Sponsored

Oil pump swap - how long does it take?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Boundary OPG is 200.00 which is a hell of a deal and is stronger then MMR gears. TSS is the next step up in OPG. I don't know why you wouldn't consider getting a CTG as well. Like others said the stock OPG for the Voodoo is the same. More vibration from the flatplane crank on the Voodoo motor, it's not up too the task of long duration for high RPM use. Do it right the first time unless you got the cash for a rebuild when you destroy the motor.
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks. The specs on that say 8 quart capacity and then lower in the description it says extra capacity: holds 2 more quarts than stock.

Either they labeled wrong or they are comparing it to some other earlier model Mustang not the S550s which already hold 8 quarts in the stock pan.
I can tell you my car holds just over 9qts of oil, 9 would be fine but to hit the top of the dip stick its like 9.2 qts.

Dave

OP
OP
spiller

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Thanks. The specs on that say 8 quart capacity and then lower in the description it says extra capacity: holds 2 more quarts than stock.

Either they labeled wrong or they are comparing it to some other earlier model Mustang not the S550s which already hold 8 quarts in the stock pan.
As far as I know, the pan doesn't take into account the oil in the filter and oil cooler etc.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Boundary OPG is 200.00 which is a hell of a deal and is stronger then MMR gears. TSS is the next step up in OPG. I don't know why you wouldn't consider getting a CTG as well. Like others said the stock OPG for the Voodoo is the same. More vibration from the flatplane crank on the Voodoo motor, it's not up too the task of long duration for high RPM use. Do it right the first time unless you got the cash for a rebuild when you destroy the motor.
Noting to rebuild if the OPG breaks - it would be total.

I swapped OPG and CS even tho it was not recommended(by some). I'm revving mine up to 8250 on a daily basis.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Spiller,
My opinion and understanding from Ford engineer is that RPM and/or FI can exceed the stock crank damper capabilities. Its the peak torsional shock loads that break stuff. If tracking and bouncing near rev limiter, get an ATI, TG and OPG.
I have done the GT350 pump housing and swapped in TSS OPG w GT350 pan. The GT350 pump housing looks like it would flow more than the stock housing. The TSS OPG are the same internal gears for both GT and GT350. The difference is the housing and pickup specific to the GT350 pan.
I have the helm manual and followed it for doing this in vehicle. I made my own support frame and used ranch supply grade lifting eyes in a 2x12 layed across the bay to raise motor off mounts. I then backed up K member w more stands and chains(chained front back to body to limit drop) and dropped it part way to get more access to pan. Backed up a screw jack w plywood wood block under bell housing.
Will take you a day to set up first time or 1.5 hr second time. Its not that difficult, just need to double check wtf you are doing as you will be underneath this suspended setup working.
I think I posted pics somewhere, holler if cant find.

I did get occasional intermittent oil pressure (light would flicker) loss under hard breaking when coming down out of the super speedway banking at TWS into turn 1. The engine was not loaded, but coming down from 158 exiting banking w upset chassis and decreasing radius ahead you typically dont want any distractions. Adding excess oil risks whipping foam which can be catastrophic, so I went 10 qt GT350. This was on 305 square MPSS. I never ran NT01 at TWS for this reason, but might next time.

Tracking a Whipple at 10psi (lol), TSS TG/OPG, ATI damper
Sponsored