Sponsored

SVE Axleback Exhaust

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Exhaust systems are so funny in its variety of sound on the same car. I went from a drone madness legato axle back to a sw retro catback with h pipe and despite what people say about the sw droning. It only does in 6th around 1800-2000rpm. Or on a 3.31 car 70 to 75 mph and only if i put the pedal down more than half way. But the sweet sound it makes all the time is intoxicating. Also at 1500rpm i can load it up(lug) in 6th and no drone until i get to that narrow rpm band. 6th at 1500 rpm is stock quiet. My .02.
Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
Thanks for the video.

It sounded like there was some drone in the freeway cruising near the end. Is that just a YouTube artifact, or was there actual drone happening?

I could definitely hear a repeated, low thumping noise that seemed to subside when you rolled into the throttle a little more.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the video.

It sounded like there was some drone in the freeway cruising near the end. Is that just a YouTube artifact, or was there actual drone happening?

I could definitely hear a repeated, low thumping noise that seemed to subside when you rolled into the throttle a little more.
Slightly deceptive as at 68ish, that is where the drone is audible in the video. At 73mph (2100rpm ish), where I cruise at, it is pretty But that is with the radio off and AC off. Inside the car, the intermittent rattle of the dash is much louder than the drone. The video barely, if at all, picks up the dash rattle so I am going to chalk most of it up to the gopro Hero3. Once I turned the radio back up to 9 and the AC to the forth light lit up, the exhaust sounds more like exhaust from a V8. The Coyote in my opinion has that thud sound in the exhaust note, which I like. Maybe it is my ears or hearing as I have been around NASCAR, NHRA, LOORS, World of Outlaws, Monster Trucks, etc for 30 years. My coworker has long tubes, x pipe and corsa extremes and that thing has a hum while cruising and I freaking hate that.

Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Just to be sure, the video includes the AB with the MF resonated X pipe, correct? Did you ever try it with the stock resonator? My guess it would be a tad quieter and no drone.
Correct, Axle backs with the MF Resonated X. Never tried it with the stock resonator. After driving for a couple weeks, the sound has turned a little bit deeper and the interior noise is perfect. The video makes the drone sound louder than it actually is. My fiance who hates loud cars has zero issues riding in my car. My kids who sit in the back don't think it is any louder and have not said anything while cruising around 70mph. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like on track coming up on the 9th.

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a before and after sound clip of the SVE axle backs on my '15 GT. In both clips I have the J&M Products x-pipe installed. I love the sound. It's a deep rumble at idle and screams when the RPMs go up. There is some minor drone however but I can live with it.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Dear [MENTION=11825]Tyler@LMR[/MENTION]

Please make a set of muffler deletes.. That is all. ;)

-Jeff

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
SVE axleback question

Here's a before and after sound clip of the SVE axle backs on my '15 GT. In both clips I have the J&M Products x-pipe installed. I love the sound. It's a deep rumble at idle and screams when the RPMs go up. There is some minor drone however but I can live with it.

I’m considering the setup you have in the video, has your opinion changed any of the sve axlebacks? I too have the J&m x pipe. My wish is to have my exhaust deeper, louder when I get on it, but not crazy loud likr the Roush mufflers.

Sponsored

FLYIN4D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have the complete cat-back system, and there isn't a better system for the money. Perfect fit, look and sound. I don't have any drone.

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the SVE axle-backs with an MBRP X-pipe. It sounds good and has very little drone at lower non highway speeds (0-50 Mph). At 60+Mph it does drone a lot, especially if the road inclines. The drone also varies based on exhaust temperatures and weather conditions.
Sponsored