AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
For those being introduced to the Ecoboost Platform for the first time. As you may have heard the Ecoboost motors are impressive beasts and the future of Ford Motors. We have been pushing these motors since 2011 when they were first released in an F150. We had the Country's fastest truck in the country for over a year, and the record is currently held by a truck that uses a lot of parts the we helped develop for the Ecoboost F150.

These ecoboost Motors suffer from one flaw, they do not have a proper PCV System for a Forced Induction System. The PCV system does not have active suction while the motor is under boost. Meaning that the PCV system is only working at idle for ecoboost engines. Everything that the PCV system does not pick up is circulated in your engine and passed into you oil, affecting oil life and overall performance. The newly designed UPR Dual Valve Catch Cans correct the issue and keep all the harmful contaminants out of you engine and into a convenient place for you to dispose of periodically. The design is the same from the F150s and we have seen great improvents in oil life and idle quality on those trucks. We can honestly say that this should be one of everyone's first mods if you own an ecoboost mustang.

Here is what we are used to catching in the Ecoboost F150s.

UPR has just released their Dual Valve Kit for the ecoboost mustang, that installs in 15 minutes using OEM Push Connect Fittings for a truly factory look. For those of you that are interested or have any questions please feel free to PM Me or you may place the order on our website.

http://www.makperformance.com/2015-MUSTANG-23-ECOBOOST-DUAL-VALVE-OIL-CATCH-CAN-SEPARATOR_p_325.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bump We have these ready to go.
Ecoboost cars need some attention to the PCV, this is the way to do it.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Any forum discount code?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I emailed UPR but didn't get a response... Does this kit hook up to both the driver and passenger side of the engine? Also, can you provide some better pictures of the kit including what the can looks like inside? The pictures available on your website and UPR's website aren't very helpful.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
I emailed UPR but didn't get a response... Does this kit hook up to both the driver and passenger side of the engine? Also, can you provide some better pictures of the kit including what the can looks like inside? The pictures available on your website and UPR's website aren't very helpful.
I will get more exact details tommorow, we are stuck waiting for our ecoboost so have not been able to install one ourselves. I do have some pics, I will get some more in the morning

If you guys have any questions please feel free to PM me I would be more than happy to answer any/all your questions.

11-14-ford-f150-ecoboost-3-5-dual-valve-catch-can-css-satin-1.jpg

15-mustang-2-3-ecoboost-dual-valve-oil-catch-can-separator-8.jpg

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks for the pictures. I look forward to seeing the rest tomorrow. Do you happen to have the instructions for installing it also? I don't have my car yet so it's hard for me to visualize where everything connects.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Spoke to UPR earlier about the current catch can and discovered that a newer design was being released specifically for the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang. Still accomplishing the feat of correcting the PCV system, but in a design specifically for the Ecoboost Mustang.

There will also be a tandem upgrade available for this setup in the future.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Here is a post from Joe from UPR in another thread explaining a bit more about the system.

This is what was Tested and Proven on the UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang system and it has performed flawlessly to say the least. But this is a much more complex system than anything available on the market. We have had years of experience with Traditional cans like Moroso and JLT which are a side by side inlet and outlet that let's 50% of the oil get sucked right through at a minimum.

That is why cans that small can be emptied so infrequently and never fill up. The system we have developed catches more oil and un-burnt fuel in a few hundred miles than the capacity of either the Moroso or JLT. These tests have been run so many times with the same results where the side by side designs give you the placebo effect.

That is the biggest reason we had to develop a special split level diffuser for our original catch can setup. Then eventually we went to our latest 4 Chamber setup to make it perform better than any other system ever developed. It is very important to understand how the system performs and the function of the 4 chambers vs a side by side pull through design can.

If anyone has any questions on catch cans and the system here is a pretty good explanation of how the ecoboost PCV works.

2015 Ecoboost PCV System Function and Flow Direction.

The system has a one directional flow that scavenges the clean air from the passenger side pickup on the intake tube right before the turbo and then get drawn through the crankcase and out the driver side swivel connection right above the starter coming out of the engine block. Then gets hooked to the throttle body to draw through the intake and get burned clean in the combustion chamber as per EPA regulations.

Testing was over 3000 extremely hard miles and testing it in every situation from cruising to flat out every day of testing. The passenger side yielded great results and the driver side stayed bone dry.

Ford has come leaps and bounds on designing the PCV system. But the driver side connection to the throttle body must be protected as it can really move some oil without a system in place.

