eezrvproduct.com/t/tire-pressure-and-temperature-monitoring-systems-tpms-3

I use the flow-through sensors on my truck, and the regular ones on my trailers. It's very nice to monitor pressures while you're traveling cross country, and it will alert you to slow leaks. And has high/low pressure and temperature alarms.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have a 2 car trailer that I tow with my GMC 2500HD 6.0 gas. It hauls without any issues. I have air bags now to level it out.

I've also used a uhaul trailer but due to its design it can damage your front undertray on it.

32066344325_7092f6da4d_z_d.jpg

Sponsored

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Instead of air bags, I tried the Roadmaster Active Suspension. I've never used air bags, so I can't make a direct comparison. I installed the helper springs between towing Houston to Fort Worth (Texas Motor Speedway) and towing Houston to Daytona. The difference was night and day. Much better bounce and sway control. I don't even use the sway controller on my hitch any more. They were easy to install, and, most surprisingly, had no effect on the ride when unloaded.

https://www.activesuspension.com/

I also have one of these. Used it when we went to the bigger enclosed trailer to figure out the placement of the car, 4-wheeler, tool box, etc. to get the tongue weight correct.

http://sherline.com/product/sherline-trailer-tongue-weight-scale/

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Instead of air bags, I tried the Roadmaster Active Suspension. I've never used air bags, so I can't make a direct comparison. I installed the helper springs between towing Houston to Fort Worth (Texas Motor Speedway) and towing Houston to Daytona. The difference was night and day. Much better bounce and sway control. I don't even use the sway controller on my hitch any more. They were easy to install, and, most surprisingly, had no effect on the ride when unloaded.

https://www.activesuspension.com/

I also have one of these. Used it when we went to the bigger enclosed trailer to figure out the placement of the car, 4-wheeler, tool box, etc. to get the tongue weight correct.

http://sherline.com/product/sherline-trailer-tongue-weight-scale/

I've never seen that before but like it. I had helper springs on my old truck and they were junk.

Part of the reasoning going with bags is so I can change the height of the truck when loading the bed as well.

seems like I can use the road master unit with my bags!

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I also use a Harbor Freight unit. I've probably put 4000 miles on it, without any incident. I did go from the stock wheels up to 12" units, and repack the bearings a couple of times a year. Tows great and works like a champ! I did change the lights over to LED to get brigher/less current draw.

Bolt on Curt hitch and their wiring harness.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I just finished my trailer up. It's a Right On Multi Sport trailer that I modified. Basically it's a light trailer with roof-rack type bars that you can mount all kinds of stuff on. It's cheap, delivered in 3 boxes to the house and easy to assemble...

http://www.rightontrailer.com/multi-sport-trailer/

Usually I have a couple J-racks on it to haul kayaks, but I put a sheet of 3/4" plywood on, attached it to the rails, then used some eye bolts to make tie down locations. I also added a foot-locker type box that will hold my jack, torque wrench, etc.
20140810_103819-1.jpg
trailer1-1.jpg
trailer2-2.jpg
Sponsored