700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So I have had Roush Axelbacks on my car for quite some time, with a Lethal H pipe. I installed Stainless Works off-road headers quite some time ago and it really killed the sound of the exhaust. I had to install resonators to quiet it down, since it was overbearing, but I still wasn't quite happy with the tone of the exhaust. I searched for months trying to figure out what exhaust to put on and then I stumbled upon AWE.

First off their customer service is top notch. Josh has always quickly responded when I had questions and answered every question I had. I ended up choosing their 3" catback system with Black Diamond Tips. Here is the exhaust when I received it.

36222161615_153a2ef934_b.jpg

As you can see it comes with resonators built in and the tips are absolutely gorgeous.

36056736652_cb04f6855a_b.jpg

35416655293_a7003704b0_b.jpg

So on to the installation. The installation was seamless. Everything bolts right up with zero modification. The H pipe drops down to factory connection, but....I wanted to do something slightly different. I removed the factory connection from my headers and removed the factory connection on the H pipe and welded in about 2" of stainless steel 3" pipe to make it a true 3" exhaust and get the most out of my system. Here's some pics of it installed.

35832508070_04a07fa428_b.jpg

35832507750_57471d715d_b.jpg

35419845043_eec65295a9_b.jpg

Here is a video of the exhaust from inside the vehicle. It has a nice deep rumble to it and is much quieter upon startup than my Roush was. Absolutely zero drone on the highway cruising at 80. All in all the exhaust is a home run and I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a catback that is quality.

[ame]
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That's the first system I've seen with no crossover (H or X) between both exhaust banks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's the first system I've seen with no crossover (H or X) between both exhaust banks.
It's an H-pipe. Would sound pretty awful without a crossover.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yep, has a crossover h, sounds great and muscular

fyi, guys we have these in stock, ready to ship! polished and black tip!!

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Best exhaust I ever owned when it comes to fit, finish and sound.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Looks and sounds good. What's the story on the blow pop...?

AzHadeNuf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP MAGNETIC
Mine from Beefcake got shipped with a Blowpop too.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Looks and sounds good. What's the story on the blow pop...?
So it's basically just something they do and include with each kit. Kind of a way to get people talking I guess and keep things fun and interesting. So far I've driven about 150 miles with the exhaust and it just keeps getting better and better. Cutting off the factory connection was the best thing I did as well. I can definitely feel a difference with how the car shifts and there is no back pressure when I am downshifting at low speeds, just really smooth and clean sounding.

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
thank you for this, ive been waiting to hear what the touring with catless longtubes sounds like for a while, i have the track with catless longtubes and while it doesnt bother me, my girlfriend never wants to take my car because the drone is really bad, so ive been thinking about getting the touring rear section but i was scared that it would quiet the exterior noise down too much, the track is so loud and sounds soooo good, do you have and clips from the outside?

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
thank you for this, ive been waiting to hear what the touring with catless longtubes sounds like for a while, i have the track with catless longtubes and while it doesnt bother me, my girlfriend never wants to take my car because the drone is really bad, so ive been thinking about getting the touring rear section but i was scared that it would quiet the exterior noise down too much, the track is so loud and sounds soooo good, do you have and clips from the outside?
Not yet but I'll be trying to get some later in the week with my GoPro. I went from Roush, which is pretty similar to the track and it's worth it. Cold starts alone sound crisper. The tone is still loud, but deeper and the no drone aspect is going to make your gf happy. My wife told me she feels like we can have a conversation in the car again lol Should be a fairly simple swap of the Axelback portion since the rest is the same.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Love mine so far...curious though, I like your tips better than mine...difference? Mine has the AWE in gold, I would have preferred it looking like yours...but oh my, the sound is awesome and getting better with age.

fabianvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 5.0
Love mine so far...curious though, I like your tips better than mine...difference? Mine has the AWE in gold, I would have preferred it looking like yours...but oh my, the sound is awesome and getting better with age.

Where in CFL are you? Dr Phillips here

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Leesburg/Wildwood/The Villages area

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not yet but I'll be trying to get some later in the week with my GoPro. I went from Roush, which is pretty similar to the track and it's worth it. Cold starts alone sound crisper. The tone is still loud, but deeper and the no drone aspect is going to make your gf happy. My wife told me she feels like we can have a conversation in the car again lol Should be a fairly simple swap of the Axelback portion since the rest is the same.
yeah i came from a roush setup as well except i had an x instead of the h, but the track cold starts are still ALOT quieter than roush lmao, anything was better than the nasty sounding roush cold start haha. yeah idc about the drone but have to make the girl happy i suppose :hail: