Stage 2 Power Pack Installed

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
So, just got Old Blue, my Red GT w/PP- 704 miles. Heard about the power packs, looked at them, saw the Stage 3 requires intake, and it adds the power up high. Liked the Stage 2 specs, so went for it. 725 from Summit, 400 for install at dealer. Yes. i know it's a easy install, but you do that, it voids your warranty. Believe me, waiting the 4 days for a slot at the dealer, I was tempted.

Verdict? Unbelievable. Stock idle now at 600, like it there. Takes off with Force, sounds great! +50ft/lbs at 5100 rpms! a must have, IMHO. Love it. :lol:

xkswa.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? Guess I am not clear on how this improves the sound, especially since the sound tube comes out.

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
different tune, you can hear it. and F that sound Tube!!!

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Congrats on your purchase. $400 for install why do people go to dealers for these installe ouch..

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Congrats on your purchase. $400 for install why do people go to dealers for these installe ouch..
Warranty, most likely. My dealership said they need to install the FRPP for it to stay under warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
think that's bad, one dealer tried to quote me 700! I had to stay and argue, just on principal! ended up telling me he knew it took longer then the 3 1/2 hours they were quoting. Idiots. Did it there for Warranty, plain and simple. 400 bucks, (probably worth 200) or 7400, for a motor. :ford:

And yes you can use a ASE cert mech, but what, is Ford going to argue with a Ford auth Dealer on a Ford Part?. Have a hard time doing it...

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Oh I know the pains I got quoted $525 for mines . Damn near hung up the phone on him. Ended up going with ASE certified and paid $150 for mine but don't want to take away from your purchase so congrats hope you enjoy it.

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
F-ing love this tune. was pulling through 4000 rpms, said, sheesh, got 3200 more if needed, really puts the umph in the low end! Spins great!

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Everyone seems to love the PP2. The want is strong..

For those who have it. how does the car behave with a 3" cat back exhaust as well?

Sponsored
OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Everyone seems to love the PP2. The want is strong..

For those who have it. how does the car behave with a 3" cat back exhaust as well?
Well, a slightly more restrictive exahust helps Torque down low, and the Stage2 definitely delivers down low. Not sure what you would end up with. I would say that a stage 3 might be a better match, as it build power up higher. no to say the stage 2 doesn't help at the higher RPM ranges, it does. check out the graphs at 2:55 and 7:04..they're running a catback in the video.

[ame].

Last edited:

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Well, a slightly more restrictive exahust helps Torque down low, and the Stage2 definitely delivers down low. Not sure what you would end up with. I would say that a stage 3 might be a better match, as it build power up higher. no to say the stage 2 doesn't help at the higher RPM ranges, it does. check out the graphs at 2:55 and 7:04..they're running a catback in the video.

I don't want to do derail this thread, but I thought the back pressure causing a torque loss has long since been busted. It's exhaust gas velocity and scavenging that could cause a loss of low-end torque, not back pressure.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
LOL. My dealership is covering my warranty with a custom tune and Boss manifold because they personally think that since it is a Ford part, then I am good to go. Love my dealer!

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
I don't want to do derail this thread, but I thought the back pressure causes a torque loss have long since been busted. It's exhaust gas velocity and scavenging that could cause a loss of low-end torque, not back pressure.
Don't worry, you didn't derail anything. HERE is your expert! So tell us, what will this guy experience??? Besides a slight loss of torque down low, that is. :shrug:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Glad to hear you like it. I'm tempted to do this and have the dealer install it but talking with the service writer he didn't know what I was talking about lol. I could easily do this myself but want to keep the warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited: