Sponsored

Tunes for Track

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,

There are so many reviews on tunes. But most of the people DD their cars.

For those of you who do HPDE with GT350 IM or headers, which tunes do you guys have and which ones have been really solid?

I'm always hesitant to do tunes because I have seen many motors blown due to faulty tunes. I would love a tune that has smooth throttle, good power delivery (not ultimate peak dyno power)and tuned for top end without increasing above stock RPM limiter.

Reliability and driveability for me has always been placed higher than dyno readings.

Would love to hear your feedback to guys with GT350 IM or O/R headers that track their cars.

Thanks!
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Presently I do not have the GT350 IM or headers, but I have worked with VMP to iron out a really nice tune for my car, the last iteration of which I just used at Road Atlanta. Prior I was having some almost "turbo lag" feeling until I got to like 4-4,500 RPM. They ironed that out and the car feels faster and throttle is exactly how I expect it to act, especially compared to the god awful Ford Performance Power Pack 2 tune that I had briefly. I've had no heat issues with the tune, my MPG went from a solid 17.6 to 18.1 MPG average over the same type of driving (mostly highway to/from road courses). When I go to Gridlife, they want me to data log a few laps when the car is at those higher temperatures and see what comes of it. I kind of wish communication (like acknowledging they received my data log and it was correctly executed) was better there, but other than that so far I have been happy.

I believe AED is experienced at "road course" tunes.

Oh, and VMP's GT350 tune (with stock TB) is ironed out nicely, by the way. They don't seem interested in doing it with the GT350 TB if that is what you want/have.

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
I usually dont chime in too much but this one i feel strongly about since i just went through this. I read a lot of bad reviews about AED but I recently swapped from lund to shaun (aed) and he worked wonders on my tune. Im running the gt350 setup w/ headers and l&m intake only cams (which were designed by shaun from aed). Although i cant speak numbers wise because i havent been on a dyno, the car is night and day different. I am much happier with his tuning versus lund, no more lag in the power band or idle irregularities or anything. Just my two cents. Strongly vouch for his work, however, his cams on the other hand are not going to put out numbers like comp whatsoever and he will be the first to explain that to you. L&m falsely advertises the performance gain of the cams, shaun told me that directly.

OP
OP

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I usually dont chime in too much but this one i feel strongly about since i just went through this. I read a lot of bad reviews about AED but I recently swapped from lund to shaun (aed) and he worked wonders on my tune. Im running the gt350 setup w/ headers and l&m intake only cams (which were designed by shaun from aed). Although i cant speak numbers wise because i havent been on a dyno, the car is night and day different. I am much happier with his tuning versus lund, no more lag in the power band or idle irregularities or anything. Just my two cents. Strongly vouch for his work, however, his cams on the other hand are not going to put out numbers like comp whatsoever and he will be the first to explain that to you. L&m falsely advertises the performance gain of the cams, shaun told me that directly.
Thanks Smoke. I'll send you a PM.
Sponsored