Sponsored

Question about F150's

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Hello,

So I am thinking about getting a F150 for a DD as my Subaru Forester is giving me some trouble now.

- Came across 2 deals on a particular Ford Dealer Website and wanted opinions to see if they are good or decent deals or not. Both are for 2017 models.

The first is a F150 Supercab 2.7 Ecoboost with the STX Package 2WD at around $26K with rebates and incentives before TTL. They had 2 at this price and I think 1 is left. Possibly a Lighting Blue or Race Red. MSRP is around 36K according to the window sticker.

The second deal is a F150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 at around 32K before TTL. Also 2 at this price but 1 left I think. This truck does not have the 8" Sync 3 so that is kind of a bummer. MSRP is around 43K according to the window sticker.

Thanks
Sponsored

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
What is your purpose of needing a truck? In my opinion they are 2 totally different trucks.
The 2.7 is a stout little engine that gets good mpg. It's even better if you put a tune on it. It's an STX which is pretty low on options.
The second one has more options on it. it's 4wd and a lot bigger on the inside with the crew cab. If it has the 5.0 in it, it will be rock solid but there isnt much room for performance improvement. If it has either ecoboost it will get good MPG's and a tune will really wake it up. However gas mileage is going to take a hit due to it being a bigger truck.

My advice would be to get the STX is it's ONLY for a DD. If you are going to use it like a truck the get the XLT.

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to mention that the 4x4 XLT is also the 2.7 V6.

Yea I think the STX would probably be better for me. It's got the cargo space I need when I need it. I do not usually have people sitting in the back, so that would not be a big issue.

No power seats but it does have the 8" Sync Screen and system (no nav but that's ok because it has android auto)

Plus on the XLT, I do not like the center front row seat, I like the center console and 2 seats up front on the STX. Just wish it was a 4x4 but at around 26K, it seems like a good deal. Normally this trim level goes for about 32K...

Still debating if I will go through with this or not though.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
I would try to hold out for a F150 with the 10r80. A night and day difference between the 6 and 10.

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you on that but then I may have to wait some time till a good deal comes along.

Currently there is a 2017 as I stated above for about 26K if all the rebates and incentives go through...I think that seems like a pretty good deal, never seen it that low before...usually this particular trim goes from anywhere around $30K to $32K....but I am still debating...I do wish it would have had 4x4 capability.

Sponsored

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a FX2 2010 5.4L, it came down to a similar debate do I want the leather seats and Navigation or 4x4 with cloth and no sliding rear window. I got the FX2, I use it to tow a 24ft boat, haul yard debris, and other chores has never let me down. So I would go for the 2WD at that price.

Although I wish I had a center seat instead of the console, my dog would love being able to sit/lay in the middle.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What?! $43K and no 8' screen? $36K for a 2.7 without 4x4? This is insane pricing...

I paid $34K for a $46K MSRP 2014 Silverado Z71 4x4 brand new back in 2014 with every option except a center console (on purpose wanted the bench seat setup) with the extended cab (which is plenty big). These truck prices these days, especially Ford's, need to get real...

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have a 2015 xlt 2.7 f150. For what it's worth unless u r getting it for a work truck the xlt with the luxury package (502a I believe) should be a minimum requirement. Also the 2.7 is a great engine. I live in Phoenix so no need for 4x4, that is ur call. If it's ur daily u should have some fun extras, trust me don't settle for less than an xlt 502, it's basically a lariat without leather and a few doodads lol. Oh and an stx is an xl, basically a work truck with a sport appearance package. Not worth it imo.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The STX is a nice package. It's a dressed up base (XL) model with sync 3, bucket seats, 20" wheels, and body color bumpers/trim. Personally 4x4 is a must have for me so I'd base my decision on that, but you may not care. I'd also opt for the 3.5 EB or 5.0.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
If your willing to drive to vegas pm me, I will hook you up big on a truck. Im a salesman at Gaudin Ford.
Sponsored