Sponsored

2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 VS. 2017 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT350R: THE FOREVER WAR

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I think I figured what the GT350R looks like from the front. A big fat catfish. Take a look. I think you will agree.

Funny.... I do not see any resemblance to a "big fat catfish". What I do see, however, is Camaro's hood that's shaped like a toilet seat.

17-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-VS-2017-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350R-front-end-in-motion-06-e1495817941619.jpg
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The camaro or the 350 a catfish? They both look a little like fish..camaro maybe a rock fish ;). I'll take my 350 for a swim tomorrow.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Funny.... I do not see any resemblance to a "big fat catfish". What I do see, however, is Camaro's hood that's shaped like a toilet seat.
17-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-VS-2017-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350R-front-end-in-motion-06-e1495817941619.jpg
LMMFAO
:lol: :lol:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
In that shot there, the camaro reminds me of the animated character in dire straits vid - money for nothing. Idk...i haven't seen the vid in a couple decades...but some things get burned in the memory.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I think I figured what the GT350R looks like from the front. A big fat catfish. Take a look. I think you will agree.
I like how the GT350's bumper runs through the middle of the front of the grill breaking it up a bit. The Camaro's front end has the big grill look that is popular today.

If we are doing fish analogies, I would say the Camaro looks like a large mouth bass and the GT350 is a small mouth bass. We all know pound for pound what is the stronger fighter and more fun to catch. :D

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I have to agree that the front end of my R model does look pretty bad compared to the beautiful front end of the ZL1.:headbonk:

But the rear end view of my R model does look a little better than the ZL1 with the CF rear wing and those CF wheels with the side view looking actually pretty good compared to the overweight ZL1 Camaro.:lol:

I just love the way my base R model comes with no rear seat, no rear view camera, no AC, no floor mats, no radio, no speakers, no Sync, no USB ports, no spare tire, no tire inflator and no sealant kit which saves a whole bunch of weight compared to the Electronics Package R model used by Motor Trend for the Head 2 Head comparison with the ZL1 Camaro.

With another ~100 pounds in weight savings I would suggest that the base R would have done even better than the fully equipped R model in the Head 2 Head comparison test.

I realize that I am somewhat of a dinosaur and from another generation but when I grew up all of the delete stuff was very cool back then and it is still very cool now at least for me.

Even though you may consider the front end of my R model similar to a big fat catfish I still love my R model and in spite of how fast your ZL1 is I will not go into detail as to my thoughts of the styling cues for the ZL1 front, side or back!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
DSCF1898.jpg
DSCF1904.jpg
DSCF1912.jpg
DSCF1919.jpg
DSCF1907.jpg

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

The Shelby is clearly nicer in this shot than the Camaro... When I came to us I wanted to buy a ZL1, yellow like Bumblebee, I swear I almost got it (ready to put the deposit) But then I saw this GT500 in Eleanor colors on the web for sale in Dallas.... The rest is history.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree that the front end of my R model does look pretty bad compared to the beautiful front end of the ZL1.:headbonk:

But the rear end view of my R model does look a little better than the ZL1 with the CF rear wing and those CF wheels with the side view looking actually pretty good compared to the overweight ZL1 Camaro.:lol:

I just love the way my base R model comes with no rear seat, no rear view camera, no AC, no floor mats, no radio, no speakers, no Sync, no USB ports, no spare tire, no tire inflator and no sealant kit which saves a whole bunch of weight compared to the Electronics Package R model used by Motor Trend for the Head 2 Head comparison with the ZL1 Camaro.

With another ~100 pounds in weight savings I would suggest that the base R would have done even better than the fully equipped R model in the Head 2 Head comparison test.

I realize that I am somewhat of a dinosaur and from another generation but when I grew up all of the delete stuff was very cool back then and it is still very cool now at least for me.

Even though you may consider the front end of my R model similar to a big fat catfish I still love my R model and in spite of how fast your ZL1 is I will not go into detail as to my thoughts of the styling cues for the ZL1 front, side or back!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
So they stripped of everything in the boot too in the R ? They take away your seats, boot lining, stereo and aircon, and add wheels and charge you 10k extra ??? Hmmm

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So they stripped of everything in the boot too in the R ? They take away your seats, boot lining, stereo and aircon, and add wheels and charge you 10k extra ??? Hmmm
Yup, and in addition Ford even deleted the resonators on the R model for more additional weight savings so how good is that!

Of course without resonators the aural sound at 8250 RPM's is something to behold.

Like pretty much all of us R owners we couldn't wait to spend the extra money on this car.

With no disrespect to the Track Pack cars as I have one it doesn't sound like you have driven a Track Pack car and an R model back to back on a road course in order to understand the difference.

:cheers:

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
i believe the r comes stripped and costs extra to add the ac, radio, rear seat etc...

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

It just means the body panels on the ZL1 will be in much better alignment and not falling off like the GT350

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It's actually kind of a bargain if you could find one close to MSRP. Try adding the CF wheels, R spoiler/splitter and suspension changes for 10k.