Sponsored

Performance Pack Tires... done in under 6,700 miles...WTF?

xArchangel79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium with Performance Pack
So I took my 2016 Mustang GT Premium with PP into get inspected and the mechanic, who is a personal friend, could not pass me due to my rear tires being smoked...

I have less than 7,000 miles on the tires and while I have done some spirited highway and country road driving, I've never done anything to deliberately burn up the tires.

Has anyone else had to replace the Pirelli P-Zeros with such low mileage? :shrug:
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Pretty normal. Mine are at 7500 miles and I'm already thinking about new tires. 8k-10k miles are about what you can expect. This is normal for such tires when driven hard.

And you definitely drive harder than you think you do.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I'd consider this impressive considering what you said. How hard do you drive?

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I took my 2016 Mustang GT Premium with PP into get inspected and the mechanic, who is a personal friend, could not pass me due to my rear tires being smoked...

I have less than 7,000 miles on the tires and while I have done some spirited highway and country road driving, I've never done anything to deliberately burn up the tires.

Has anyone else had to replace the Pirelli P-Zeros with such low mileage? :shrug:
i bought my car used at 11,700 miles and the dealer had to put brand new tires on it already(same pirellis as stock). Now i have 25,500 miles and theyre completely bald again.
So not quite as fast as you but still 13000 miles and mine are done, granted i drive a lot but still. No burnouts and maybe 1 or 2 soft launches. On a positive note, my fronts are still the same tires as when it was new:lol:

OP
OP
xArchangel79

xArchangel79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I mean I typically don't push it too hard, but have a time or two. To be specific, I have the State Farm Drive Safe and Save chip in my car and my grades are as follows:

Left Turns: C-
Right Turns: C-
Acceleration: C+
Braking: C
Speed: B

So, certainly not A's, but I figure it's average from the perspective of my insurance company...

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I mean I typically don't push it too hard, but have a time or two. To be specific, I have the State Farm Drive Safe and Save chip in my car and my grades are as follows:

Left Turns: C-
Right Turns: C-
Acceleration: C+
Braking: C
Speed: B

So, certainly not A's, but I figure it's average from the perspective of my insurance company...
You actually let your insurance company monitor your driving???

How long have you been doing that?

Last edited:

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
These tires are soft, and pretty decent performance tires for stock, in my opinion. I have had the car to two track events and the tires performed well. I do see them being smoked at a very low mileage though. Heck if I drive spirited they try to rip up the asphalt road on the way to my garage.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Pretty old news for these tires. When they were factory equipment on MB C63's they would be done in under 5k miles.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Right? Hell would freeze over before I let insurance spy on me.

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I've got a 50 years edition with 36k on it (no performance package) and the 20 inch factory all seasons are still holding up. you gotta really love performance summer tires to put it on a daily driver.

i've got summer performance tires on my Rx-7, but that's a car that gets a few thousand miles a year.

Reactions: Ebm

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I got 7k out of my rears

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
My PP rears (19 inch) were gone at 9k miles. I have a second set on a set of 20 inch foundry's that I got from a user on here. They are down to 3/32 or 4/32 with a total of 6-7k miles. Im shopping for a new set now as one of the has a bubble.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've got a 50 years edition with 36k on it (no performance package) and the 20 inch factory all seasons are still holding up. you gotta really love performance summer tires to put it on a daily driver.

i've got summer performance tires on my Rx-7, but that's a car that gets a few thousand miles a year.
My 19 inch P-zero nero's have over 20k miles on them and there's still tread left.

OP
OP
xArchangel79

xArchangel79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, I did this purposely to keep myself in check. When I was younger, nothing short of divine providence kept me from killing myself in a car.

So as a father of 3, and this being my first "muscle" car, I wanted to incentivize myself to stay safe.
Sponsored