Game of Thrones

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Any Game of Thrones fans here? Have been watching this season and, in my opinion, it has been fantastic. There has been a good balance of the dialog that made the show so great in the first 2-3 seasons, humor, and crazy, unpredictable situations and action. Can't wait to see the show finish out next season and see how it all ends, but will be sorry to see it go at the same time.

I have gotten a number of friends and co-workers hooked on this show, and read speculation but try hard to stay away from spoilers, as I know some of the scripts have leaked and such. Anyone else a fan and want to discuss?
Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Isn't this the last season? I'm not a regular watcher but try to catch it when I can, thought I read this is the last season.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
This season and 2018 season are all one season being shown in 2 years.

I like finally seeing the Dragons in full affect.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Halfway through season 2.
It's a good show, but there are some parts in it that slow as molasses. lol
I guess it picks up as the seasons go on.

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
This season and 2018 season are all one season being shown in 2 years.

I like finally seeing the Dragons in full affect.
Yeah, then end of "spoils of war" was pretty wild! Great job in the editing room. The next episode should be pretty epic as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
There are so many families and stories to follow it is crazy. Now that things are getting later in the shows timeline, more and more of those seemingly slow conversations come back as very relevant. RR Martin does this in the books too, everything has its purpose. :)

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i would highly recommend staying away from this thread until caught up, the spoiler risk is too great

Luisiv32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Winter is coming! So I really need to swap out my summer tires for some all seasons lol

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This season has been awesome! Most action packed of all seasons. I'm upset there's only 2 left until we have to wait another year.
Only thing I'm a little confused on is how 6 guys are going out past the wall to get a white walker, pretty dumb idea

Sponsored
OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
This season has been awesome! Most action packed of all seasons. I'm upset there's only 2 left until we have to wait another year.
Only thing I'm a little confused on is how 6 guys are going out past the wall to get a white walker, pretty dumb idea
Looked like there were potentially more than 6 (in the shot where they were walking through there were more, not sure if those stayed behind or they will be easy walker bait). More than likely not all of them will come back. Not clear if they have some of the newly made weapons either, foolish if they do not. The tension in the last scene was fun, a lot of callbacks and humor as well!

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
i would highly recommend staying away from this thread until caught up, the spoiler risk is too great
Very true, but come back and post as you learn new things. Some amazing things happen all along, but I would not dare ruin it for you on purpose. Half the fun is the unpredictability, the other half is how amazingly it all rolls out! :) Don't really understand those that read all of the leaked materials before hand, myself. I love being surprised with how it all happens. The wife and I stayed as far away from the "rumors" as possible this year, after having half the things leaked and seeing them last two years. It has definitely made it that much better!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Loving this season so far... I just hope that as we to get to the end of the series that the writers aren't just going to do fan service in tying up all the multiple plots. Seems to me like a lot of predictions are coming true, which will start to make for a very predictable end to the series.

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Loving this season so far... I just hope that as we to get to the end of the series that the writers aren't just going to do fan service in tying up all the multiple plots. Seems to me like a lot of predictions are coming true, which will start to make for a very predictable end to the series.
Understand what you are saying, but when something is this popular, eventually all possible outcomes are explored by someone. My guess is they knew what they were going to do all along and there are very few "fan service" things going on, even though it appears as fan service because someone guessed it right and others got on board. There are a few things that they seem to have decided as they went along, such as Lyanna Mormont returning this season because she was so popular (fantastic little actress for that role) and the "still rowing" comment (which I loved). But my basic thought is that anything they do from here on out could be called fan service, just because of the sheer number of theories out there.

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
There's going to be prequel spin-offs after the end of the series.
Sponsored