Sponsored

Wheels on 2017 base GT vs PP GT

agolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Are the 19" wheels on both GTs the same size and offset? Looking for a set of cheap rims that I can use with winter tires.

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the stock 19" wheels are 8.5" in diameter. The PP wheels are a different width (9" wide fronts, and 9.5" wide rears), and the offsets are changed to 'fit' right with those different widths. I think the Ecoboost PP wheels are 9" wide all round and might be a good choice.

The staggered sizes on the GT PP wheels also mean they fit best where they were designed to go, putting a front on the rear and the offsets won't be quite right. Make rotating the tires to extend their life a bit harder.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The base wheels on a GT are 18x8 with 235/50 tires, you need to get an optional tire and wheel package to get larger rims

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
They are different sizing.

GTPP is

19x9
19x9.5
255/40/19 & 275/40/19

GT fitment is

18x8 sizing like DGC333 said

OP
OP

agolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ok, so I live in Mid Atlantic (Maryland) area and this is my daily driver. Would you guys recommend I go with snow/winter tires or all season tires for winter driving? ...and if so, what size will fit on my GTPP rims?

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I can help with a suggestion

Ok, so I live in Mid Atlantic (Maryland) area and this is my daily driver. Would you guys recommend I go with snow/winter tires or all season tires for winter driving? ...and if so, what size will fit on my GTPP rims?
Nothing beats snow tires but how much do you really think you will drive in one those Northeast blizzards.

After 6 to 8 inches it's risky.

I recommended a good set of used tires and rims for winter..all seasons are a plus...check out these in the classifieds link below

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88408

SgtRauksauff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 N6/Black Accent Base GT
If they will fit over the calipers, I would try to get a wheel as small a diameter as possible, with taller sidewall to match the stock diameter. cheaper wheels, cheaper snow tires, and the added cushion of the sidewall will allow it to flex more, which is good on slippery surfaces.

Abrupt changes in traction are the primary cause of losing control, and a tire that flexes more will have that extra bit of a buffer, especially if suspension has been modified to be more responsive on dry surfaces.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Get some of the 19x8.5" wheels from AM or something, run performance snow tires, rather than studless ice/snow tires. I'd go for 245/45R19. Or, run 255/40R19 all around on your PP rims if you're planning on getting aftermarket wheels for summer.

SgtRauksauff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 N6/Black Accent Base GT
also, the wheels on the Black Accent Package (which I happen to have) are 19x8.5 front and rear... so someone with that package that's upgrading (I am not) might be willing to sell/trade...
Sponsored