Sponsored

Porting heads

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
That's not true I'm afraid. CAD/CAM/CNC engineer speaking...
Ill agree CNC is good and software has come along ways but a good competent person doing the heads should be able to use a flow bemch and meter the heads accordingly aswell.

CNC less work than hand obviously too no disputing that either.
Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I am choosing to wait to have heads done when the motor gets built. I will go the CNC route. If you do it now, It will get real interesting... Do it so I can see your results! lol

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Hahaha!! I'm not sure if it's in the budget right now. I'll call FLP tmrw and talk to them about it a little. It may be something I do later maybe next year or something depending on the dollars. I'm really wanting some weld wheels right now but porting the heads while I have it up there would be nice. Any idea on cost associated?

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I am choosing to wait to have heads done when the motor gets built. I will go the CNC route. If you do it now, It will get real interesting... Do it so I can see your results! lol
Id send them to the dude i linked threads to on the 1st page.

It would cost less than say JPC or other vendors and he'd provide flow nunbers and all.

Hes out of Texas and has done some heads for Boostworks too.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Hahaha!! I'm not sure if it's in the budget right now. I'll call FLP tmrw and talk to them about it a little. It may be something I do later maybe next year or something depending on the dollars. I'm really wanting some weld wheels right now but porting the heads while I have it up there would be nice. Any idea on cost associated?
No clue on cost. BES up here does some amazing engine work, they built my last one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Oh nice! Good to know. This is my first car I've ever "built" so I don't know crap from apple butter. But I'm learning. It's a whole lot different than building sport bikes. I got out of the road racing scene a couple years ago. And I've wanted a mustang for 15 years but couldn't pull it off with a shop full of bikes. And racing if expensive, I don't miss it a bit

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Me 2! Probably a dumb question here, but when you port and polish factory heads can you retain the factory valve train or no?

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Let us know how we can help, MMR offers 4 levels of head porting to meet most performance goals. All of our head porting stages include new upgraded seals and competition valve job (along with porting of course). MMR Ported cylinder heads can be found on the Current Points leader and record holder in NMRA Coyote Modified, NMRA Renegade and also on our own, world record holding, 3000HP Coyote Powered Pro Mod.

Give us a call and we can go over your goals today!

MMR
805 383 4130

649901A_.jpg

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Let us know how we can help, MMR offers 4 levels of head porting to meet most performance goals. All of our head porting stages include new upgraded seals and competition valve job (along with porting of course). MMR Ported cylinder heads can be found on the Current Points leader and record holder in NMRA Coyote Modified, NMRA Renegade and also on our own, world record holding, 3000HP Coyote Powered Pro Mod.

Give us a call and we can go over your goals today!

MMR
805 383 4130

649901A_.jpg

How about some flow numbers?

Blows my mind its so hard to get flow numbers and cam "custom grind" specs from vendors.

People building an engine dont want to guess..........

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
How about some flow numbers?

Blows my mind its so hard to get flow numbers and cam "custom grind" specs from vendors.

People building an engine dont want to guess..........
Amen.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I would send them to AFR (air flow reasearch) in socal...they are notorious for producing some badass ported factory heads that flow extremely well
I didn't realize they ported OEM heads. I have owned a set of their ported heads for one of my vettes... very awesome numbers.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I can't find much info at all on the forum on porting heads with a NA build. I dropped my car off this morning at Finishline Performance for a NA build including comp stage 3 cams,cobra jet,and a bunch of other parts. I got to thinking on my ride home if porting heads would be a good thing to go ahead and do now or if that may be something for the future. Depending on the overall cost and turnaround time it may be something for later on down the road. I'm wondering if anybody's ported their stock heads or what kind of money I'm looking at. All input is greatly appreciated!
Finishline Performance in Ohio?