Sponsored

Cobra jet intake manfold

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Graphic. Hopefully it's your own. Fact remains their manifold is top dog unless you have Hogan or someone else make something for double the cost. I've never heard of a single manifold failure or billet gear failure or timing component. :shrug:

What data can you show for the MMR manifold. I've never seen any solid comparison data for that intake.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
What data can you show for the MMR manifold. I've never seen any solid comparison data for that intake.
Dustin at CPR has used It, JPC, Terry at beefcake, I've reached out to multiple owners I've hunted down owners that have switched from boss or CJ to it. No same day back to back comparisons though. It's the shortest runner manifold we have, it's going to make more power. Everyone I've at least reached out too has reported decent gains over CJ.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I plan to order one with their both billet gears and ati damper this black Friday or Christmas. My results will be of little use to you NA guys. Going to be used with an 84mm single turbo

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is one hell of a pricey intake. I would wager that NA it won't be any better than a cheaper manifold, at 1/3 the price. It might hold up to high boost applications better, but I would put that at above 25 psi. Then you are talking crazy built motor. Even the gains of the CJ over the Boss when tuned properly are less than 10hp, NA.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
That is one hell of a pricey intake. I would wager that NA it won't be any better than a cheaper manifold, at 1/3 the price. It might hold up to high boost applications better, but I would put that at above 25 psi. Then you are talking crazy built motor. Even the gains of the CJ over the Boss when tuned properly are less than 10hp, NA.
It's tuned for 8000 peak rpm power. The results I've heard from some NA guys have been 10-15. When you factor in you don't need the a pricey CJ type throttle body or their intake its not terribly far off unless you're comparing new mmr price vs used CJ. It also requires no engine mounts or notching which can add to the cost if you didn't lower the engine.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but you can get the BOSS mani. for less than $550, or the Sniper for less than $650. The MMR unit looks a whole lot like the Sniper, but with a little more box volume. That doesn't always equate to more power though in NA form. Too much volume in a "runners in a box" setup can cause turbulence. It has to be very balanced and usually taper towards the rear like the sniper does. It is hard to say if the MMR intake does this, as there is next to no images or data on it. I like to make educated decisions, but MMR is playing this thing too close to the vest, for anyone to invest.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
True, but you can get the BOSS mani. for less than $550, or the Sniper for less than $650. The MMR unit looks a whole lot like the Sniper, but with a little more box volume. That doesn't always equate to more power though in NA form. Too much volume in a "runners in a box" setup can cause turbulence. It has to be very balanced and usually taper towards the rear like the sniper does. It is hard to say if the MMR intake does this, as there is next to no images or data on it. I like to make educated decisions, but MMR is playing this thing too close to the vest, for anyone to invest.
As I've said NA guy's have seen 10-15whp gains. If you doubt mmr call them like I have. Everyone that's used it had been happy that I've spoke with.

I do like the sniper offerings though

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, But I am not going to go by what the maker of a product says about their product. No offense meant, but I like independent testing. And there just isn't any.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Sorry, But I am not going to go by what the maker of a product says about their product. No offense meant, but I like independent testing. And there just isn't any.
I meant for expect specs. I've spoke with people that use or have used it. Gains were made even over the CJ by a nice margin. Not sure why a second or third party vendor needs to spend money to do back to back testing when you can reach out to owners. :shrug: there is info out there it's just not to your standard.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It's also not like the gt350 guys have any options other then this that will fit that's comparable to the CJ... so like I said unless they want to spend double the MMR price for custom this is their best option. Im not sure whats up for debate here. We're talking gt350 not GT. If you don't want it for your GT, that's cool, you and I have more options, gt350 is limited.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant for expect specs. I've spoke with people that use or have used it. Gains were made even over the CJ by a nice margin. Not sure why a second or third party vendor needs to spend money to do back to back testing when you can reach out to owners. :shrug: there is info out there it's just not to your standard.
I can't find info from any unaffiliated owners of it that substantiate anything. I've looked. It just isn't there. Just because it is available for the GT350 guys as an option because they won't have to modify or change there hood does not equate to it being a worthwhile mod for the money.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I can't find info from any unaffiliated owners of it that substantiate anything. I've looked. It just isn't there. Just because it is available for the GT350 guys as an option because they won't have to modify or change there hood does not equate to it being a worthwhile mod for the money.
Have you reached out to owners that have switched from CJ? Some of them have shared dynos via PM with me. Like I said, I've gotten answers. It's better than staying on the stock manifolds or paying double for a custom. Worth is subjective. :shrug:

I'll most likely be going with it unless I decide to use the Sniper race version.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have to know who they are to reach out to them. Do you have a list?
Sponsored