Sponsored

Contemplating changing my colour choice!!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
  • Banned
I've ordered a Ruby Red, fantastic colour and looks the bomb:thumbsup:

However, got to work the other day and usually the car park is filled with grey/black/silver, occasional white (apart from my car, most whites are either Kugas or Kia Sportage's), one blue BMW 4 series and the usual bland colours.

However, there was, eight red cars in a row, varying from Mazda's, Renaults and Fords (closest to Ruby red was the Renault Clio and Mazda 6, which I imagine is close to Fords Ruby Red), I was horrified!!

I'm seriously considering going mental and get a Competition Orange or Triple Yellow, I can't bring myself to park a Mustang RR in amongst the total shite, that the other reds are!

I may even stick with white, the only thing about that is that Fords Oxford White is not pearlescent (however it's probably the best colour for putting on custom decals, of which I've got my eye on a set)

I'm in a real dilemma here :brokenheart:
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
NOOOOO! Don't do it. Stick with the Ruby mate. just my opinion of course but I think it's a much more interesting colour...fuck the Clio's & then Mazda. The Mustang will look killer when it's next to the riff raff. Heck I've gone for arguably the most boring colour choice but I know it will stand out & turn heads wherever it is...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
NOOOOO! Don't do it. Stick with the Ruby mate. just my opinion of course but I think it's a much more interesting colour...fuck the Clio's & then Mazda. The Mustang will look killer when it's next to the riff raff. Heck I've gone for arguably the most boring colour choice but I know it will stand out & turn heads wherever it is...
Magnetic, boring? Pah! :D

The colour was about the only thing I didn't change from my initial spec! IMHO there's not a bad colour in the entire line up.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
think of it this way. You get the color you want & park near them, now THEY are saying things about how there cars are .......!

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've ordered a Ruby Red, fantastic colour and looks the bomb:thumbsup:

However, got to work the other day and usually the car park is filled with grey/black/silver, occasional white (apart from my car, most whites are either Kugas or Kia Sportage's), one blue BMW 4 series and the usual bland colours.

However, there was, eight red cars in a row, varying from Mazda's, Renaults and Fords (closest to Ruby red was the Renault Clio and Mazda 6, which I imagine is close to Fords Ruby Red), I was horrified!!

I'm seriously considering going mental and get a Competition Orange or Triple Yellow, I can't bring myself to park a Mustang RR in amongst the total shite, that the other reds are!

I may even stick with white, the only thing about that is that Fords Oxford White is not pearlescent (however it's probably the best colour for putting on custom decals, of which I've got my eye on a set)

I'm in a real dilemma here :brokenheart:
Have a look at the american mustang configurations, much better pictures of all colours and the stripes.

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/...1.|400A.P8C..H3...COU.ERS.MST.~YZKAA.GT.PRE.]

Sponsored

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Triple yellow looked awesome in the flesh and if I was a bright young thing I would have gone for that no problem - however my age is against me and DIB is for me. Always stick with your first choice everything else is 2nd guessing yourself.
My wife has the red Clio and it is a great colour really zings in the sun.

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
All those other cars might be red. But yours will be the nicest red one lol. Also I haven't seen too many red mustangs on the streets. I've seen mostly black

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
My wife has a Citroen C3 that they call "Ruby Red" and seems to be close to the Ford colour - I am looking forward to seeing the fleet on the drive!

And as Five0GT said, they might be a similar colour but they do look somewhat different; mine is the convertible which will help to be "different" as well.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
If you Sons of Scotland think Ford is taking an inordinate amount of time in getting your Stangs to you presently, just change your vehicle order and see what happens! We look forward to your Ruby Red Mustang pictured on some verdant Highland hillside come next Spring.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If you Sons of Scotland think Ford is taking an inordinate amount of time in getting your Stangs to you presently, just change your vehicle order and see what happens!
Order changes not recommended then? :D

I guess it throws them aff-kilter, as we might say...

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you like Ruby Red stick with it, don't bother about what other people think or what colour other cars are. Who is this car for, you or everyone else? Plus it will probably set your order back a fair bit if you change your mind now.

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you like Ruby Red stick with it, don't bother about what other people think or what colour other cars are. Who is this car for, you or everyone else? Plus it will probably set your order back a fair bit if you change your mind now.
AFAIK, we have the opportunity to change our spec when we go and confirm the spec and get a VIN etc.

I've got a fair few months to contemplate, however, I can't be abiding 'current trend colours', if that makes sense :shrug:

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
AFAIK, we have the opportunity to change our spec when we go and confirm the spec and get a VIN etc.

I've got a fair few months to contemplate, however, I can't be abiding 'current trend colours', if that makes sense :shrug:
"confirm the spec" and "get a VIN" are two different stages, and quite a long time apart. For the early orders, we had to confirm our specs back in May/June. The VIN is only available a couple of weeks before the build actually starts...

In the US you change the order / colour until just before the build process begins; who knows what impact it might have on a UK order if you ask for a change after the order is confirmed?

You might end up at the back of the queue again! And any more colour changes won't happen until MY2017 at the soonest, so you won't be able to even order it until next summer, and maybe the lead time will be less than 12 months by then...!

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might end up at the back of the queue again! And any more colour changes won't happen until MY2017 at the soonest, so you won't be able to even order it until next summer, and maybe the lead time will be less than 12 months by then...!
Not wanting that to happen!!

However, is it not the case that you confirm your order before it gets built? Surely (not impossible though given Fords cluster), you can't go any further back than at the back with something that's not built yet :shrug:
Sponsored