Sponsored

Jeff Ashtons new BC Forged wheels - 345's on the rear.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Why people choose to run NT05s or similar on the street baffles me... accidents happen. That's two crashed Mustangs in his little circle of friends because of ignorance.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would have to disagree on that point. I got Pilot Super sport 315 on the back and no traction at all, I doubt the 345 would provide traction as well.

Obviously for a DD they work great but for traction with that type of power they just dont do the job.
Maybe don't treat the pedal like an on-off switch?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I would have to disagree on that point. I got Pilot Super sport 315 on the back and no traction at all, I doubt the 345 would provide traction as well.

Obviously for a DD they work great but for traction with that type of power they just dont do the job.
Big difference between 315 and 345 and in summer weather or Florida weather all the time I guarantee with 345 pilots out back and 25 psi they will grab in second while moving. They are sticky tires , VMP got their gt350 to do a wheelie on stock 305 pilot super sports at the drag strip

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Big difference between 315 and 345 and in summer weather or Florida weather all the time I guarantee with 345 pilots out back and 25 psi they will grab in second while moving. They are sticky tires , VMP got their gt350 to do a wheelie on stock 305 pilot super sports at the drag strip
People also don't run low enough pressures when going wider than 275. When you go wider at the same pressure you'll reduce the length of the contact patch even though the area remains pretty much constant.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
me in the rain on my DR's..

[ame]

estebanvdt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 Phase 2
I live in PR, which is way warmer than Florida. And neither me or a couple of guys here (running 325 and up) with that type of treadwear (300 for the Michelin Super Sport) have no luck at all. Even running at lower psi.

Obviously I'm talking at boosted car with 700rwhp....

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
There's a post about this on the S550 FB group and you wouldn't believe how many people think it's totally fine to run DRs all the time in a place like Florida. "Just drive slowly in the rain" they say. Morons, that makes you a hazard on most freeways. Repeat after me: it's not just me on the road. it's not just me on the road. Jeff is extremely lucky he didn't take someone else out or hurt anyone, outside of himself. It does sound like he knows that it wasn't a wise choice to drive them regularly on the street. Life lessons, but really, the internet will tell you why it's a bad idea before you buy them. It's free. Pilot Super Sports, PS4S, Conti ExtremeContact, Firestone Indy 500...all fantastic tires in the rain that you can drive safely at freeway speeds, even with standing water.
that group is painful to read 90% of the time. Hope his car is ok and that the frame isn't too bad.
Yeah I just left it. Too much dumb.
Couldn't agree with you guys more. The amount of ignorance, hate and butthurt that flows through those threads is comical and eventually annoying.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
That's two crashed Mustangs in his little circle of friends because of ignorance.
3 crashed Mustangs. Jeff, Scott, and Andrew crashed the Turd.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Too soon ? JP but I was listening to this song this morning.

[ame]

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So did they total Jeff's car in the end?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Yup it's all totaled out it was estimated 15,000 dollars damage for 2 things to get replaced and fixed he chose not to have anything else estimated in cost cause cost of labor and the rest of parts and painting would of been well over 20k damage and automatic total loss
Sponsored