The guys at MAK will be posting a complete set of pictures I just sent them.

If you guys have any questions as always please feel free to ask here, PM me, or email me.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Did some of that terminology get mixed up? The air goes from just before the turbo into the crank case (to where exactly? The port up top on the passenger side?) then it come out the bottom of the crank case on the drivers side and goes to the throttle body. That makes sense, but then they talk about the "dirty" side goes to some fitting on the oil pan but that was never mentioned as part of the air path to begin with so I'm confused.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I think I understand what they meant, but the way it was described was not consistent so I just want to make sure I'm tracking what's really happening.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
UPR Mustang Single and Dual Valve Catch Can Explanation

Did some of that terminology get mixed up? The air goes from just before the turbo into the crank case (to where exactly? The port up top on the passenger side?) then it come out the bottom of the crank case on the driver's side and goes to the throttle body. That makes sense, but then they talk about the "dirty" side goes to some fitting on the oil pan but that was never mentioned as part of the air path to begin with so I'm confused.
The clean air enters on the driver side right before the Turbo inlet and then travels through the crank case eventually getting sucked out the driver oil pan / dirty side through the throttle body to get burned in the combustion chamber for EPA purposes.

So on a UPR Single Valve Catch Can System you would route the dirty line from the oil pan to the top of the UPR Single Valve Catch Can System. Then the clean line would run from the exit of the UPR Single Valve Catch Can System to the throttle body.

On the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System you would route the dirty line from the oil pan to the top of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System. Then the clean line would run from the exit of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System to the throttle body.

Lastly the WOT connection would be on the second exit, hence Dual Valve system. This is what will allow the throttle body connection to close under boost so you don't pressurize the catch can. Allowing the WOT / second valve to pull vacuum from right before the Turbo through a second line that has vacuum during Wide Open Throttle to properly evacuate your crank case at WOT.

Hope this helps.

Joe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
UPR, Why a Dual Valve Catch Can over a Single Valve Catch Can

What is the most important reason to go with a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System over a Single Valve ?

The reason is simple to explain and makes perfect sense.

A Single Valve Catch Can will do a good job. But because the PCV will still be able to push air/oil backwards out the unprotected side through your intake stream it will not be able to function properly. Reducing Performance and MPG at WOT.

The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System will do the best job because it will not only protect your system while cruising. It has the second valve to rely on during WOT. When your engine goes into boost it will be able to provide a very strong vacuum for crankcase evacuation improving MPG and Overall Performance.

This is something that a Single Valve or Twin Catch Can System will never be able to do. When they are under WOT they both just pressurize the crankcase and allow pressure to be on top and on bottom of the piston. The key is protect your engine and make it more efficient not less. This is why vacuum pumps are so effective because they are under constant one direction suction controlling the direction the oil flows.

This is the same thing as a Dual Valve Catch Can System accomplishes by having the UPR WOT Dual Valve Setup. So when the engine goes into boost the intake tube gets pressurized and closes the check valve and stops you from boosting your catch can and crankcase, resulting in higher boost and more power. Now the WOT line becomes active utilizing the vacuum from the inlet side of the turbo creating a stronger vacuum to compensate for the extra scavenging and oil control needed.

This is the only way to provide the proper evacuation throughout the RPM range with turbo's and supercharger's. These systems are the only choice on the Ecoboost platform for optimum results and performance.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The clean air enters on the driver side right before the Turbo inlet and then travels through the crank case eventually getting sucked out the driver oil pan / dirty side through the throttle body to get burned in the combustion chamber for EPA purposes.

So on a UPR Single Valve Catch Can System you would route the dirty line from the oil pan to the top of the UPR Single Valve Catch Can System. Then the clean line would run from the exit of the UPR Single Valve Catch Can System to the throttle body.

On the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System you would route the dirty line from the oil pan to the top of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System. Then the clean line would run from the exit of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can System to the throttle body.

Lastly the WOT connection would be on the second exit, hence Dual Valve system. This is what will allow the throttle body connection to close under boost so you don't pressurize the catch can. Allowing the WOT / second valve to pull vacuum from right before the Turbo through a second line that has vacuum during Wide Open Throttle to properly evacuate your crank case at WOT.

Hope this helps.

Joe
It made sense after I looked at the install instructions and saw that you have to drill a hole for the WOT side. I was trying to figure out where are the lines plugged up to existing places. Thanks for the explanation.