NY DMV having problems?!

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
So, have had the car for exactly 46 days now. I know this, because my temporary NY registration was valid for 45 days. Which means it expired last night (Sunday).

Called the DMV this morning around 9am - 26 minute wait - would you like to call you back? Yes, please.

Never got the call.

Called again around 12pm - didn't even offer to return the call and hung up on me - so many calls going into the DMV, you can't get through.

Called the dealer to make sure they event sent it in - she's going to the local DMV for a few others tomorrow and should let me know tomorrow afternoon what she finds out.

I've never waited more then what, 7 days? 10 days? for a registration.

Login to the DMV website, which is a ridiculous process in it's own - Mustang doesn't show up. Oh yeah, it's not actually my car, it's the wife.

Wife finally gets home at 8pm - login with her info - car doesn't show up.

I'm guessing they either lost it or the dealer never sent it in - which I doubt because I have the temp registration on my windshield.

I personally don't care; but it is a red sports car and cops can be a bit trigger happy around here - really don't want to try to explain to a cop if I get pulled over that yes, it's my (our) car and yes, it is registered just the government is 50 shades of f'ed up lately and um... i don't know where it is?

Not gonna help trying to get over the boarder this weekend to toronto for the Indy race either :(

Anyone else having problems renewing / registering in NY lately?
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
In my experiences of many state DMV NY is the absolute worst.