Sponsored

BBK header install help

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
shorties aren't too bad. Set aside plenty of time. The bottom bolts can be a bitch so make sure you have some swivels and extensions. The long tubes were a pain in the ass.

bizkitlimped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shadow black V6 6spd
the passenger side is the worst...most of the nuts come off the studs, but if the bottom left nut comes out with the stud, you need to get the nut off the stud and put the stud back in the block because you cannot put the stud in after you try to get the header on.

get a set of wratchet wrenches that do not swivel...i had a set that swiveled and it was a pain in the ass to keep the wratchet on the nuts. Bring a lot of patience and with two people it should take you around 3-5 hours give or take. overall it's not as bad as i had expected it to be...but some of the nuts are a pain in the ass to get on.

most of the nuts and everything can be reached from the bottom of the car. you can choose to unbolt the starter if you wish, but it isn't necessary.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
the passenger side is the worst...most of the nuts come off the studs, but if the bottom left nut comes out with the stud, you need to get the nut off the stud and put the stud back in the block because you cannot put the stud in after you try to get the header on.

get a set of wratchet wrenches that do not swivel...i had a set that swiveled and it was a pain in the ass to keep the wratchet on the nuts. Bring a lot of patience and with two people it should take you around 3-5 hours give or take. overall it's not as bad as i had expected it to be...but some of the nuts are a pain in the ass to get on.

most of the nuts and everything can be reached from the bottom of the car. you can choose to unbolt the starter if you wish, but it isn't necessary.
Any tips or tricks for installing the passenger side? I have ratchet wrenches that do not swivel. What other tools do you recommend that I use? Sorry if this seems repetitive, but the instructions from BBK SUCK!

bizkitlimped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shadow black V6 6spd
Use of swivels and extensions will be your savior, most bolts you can reach from the bottom. It seemed easiest that way. You can unbolt the starter to give more room,but it is not necessaryto do so.

Sponsored

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6
Spray everything the day before you do the work with PB Blaster or something like that.
Remove the starter because it makes sliding the passenger side in a lot easier.
Patience is key. It took me about 5 hours by myself. Good luck!

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I still have not had time to install them yet...too hot up here in Sacramento and I am still unsure if I have all of the proper tools.

Here is what I think I need for the install that I currently have:

1. 13mm ratchet wrench
2. 1/2in 13mm socket
3. PB Blaster
4. ½in 15mm socket
5. ½in 17mm socket
6. ½in 18in extension
7. 2 ½in 6in extensions

Am I missing anything...any other tools that I should get that might help make this easier?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I still have not had time to install them yet...too hot up here in Sacramento and I am still unsure if I have all of the proper tools.

1. 13mm ratchet wrench
2. 1/2in 13mm socket
3. PB Blaster
4. ½in 15mm socket
5. ½in 17mm socket
6. ½in 18in extension
7. 2 ½in 6in extensions

Am I missing anything...any other tools that I should get that might help make this easier?
Dude, its like an oven here this whole week and this weekend. I can't even touch my stang since a week ago lol.

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6

1. 13mm ratchet wrench
2. 1/2in 13mm socket
3. PB Blaster
4. ½in 15mm socket
5. ½in 17mm socket
6. ½in 18in extension
7. 2 ½in 6in extensions

Here's a link to my report of my BBK header installation. I listed the tools that I used. Good luck!!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1779691#post1779691

Last edited:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
curious, could i change the mid pipe on shortys like long tube have catted h pipe/xpipe?

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
curious, could i change the mid pipe on shortys like long tube have catted h pipe/xpipe?
Im not sure...I imagine it is possible...but I don't know.

My setup is a little different than most in that I did a resonator x-pipe delete and magnaflow magnapack mufflers. Everything is welded.
Sponsored