Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There's going to be prequel spin-offs after the end of the series.
This is what I thought as well.

Not the same genre at all, but Better Call Saul has had such good luck, I was thinking GoT should do the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Apparently there are 5 scripts being written and they are choosing one or more of them. They have already confirmed that it will not be what you would really want (Robert's Rebellion) as most of the details of that have already been explored. There are many options, but after reading the history on it, many of the details have been out there already so probably not too many surprises. I hope they do it, but I hope they do it right.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've been an avid fan since the books and S1E1. It's only of the only TV shows that I actually make a concentrated effort to watch. It's going to be so disappointing when this series is done, even though they're said to be doing spin-offs. I've read a lot of the leaked scripts, and so far, they've been pretty accurate. If the remaining scripts are as accurate, we're in for a ride with the remaining episodes! :headbang:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've been an avid fan since the books and S1E1. It's only of the only TV shows that I actually make a concentrated effort to watch. It's going to be so disappointing when this series is done, even though they're said to be doing spin-offs. I've read a lot of the leaked scripts, and so far, they've been pretty accurate. If the remaining scripts are as accurate, we're in for a ride with the remaining episodes! :headbang:

I have been avoiding the leaked info. I don't want to know what is going on until I see the actual episodes.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have to be one of like maybe 10 people on the planet that hasn't seen any of it...

:lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
You and me both :thumbsup:
There seem to be only two types of Game of Thrones watchers. Those that have not seen it, and those that are beyond help in their obsession with it. :D

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, this episode was insane

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just off of the preview, that's one is going to be hardcore ship battles with a siege, and then the meeting of the Queens.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Just off of the preview, that's one is going to be hardcore ship battles with a siege, and then the meeting of the Queens.
not sure about the battle part, Daenerys does not have an armada anymore. It seem more that for the meeting of the Queens, both sides are positioning their "power" to sway any attempts for either side to do something stupid. Knowing this show, they will meet, see each other's side, band together to defeat the Night King and all be friends in the end. :lol:

I have not read any of the leaked info (and do not intend to), but my guess is that Cersie pulls some sort of stunt to bait Daenerys but they do not do full battle (possible Clegane Bowl between the Mountain and Hound where both die?). This act will sway Jaime's opinion of Cersie, and cause him to kill Cersie, but that will not happen until Season 8 sometime. Somehow it will be disclosed to Jon his true parantage, with either Bran disclosing this or Sam (or both owning one piece of the puzzle, Bran that Lyanna is Jon's Mom and Sam that Lyanna and Rheagar were really married). Something will happen in Winterfell that will cause Arya to realize she is being played (Bran disclosing this?) and the casualty will be Littlefinger. I think that the end of the season will be the Night King destroying Eastwatch and breaking through the wall (now that Bran has passed the wall after being touched by the Night King, the spells that prevent his passage have been broken).

All conjecture on my part, but can't wait to see what happens next week. Then the long winter depression sets in before season 8 in... 2019??? :rant:

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
not sure about the battle part, Daenerys does not have an armada anymore. It seem more that for the meeting of the Queens, both sides are positioning their "power" to sway any attempts for either side to do something stupid. Knowing this show, they will meet, see each other's side, band together to defeat the Night King and all be friends in the end. :lol:

I have not read any of the leaked info (and do not intend to), but my guess is that Cersie pulls some sort of stunt to bait Daenerys but they do not do full battle (possible Clegane Bowl between the Mountain and Hound where both die?). This act will sway Jaime's opinion of Cersie, and cause him to kill Cersie, but that will not happen until Season 8 sometime. Somehow it will be disclosed to Jon his true parantage, with either Bran disclosing this or Sam (or both owning one piece of the puzzle, Bran that Lyanna is Jon's Mom and Sam that Lyanna and Rheagar were really married). Something will happen in Winterfell that will cause Arya to realize she is being played (Bran disclosing this?) and the casualty will be Littlefinger. I think that the end of the season will be the Night King destroying Eastwatch and breaking through the wall (now that Bran has passed the wall after being touched by the Night King, the spells that prevent his passage have been broken).

All conjecture on my part, but can't wait to see what happens next week. Then the long winter depression sets in before season 8 in... 2019??? :rant:
Wow!

I haven't given it that much thought but I'd argue in the End, the Night King destroys everything...OR Jon & Dany (even though they're basically cousins) live happily ever after.

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Alright, so grading myself here (Warning: spoilers from the final episode of the season, so if you have not seen it then look away):

my guess is that Cersie pulls some sort of stunt to bait Daenerys but they do not do full battle (possible Clegane Bowl between the Mountain and Hound where both die?). This did not directly happen, she is pulling something but more in secret. The whole Dragon Pit sequence happened differently than I expected. Cersie's look when the Wight came at her was genuine, though she was obviously self serving with her response. I half expected her to kill Tyrion when he was half asking her to. Euron pulling out was a bit surprising, not sure how they pre-planned that one. Jon was right to keep his honor, though his Ned-like qualities may eventually be his demise.

This act will sway Jaime's opinion of Cersie, and cause him to kill Cersie, but that will not happen until Season 8 sometime. This did happen, though not the killing part (yet). I half expected her to kill him when she nodded to the Mountain, and am surprised she let him walk away with all that he knows. Jaime's story next season should be very important to the overall story.

Somehow it will be disclosed to Jon his true parentage, with either Bran disclosing this or Sam (or both owning one piece of the puzzle, Bran that Lyanna is Jon's Mom and Sam that Lyanna and Rheagar were really married). This was very clearly exposed and I liked the way it was overlayed on the past and the present. Jon and Daenerys being together would be OK as they are Targaryans and they did that all of the time (though this may not work with Jon's honor).

Something will happen in Winterfell that will cause Arya to realize she is being played (Bran disclosing this?) and the casualty will be Littlefinger. This did happen, and I thought it was fitting. Some on the internet have complained that his end was anti-climactic, but I thought it was fitting. Underneath his scheming persona he was actually quite weak. Without the cloak of his lies, he was exposed as a frightened man. Through the course of the show his scheming caught up with him and he was eventually left with essentially no protection.

I think that the end of the season will be the Night King destroying Eastwatch and breaking through the wall (now that Bran has passed the wall after being touched by the Night King, the spells that prevent his passage have been broken) They kind of ignored the magic protection thing, so will see if they mention it next year, but the Wight dragon taking down the wall was a cool sequence. Not really clear if anyone we know about died in that collapse, or another set of stand-ins (the show is becoming a bit like the Walking Dead in that regard "Oh hey, let's bring along StandIn#3 who we will pretend has been here all along. Oh no, poor StandIn#3, he has died! Hope his family will get through this!") but this sets up the final season to be a wild affair!

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I really liked how they dealt with Littlefinger. Totally fitting as you said, imo. I did not like the dragon blowing up the wall thing at all; seemed cheese to me, but w/e, it's all entertaining. :D
Sponsored