Sponsored

All NEW: OPT7 S550 Full LED DRL/Turn Signal with Sequential and Switchback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

How complicated is this installation? Got any videos?
Installation isn't too bad. I went through fender-liner instead of taking off the front end.

- Take front wheels off
- Take tabs out of fender-liner so you can "peel it back" and place it behind the rotor. Some of the tabs push in and then you pull them out. Some have an indentation that you pull up and then they come out.
- There are 5-6 (7mm) bolts to remove on each side I believe.
- The only thing still holding the housing in is a few clips/tabs. Pull straight out and the housing should come out. It takes a good amount of force, you might think you are breaking it. It's held in there pretty well
- Unplug all 3 harnesses. You only use 2 out of the 3 harnesses with the Opt7 turn signals
- For the harness that doesn't get used, I cut a finger off of a rubber latex glove and put that over the harness to keep water out. Then I zip-tied the finger of the glove on and zip-tied that harness to the other harnesses so it's "out of the way."
- This install isn't hard at all, just a bit time consuming your first time. Plan on an hour to an hour and a half for each side since it involves taking off the tires and jacking up the car.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just installed mine,

sorry for the crappy cell phone vid but they do look awesome in person

They are now not operating properly. I'll post an updated video shortly. Still waiting on a fix from opt 7 since mid October
[ame]

Last edited:

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Just installed mine,

Thanks for taking the time to make the video! I have the same color and am impressed with how it looks!

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I was able to get my set installed with the Steeda/Air Design front Fascia.
Some of the arrow is hidden, but I think it looks awesome. Here are some photos to show what to expect. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. The black part of the light housing actually looks much better than the full opening being filled with a clear lens imo. There is still tons of light given off, so no safety concerns.

The quality of the lights are top notch and were a direct replacement of the OEM lens. The install is pretty straight forward. I had some extra stuff to do that required taking the bumper off, so I removed my front fascia. This made reaching all the bolts much easier. Once the fascia was off it was just a matter of removing the lens and bolting the new one in.

35408653141_d69de87c97_c.jpg

35538977185_3fd738fd91_c.jpg

35129431950_fdeb435536_c.jpg

34673874854_3056a064da_c.jpg

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
These look INCREDIBLE.

To the people that have them, does the white color temp match the tri-bars in the headlights?

That was the biggest issue I have had with all the switchback bulbs on the market now, they don't match.

It was bad enough that the LED fogs did not match the color temp of the headlights, but having 3 different color temps up front would look incredibly goofy in my eyes.

Sponsored

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
These look INCREDIBLE.

To the people that have them, does the white color temp match the tri-bars in the headlights?

That was the biggest issue I have had with all the switchback bulbs on the market now, they don't match.

It was bad enough that the LED fogs did not match the color temp of the headlights, but having 3 different color temps up front would look incredibly goofy in my eyes.
Sorry, no help with this one. I have aftermarket drls.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
These look INCREDIBLE.

Can't compare the fogs as i don't have them but the stock tri bars are on the warmer spectrum based off my photos. These are are definitely a good quality led as they aren't overly blue hue as some white leds tend to be. And from what i recall diode dynamics saying in the past is with the tri bars the diffusion material changes the hue or output color. I would get these over the just bulbs for the sake of the uniform output pattern regardless if the sequenced. Sequentials are just the icing on the cake.

Attached is photo of the difference
DSC_4341.jpg

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Can't compare the fogs as i don't have them but the stock tri bars are on the warmer spectrum based off my photos. These are are definitely a good quality led as they aren't overly blue hue as some white leds tend to be. And from what i recall diode dynamics saying in the past is with the tri bars the diffusion material changes the hue or output color. I would get these over the just bulbs for the sake of the uniform output pattern regardless if the sequenced. Sequentials are just the icing on the cake.

Attached is photo of the difference
Thank you sir! That is exactly what I was looking for.

I still think I want them as I am SOOO tired of fighting LED bulbs in my turn signals. I am on my 3rd set, and each has had their own issues.

OP
OP
opt7lighting

opt7lighting

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.opt-7.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Install info for the Mustang Arrow from OPT7Lighting

Just installed mine,

Most people have not needed to take their wheels off, some have also installed without taking the bumper off and going through the front plate and wheel well. If anyone needs help with install process please contact us! You can reach us by emailing Erin on our team: [email protected]

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Thank you sir! That is exactly what I was looking for.

I still think I want them as I am SOOO tired of fighting LED bulbs in my turn signals. I am on my 3rd set, and each has had their own issues.
These are definitely a better buy over switchbacks. The switchbacks I've had caused the hyper blinker sound inside the car. These sound like stock inside the car and they are pleasing to the eye.

I'll get some pics for you of the tri bars, fog lights, and these turn signals tonight. Driving down south today, so I'll be in the car all day and night lol.

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Just installed mine! It took me 3 hours because I'm a pretty much a novice and had to Google where the jack points are. The toughest part of the installation is getting those bitch plastic tab that holds the entire housing in place. I had to push them down super hard to take off the housing.

Overall, I'm very happy with how it looks and quality seems comparable with OEM. And the lights are fully working. Shipping was very fast.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Also interested to know if these will fit the GT350 fascia...

rwm01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Roush Stage 1
So I these in the mail last night and decided to test fit them into my new Roush bumper . . . It's just that Roush covers too much of the arrow for my taste. I can upload some pics tomorrow for everyone reference too if people want to see what I mean?
I would like to see pics of the light in the Roush bumper if you can.

Thanks,
Bob

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would like to see pics of the light in the Roush bumper if you can.

Thanks,
Bob
Too late, I ended up returning it the next day as the arrow part of the light were partially covered. I forgot to take a pic of it before returning. All I did was test fit it by having a friend hold it in in place from behind the bumper.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.