CG Lock or 4 Point Harness

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] thanks for the pics. I can certainly now tell how it works and I'm eager to try it out. I have a feeling I have a couple of these lying around from the various child car seats we have for our daughter!
Yeah they're basically the same! Go for it. I could feel how much they were going to help for autocross just by driving a bit spirited on the street. You can stay "light hands"...instead of holding onto the wheel firmly to keep yourself situated.
Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Interestingly, my previous daily driver (Mercedes AMG A45) had a feature in race mode where it would automatically lock the seatbelt in tightly for you when it sensed you needed it. I only had it activate once on the street which was a bit of a scary situation but it was fantastic on the track and there was no need for a harness. The Germans are always ahead of the game.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Bumping this thread back up. I am leaning towards a quickfit pro as I have a HANS and would like to make use of it. It says on the schroth website that the harness is designed to be used in stock seats that have passed a seat back strength test..

Is anyone here using this harness with the Premium (not recaro) seats than come in the GT? My question is whether these suits are suitable for this harness. I noticed on the drop down menu there isn't even a designation for the 6G mustang.

https://www.schrothracing.com/products/quickfit#3317

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Bumping this thread back up. I am leaning towards a quickfit pro as I have a HANS and would like to make use of it. It says on the schroth website that the harness is designed to be used in stock seats that have passed a seat back strength test..

Is anyone here using this harness with the Premium (not recaro) seats than come in the GT? My question is whether these suits are suitable for this harness. I noticed on the drop down menu there isn't even a designation for the 6G mustang.

I'm using the QFP on my OEM premium seats. It works fine coming under the head rest but it's not ideal. I'd rather have wider spacing. I have probably 120 track miles on it so far and it has performed flawlessly.

Sponsored

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium

I have a Quickfit pro with premium GT seats bought from HMS in Boston

I would recommend you call HMS Motorsports, the Schroth USA dealer, and discuss the details. I bought one in the store when in the Boston area.

Originally I was looking for a racing seat to go with a harness bar, and they steered me away from that for my needs and suggested my best bet was the Quickfit . They said that if you buy a racing seat and 5/6-point harness, you should have at least a half cage, if not a full one, as the seats and belts are designed to work together with a caged car. The strength of a racing seat is actually less than an OEM seat as they are designed to work in concert with a cage and harness, where a lot more energy/stress of belt loading is transferred to the chassis through the cage. An OEM seat has to have better internal strength and I believe Schroth tests them. The QuickFits were delayed for E9X M3's until these tests were complete and the belts were "certified".

Anyway, I am relaying what I was told in the discussion. I'd call HMS to hear it straight from the mustang's mouth - they are always very helpful, especially when discussing harnesses.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have a Quickfit pro with premium GT seats bought from HMS in Boston

I would recommend you call HMS Motorsports, the Schroth USA dealer, and discuss the details. I bought one in the store when in the Boston area.

Originally I was looking for a racing seat to go with a harness bar, and they steered me away from that for my needs and suggested my best bet was the Quickfit . They said that if you buy a racing seat and 5/6-point harness, you should have at least a half cage, if not a full one, as the seats and belts are designed to work together with a caged car. The strength of a racing seat is actually less than an OEM seat as they are designed to work in concert with a cage and harness, where a lot more energy/stress of belt loading is transferred to the chassis through the cage. An OEM seat has to have better internal strength and I believe Schroth tests them. The QuickFits were delayed for E9X M3's until these tests were complete and the belts were "certified".

Anyway, I am relaying what I was told in the discussion. I'd call HMS to hear it straight from the mustang's mouth - they are always very helpful, especially when discussing harnesses.
This is interesting info. I toss up whether to go the half cage and fixed back seat route. Honestly, that is a safer solution than a quick fit and no cage, but where do you stop? I don't like the thought of removing a seat that has airbags and replacing it for a piece of fiberglass, primarily because my car is also my daily driver. There is also the issue of the quickfit not being recognized by CAMS who are the authority in motorsport here in Australia. Perhaps a half cage with a properly mounted ASM harness on the OEM seats are the way to go for me...

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
I also have a QuickFit, but "non-Pro", so it is not safe to use with a HANS. I believe the difference is the regular QuickFit has a small sacrificially stitched loop of belt on the inboard harness strap that will break when you get in a a collision. This allows it to act like a regular 3 point seat belt.

The stitched area is covered by piece of breakaway plastic.

I love this harness. It clips in for track days and definitely holds you in place very well. I have a premium GT, so no Recaros. I cut up a rubberized fender cover to protect the leather just underneath the headrest from chafing. I also bought it from HMS.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You have 3 good choices for the stock seats from Schroth. The QuickFit, QuickFit Pro, and Rallye-4 ASM. The Rallye 4 ASM is the cheapest.

The QuickFit adds an extra lap belt connection which makes it easier to unthread from seats with two dedicated shoulder belt holes like most race seats and the stock recaros.

The Pro further adds compatibility with a 5th anti-submarine strap.

All 3 have the "ASM" feature, which is a stitched section so its "safe" as a 4 point. All 3 would work fine with the factory seats.

I can't answer about the compatibility of a HANS device with the ASM stitched section though.

I'm currently using a Rallye-4 with the stock Recaros, and so the belts don't stow as nicely away as a QuickFit would, but so far its fine with them tied back with velcro.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I'm planning HANS, QF Pro and stock (base) seats in my GTPP.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You have 3 good choices for the stock seats from Schroth. The QuickFit, QuickFit Pro, and Rallye-4 ASM. The Rallye 4 ASM is the cheapest.

The QuickFit adds an extra lap belt connection which makes it easier to unthread from seats with two dedicated shoulder belt holes like most race seats and the stock recaros.

The Pro further adds compatibility with a 5th anti-submarine strap.

All 3 have the "ASM" feature, which is a stitched section so its "safe" as a 4 point. All 3 would work fine with the factory seats.

I can't answer about the compatibility of a HANS device with the ASM stitched section though.

I'm currently using a Rallye-4 with the stock Recaros, and so the belts don't stow as nicely away as a QuickFit would, but so far its fine with them tied back with velcro.
Are these HPDE legal?

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
So far, BMWCCA, PCA, and COM accept the Schroth Quickfits

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
Do you think this car gets turned back at HPDEs?

Sponsored