Sponsored

Sai Li System Help

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
dumb question, have you checked your fuel? after a KAM reset, I always watch trims and drive well over a couple miles before I start going WOT. If I have a lazy o2 or something else going on either with trims, vacuum leak, or anything else for that matter I want to observe the car with known fuel to see if anything I don't expect manifests itself in the data before I start going wide open. I was always told it could take up to 50 miles to build full long term trims. I cannot confirm if that is correct. I can tell you with the gt350 I feel the car gets better when I let it "learn" before I romp the shit out of it.
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I would think going WOT after just a few miles you are at the mercy of how fast your o2 will react with the base map. With e85 quality is all over the place, It is not uncommon for my long term trims to change slightly tank per tank. Its one reason I quit topping off so much. too frequent ALC relearns and some stations still running e70 well into summer.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
No dumb questions looking for any help I can get, haha. Yeah the ethanol in there is right at E85, tested before I put it in. Probably only 10 miles on the tune when I did the log but Lund did confirm again that LTFTs are not active on WOT. The computer just retains whatever value it was at for the entire run when you go WOT. I'm pulling the fuses 1 by 1 on the pumps tonight and then starting with only one pump plugged in. I plan to test the voltage of each as well, cut the looming and check the wiring that they did. Last resort Im pulling the damn pumps/hat out and sending to Sai to check. I'm at a point here that nothing is leaking, the trims are fine on 93 (indicating that it is not a vac leak at all which would show up there as well). Lund confirmed 1 pump would be enough for 93 and that would explain a lot here.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Interesting, must admit I don't go wot very much but the nguage reflects LTFT changes with load and RPM. Of course I have a different LUND tune and could either not have enough foot in it, or they are ignored but reported. You have to be getting closer.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Seriously ready to throw my hands up with this thing. Check out this log.

Pull in 3rd looked mostly ok (slight misfire at 7300? Plugs are Brisk gapped at .030 with 3.5k mi on them).

3rd to 4th gear shift, goes lean and hits +8 degrees of knock on E85!

What would you guys recommend I do?

http://www.datazap.me/u/venumous/50...-14-16-17-18-20&trim=0&tmin=68.54&tmax=145.58
What kinda clutch do you have? The first knock event happened as you let out the clutch and it engaged. you can see the RPM drop from it. The rest came right after as you pressed the accelerator down. From the why the RPMs look, I would guess you may have had a little clutch slip causing some false knock.
Clutch knock.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
No dumb questions looking for any help I can get, haha. Yeah the ethanol in there is right at E85, tested before I put it in. Probably only 10 miles on the tune when I did the log but Lund did confirm again that LTFTs are not active on WOT. The computer just retains whatever value it was at for the entire run when you go WOT. I'm pulling the fuses 1 by 1 on the pumps tonight and then starting with only one pump plugged in. I plan to test the voltage of each as well, cut the looming and check the wiring that they did. Last resort Im pulling the damn pumps/hat out and sending to Sai to check. I'm at a point here that nothing is leaking, the trims are fine on 93 (indicating that it is not a vac leak at all which would show up there as well). Lund confirmed 1 pump would be enough for 93 and that would explain a lot here.
I have a question for you .. I have the Sai Li fuel system just like yours , Sai Li installed it for me before he dyno tuned it ... The question is can you give me your fuel pressure number with just the pumps on but engine not running , then give me your fuel pressure numbers with the car running at idle ..?

Mine also seems to run much better after a few miles (PCM learning maybe ? ) even with a few miles like a 100 or so my car will pick up ET and MPH as I make more passes .. This seems to happen every time I switch from my 93 tune to my E85 tune .. Also seems to happen when I switch back to 93 .. Seems the system needs time to adjust to the new fuel and tune .. ?

Thanks..... Lee

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Side bar: Did you guys set wire sai li kit to prime like stock or continuously?

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a question for you .. I have the Sai Li fuel system just like yours , Sai Li installed it for me before he dyno tuned it ... The question is can you give me your fuel pressure number with just the pumps on but engine not running , then give me your fuel pressure numbers with the car running at idle ..?

Mine also seems to run much better after a few miles (PCM learning maybe ? ) even with a few miles like a 100 or so my car will pick up ET and MPH as I make more passes .. This seems to happen every time I switch from my 93 tune to my E85 tune .. Also seems to happen when I switch back to 93 .. Seems the system needs time to adjust to the new fuel and tune .. ?

Thanks..... Lee
I think your fuel pressure is going to vary quite a bit between driving it. I believe it has something to do with using the stock FPDM. Just set the pressure reg to 55 psi.

As long as pressure doesn't drop more than 5-10 psi at WOT I wouldn't worry. At least that's what Lund told me

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Haha my clurch is already not pumped about the newfound e85 power just from logging.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
What kinda clutch do you have? The first knock event happened as you let out the clutch and it engaged. you can see the RPM drop from it. The rest came right after as you pressed the accelerator down. From the why the RPMs look, I would guess you may have had a little clutch slip causing some false knock.
Yeah stock clutch, no surprises there.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Side bar: Did you guys set wire sai li kit to prime like stock or continuously?
Sai set mine to run all the time , I don't care for that myself ... If I take it in to the dealer for the door latch recall what happens if the service writer or some one else taps the brake after the car is off .. The pump will run and either burn up the pumps or kill the battery.. I'm very careful so I know if I trip the pumps by touching the brake peddle and I know to cycle the start button and tune them off ... I'm going to wire it back to the stock wire that is on the timer so this will not happen .. In case you guys didn't know this you can make the pump start up run time longer in the tune ..I may have Sai make mine a bit longer because the E85 tune takes a little longer to start at times ..
Sponsored