Sponsored

Performance Pack Tires... done in under 6,700 miles...WTF?

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Mine were down to the wear bars at 9 k miles.
Replaced with MPSS.
Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
So after a month I'm loving the Firehawks. I wanted to wait a while because new tires always feel better than the old ones you switched out.
These grip better, ride better (to me) and handle rain/water FAR better.
These will be my go-to tire from now on as long as the whole stock situation gets figured out and the price stays low.

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Same, my rears had nearly no tread at 15k miles. I just replaced mine this morning to Firestone firehawk indy 500s. I must say, so far they seem to have far better grip than the Pirellis.
BFGs grip better than the pzeros, even in thesummer.

Also, they handle water much better. However, I dont feel great about the mismatch tires front and rear. It is making for some strange handling at highway speed.

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Good topic... im at 14,500 with my stock P-zeros and they are starting to get thin ;). What I gained from this thread is replace with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I might hit 20k.. that's the goal at least ;).

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my original Pirellis on the front at 20k miles. They are getting worn but still have tread left. That tells me all I need to know about why the rears don't last as long. :lol:I have all-season Michelins on the back now and couldn't be happier. The amount of grip between cold days and hot days is much more consistent.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
My guess is alot of people here claim they drive "normally" but in actuality ridiculous things to them.

My PZeros are at 11k street miles (including 3 full track days of 4 sessions x 20 minutes each) and still got about half thread on them. You guys that only last 7k miles must either be running -4* camber or doing burnouts daily.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
So after a month I'm loving the Firehawks. I wanted to wait a while because new tires always feel better than the old ones you switched out.
These grip better, ride better (to me) and handle rain/water FAR better.
These will be my go-to tire from now on as long as the whole stock situation gets figured out and the price stays low.
I pretty much feel the same way. Hoping they increase production and sizes so I can square up my 2015 GT/PP with a bit larger tire. Their 305's are for a 20" rim :(

But yeah - I've not heard anyone complain about these tires so far. I don't know how they are on a track, but daily driving they are great.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My guess is alot of people here claim they drive "normally" but in actuality ridiculous things to them.

My PZeros are at 11k street miles (including 3 full track days of 4 sessions x 20 minutes each) and still got about half thread on them. You guys that only last 7k miles must either be running -4* camber or doing burnouts daily.
No burnouts. No excessive tire spin. No track duty. Just daily driving and I was at the wearbars at a little over 12k miles. This is a common theme.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No burnouts. No excessive tire spin. No track duty. Just daily driving and I was at the wearbars at a little over 12k miles. This is a common theme.
My coworker, who admittedly drives fairly aggressively, but zero burnouts, no track events, got 9k before they were bald. Bald. That's unacceptable for anything but a Extreme Performance category (very soft) tire. He's got Indy 500's on now and is so far very happy. Better performing and better wear.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My coworker, who admittedly drives fairly aggressively, but zero burnouts, no track events, got 9k before they were bald. Bald. That's unacceptable for anything but a Extreme Performance category (very soft) tire. He's got Indy 500's on now and is so far very happy. Better performing and better wear.
Agreed. I got better wear out of Nitto DR's with track time on my old mustangs.

I can't comment on the Indy 500 wear, but so far traction and ride quality is excellent.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Im still loving the 500's...solid 9 out of 10, maybe 9.5, I can slide them pretty easily but it's controlled and predictable wheel spin/slide, they're giving me everything I wanted.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Im still loving the 500's...solid 9 out of 10, maybe 9.5, I can slide them pretty easily but it's controlled and predictable wheel spin/slide, they're giving me everything I wanted.
This is exactly what I noticed. When the back end breaks lose, they seem to be far more predictable/controllable than the Pirellis.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Almost 16k and still have over 7/32nds left on the rears. Depends on what kind of driving and how you do it. Daily stop and go vs. 250+ miles at a stretch on the highway makes for two totally different wear rates. I do the latter and expect to get maybe 40k or more out of these tires.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Almost 16k and still have over 7/32nds left on the rears. Depends on what kind of driving and how you do it. Daily stop and go vs. 250+ miles at a stretch on the highway makes for two totally different wear rates. I do the latter and expect to get maybe 40k or more out of these tires.
I put 18k miles in a year on the Pirellis and replaced them at 14k mile bald. Again, 0 track time, 0 burnouts. Most of my miles were highway. Hell, Pirelli rates these for 12k miles (talking to Pirellis OEM warranty service).

40k miles on these is a pipe dream. Hell, 20k miles is a pipe dream.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP

I think there was an early batch of PZeros that had ridiculously accelerated treadwear. Mine were down to the bars at 7,700 with only one (maybe two, but I think just one) day on them and very mild street driving.
Sponsored