OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Wheels are ceramic-coated, new TPMS installed, lugs are here, and tomorrow I get the tires mounted and balanced. Fitment photos won't be long now! :headbang:

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wheels are ceramic-coated, new TPMS installed, lugs are here, and tomorrow I get the tires mounted and balanced. Fitment photos won't be long now! :headbang:

Trying to learn here. Is Ceramic Coating better them the painted clear coat? If so why? I'm going to be getting new wheels :-)

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Ceramic coating is just fancy wax. You need paint/powder first, then you protect it with a coating.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Ok thanks do most of these wheel companies use clear paint for the clear coat or Powder coating?
It's a mix - you have to ask. MRR uses powder, mostly, but I think they do paint some of them. The finish I have here is translucent powder over the brushed metal.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Weight of the 19X10" wheel (based on the bathroom scale method): ~23 lbs!

Some of the delta from the published figure is error in the cheap scale, but some of it can also be attributed to the custom-shaved backpads I requested, customizing the offsets to et38.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ok thanks do most of these wheel companies use clear paint for the clear coat or Powder coating?
It's a mix - you have to ask. MRR uses powder, mostly, but I think they do paint some of them. The finish I have here is translucent powder over the brushed metal.
You're right, in my case they were painted in Crystal Grey. I should've waited for a brushed finish but I was in a rush to get them on. My last set was Brushed Titanium and it's :love:
20170825_142715s.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looking forward to pics, waiting on some brushed and tinted action myself. ;)

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Gotta drop her off for suspension warranty work tomorrow night... I guess my mounted pics are gonna be delayed at least a few more days, because there's no way I'm putting these wheels at risk for scratches. :frusty:
Sponsored