Sponsored

Subwoofer Upgrade

Pulser8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
For you guys that installed the Rockford sub, did you have to drill new holes into the stock enclosure? The only two that seem to line up is the top and bottom.

OP
OP
Chef jpd

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, new holes need to be drilled.

OP
OP
Chef jpd

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't, the new speaker ring gasket covers them.

Sponsored

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I understand, my low Ho has 2 12's and ~1200 watts.
Updating my thoughts after changing out all the speakers... The sub replacement sounds better when all of the other speakers are stock. The new highs and mids are drowning out the subwoofer. I had a door speaker that rattled, so I had always planned to replace the other speakers.

Adding the fact that our EQ settings are so limited... I am now looking at adding some amps and a crossover.

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
Just did the rockford sub, made a difference, but sounded a bit "flat" on some lows.
Thought id try the Polyfill for giggles, and wow that was a bigger change then what i thought would happen. Bass is deeper and louder. Wife was amazed at the 5 min change it was to put in the poly in. With just the sub some typo-o-negative songs beat seemed lacking and blended together. Poly changed that and made the drum thump and vibrate car quite well.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Just did the rockford sub, made a difference, but sounded a bit "flat" on some lows.
Thought id try the Polyfill for giggles, and wow that was a bigger change then what i thought would happen. Bass is deeper and louder. Wife was amazed at the 5 min change it was to put in the poly in. With just the sub some typo-o-negative songs beat seemed lacking and blended together. Poly changed that and made the drum thump and vibrate car quite well.
What poly did you use and where did you get it from?

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
walmart, poly-fil original by fairfield.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Just a little hint for you guys. For polyfill go to Walmart and buy the super cheap $2 pillows. They come packed with lots of poly and are a much better deal than buying poly alone in the box. :)

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
walmart, poly-fil original by fairfield.
Just a little hint for you guys. For polyfill go to Walmart and buy the super cheap $2 pillows. They come packed with lots of poly and are a much better deal than buying poly alone in the box. :)
Awesome, thanks guys!

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I found a temporary workaround for my sub being drowned out by all of the other speakers that I replaced.... drop the backseats!!! It sounds awesome now.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Installed the RF Punch last week - rest of the system still stock (12 speaker). I am surprised how much difference this alone made. Bass is much cleaner, less boomy, and for some reason the highs from the factory speakers seem better balanced and clearer. Thanks OP for posting this info - very helpful
Sponsored