machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yep, the SL70 i found wasnt all too cheap but far less than a car of the same period. Im looking for a nice 67 fastback to pull one of my z50s :)

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Here are a couple others.
All original xl70KO
All original 69 silver tag z50.
The other is a restored HKO in blue green.
20170705_185658.jpg
20170705_185645.jpg
20170703_081859.jpg

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks man, it's a little dusty cause I ride it. Original tires too. The original to the bike seat I have stored away. It's like new. The one I have on it is in good shape, no tears or nothing just not new looking. The owner I got it from in MA said it hadnt ever been started and it was in perfect shape before the haulers got a hold of it. Still I put gas in it when I got it, changed oil and it fired right up.
It's titled for the street. The original owner had it hung up on his yacht and never even ran it once.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Finally got it in and all cleaned up. It was leaking gas at the petcock so i had to change the gasket. Its a keeper! Runs excellent. Starts on the first kick.
Pic is a little dark. Ill get it outside and snap a few sometime.
Resized_20170803_203639.jpeg

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Gosh I had a mini trail too back then but no pic nor do I remember year. I do remember my next door neighbors dad coming over a few times to get it running because of all the rust that the tank had. He would pull the carb and blow out the crud for me cause I was too young for that chore lol...

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Gosh I had a mini trail too back then but no pic nor do I remember year. I do remember my next door neighbors dad coming over a few times to get it running because of all the rust that the tank had. He would pull the carb and blow out the crud for me cause I was too young for that chore lol...
Do you remember a color? Yeah, if the cycles sat out side like most did, especially in humid conditions the tanks would rust. My tanks are still spotless in the ones with metal tanks.

Picked up another CT70HKO a couple weeks ago. Changed out the bars, chain and sprockets, and rebuilt the shocks. Great runnner, a pic of my son riding the HkO for the first time. He did a nice job. A couple more pics outside of the sl. I should have the summer yellow sl70 k0 resto done by end of fall.
Resized_20170814_144612.jpeg
Resized_20170823_160038.jpeg
Resized_20170823_160148.jpeg
Resized_20170821_170750.jpeg

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Do you remember a color? Yeah, if the cycles sat out side like most did, especially in humid conditions the tanks would rust. My tanks are still spotless in the ones with metal tanks.

Picked up another CT70HKO a couple weeks ago. Changed out the bars, chain and sprockets, and rebuilt the shocks. Great runnner, a pic of my son riding the HkO for the first time. He did a nice job. A couple more pics outside of the sl. I should have the summer yellow sl70 k0 resto done by end of fall.
I remember blue, black and chrome so it was similar to this example..
1974-honda-z50-1974-mini-trail-bike.jpg

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Nice. I remember all the trails and mini trails as a kid. I always wanted an xr75 myself but couldn't convince my folks to help me out with one. When I turned 30 I treated myself to a cbr600 but would still love to have once of those minis. Also had a thing for the Schwinn Krate bikes. Ahhh the 70's

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I remember blue, black and chrome so it was similar to this example..

They did have the blue black and chrome previous years as well, however if it had rear shocks, that was probably it. I like those but I prefer the ones the hard tails.

Nice. I remember all the trails and mini trails as a kid. I always wanted an xr75 myself but couldn't convince my folks to help me out with one. When I turned 30 I treated myself to a cbr600 but would still love to have once of those minis. Also had a thing for the Schwinn Krate bikes. Ahhh the 70's
Those XR-75s were quick bikes. 2cycles rule the torque, back in the day. We were dirt poor...I didn’t dare even ask for anything. Now, I just like the mini stuff, specifically Honda.

Haha!! I want one of those crate pickers too!!

I moved up. :D

dsfsdadsff.jpg

First bike was a Suzuki DS-80.

Friend of mine had an old XL-70.
That looks like fun!! Those have tons of torque. The little Honda’s I ride are just for slow trail riding...putting around..,hearing the awesome sounding rasp of the exhaust. Mostly just nostalgia...bikes ride as cool as they look.
I have a xl70 KO...don’t like it as much as the SL70. It seems all of the others - Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki minis were all 2 cycles which made much more torque. Honda didn’t come out with the 2 cycles minis until like what, 1974?
Sponsored