Going for 500whp N/A

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hes 3700lbs without driver unless that's incorrect. 400lbs? He was near 4000lbs with driver last i recall. DA doesn't affect E85 nearly as much, especially since he's using FTW. Where is he only trapping 125 in positive DA? I haven't seen slips like that from him since he was first getting it ironed out. Hp calculators aren't all that accurate in my experience. Pretty sure hes trapped 125s+ in positive DA also. Our fast list is not the only place where coyotes are found.
i dont beleive that! my car weighed 3580 without me in it friday nite. and rbs has done a lot more weight reduction than me.
Sponsored

redhoss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium, 1991 5.0 Couple
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all and Evil,
Great thread with good information.

I have been hoping to see some results with the comp cams
I have a very similar build going on as you Evil except I have the stage 2 blower cams even though I will be staying N/A until next season

I have before dyno and et sheet and some pictures (cams not installed yet, waiting on new revision from Palm Beach Dyno before I drop offf my car)

I normal use the book O faces because easy on my phone in the s550 group
but I have always enjoyed this forum when I used a computer at my old job

Thanks for keeping up with this post, great info. I found this post after I purchased my cams and reading some of your all's results make me a bit happier now.. lol

please pardon me I may not have all my forum edict down
Is the proper thing to do on here to start my own thread, Evil?
I would not want to mess up your thread

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Hello all and Evil,
Great thread with good information.

I have been hoping to see some results with the comp cams
I have a very similar build going on as you Evil except I have the stage 2 blower cams even though I will be staying N/A until next season

I have before dyno and et sheet and some pictures (cams not installed yet, waiting on new revision from Palm Beach Dyno before I drop offf my car)

I normal use the book O faces because easy on my phone in the s550 group
but I have always enjoyed this forum when I used a computer at my old job

Thanks for keeping up with this post, great info. I found this post after I purchased my cams and reading some of your all's results make me a bit happier now.. lol

please pardon me I may not have all my forum edict down
Is the proper thing to do on here to start my own thread, Evil?
I would not want to mess up your thread
redhoss,

First of all, Thank You. I started this thread looking for information and wanted to provide results for others. Not many people had switched to cams because it is a huge investment that was unproven. I have received a lot of information from this forum and wanted to give back, so I took the plunge. With the help of Finish Line Performance, Lund Racing and [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], they made the project make power.

You are more than welcome to start your own thread or post the results in here. Many members are subscribed and share their updates and post on this thread and I welcome more useful information. I think others would love to see the results of your car also.
:cheers:

As an update to my progress Lund has made a few revisions to the tune to help me improve. F.L.P. and [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] has continued to support and give great advice. Members on this thread also help out, as they know a ton more about the logs than I [MENTION=16083]GTBOB[/MENTION]! (I'm still a newbie to this generation)

I have purchased some more Steeda suspension parts to hook the car now. I will be installing their vertical links, adjustable rear toe links and rear control arm spherical bearings.

Things I believe are coming together and I am confident with the good air around the corner the car will continue to progress.

Last edited:

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I have purchased some more Steeda suspension parts to hook the car now. I will be installing their vertical links, adjustable rear toe links and rear control arm spherical bearings.
If your going to do the LCA bearings, you might as well do the knuckle-Toe Link bearings too.

redhoss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Evil 5.0

I would enjoy to post some in this thread. I just wanted to make sure (being you started it) and not well known on this forum that I was being respectful. :thumbsup:

Terry (Beefcake) has also helped me and I have been asking question longer than I have bought parts from him, and he has always helped me.

So the pictures may take me a couple time to get right, the new phones have made it so easy that I may have forgotten how to use my computer. lol :frusty:

But to start here is what I have

2016 Auto 3.55 gear
at Bowling Green NMRA True Street October 2016 cool but damp air, no DA reading, on 20 inch street tires with K&N drop in filter and a homemade tune on HP tuners (no cam tuning just transmission, fuel and timing) [email protected] with 2.005 sixty :doh:

Clay City Kentucky 6-24-17 DA +3490 12.10@116mph with 1.86 sixty
I added Palm Beach E85 Tune, Long tubes, 3 inch Hpipe, and my custom 3 inch to GT500 Mufflers, 170 Stat, C&L Racer Cold Air, BMR Cradle Lock outs, UPR Vertical Links, UPR catch can
20's on front and Dark Stars on rear 275/17's Nitto 555 (not the best tire, but I traded for them)

With 20's all around in me in it with half tank of fuel it weighted 3940lbs:eyebulge:

On a Mainline Hub dyno it made 404hp and 412tq :ford:

I have now purchased from Beef Cake
ATI damper with ARP bolt and support washer
MMR Oil Pump gear and Timing Gear
Comp Cam Stage 2 blower cams part # ending in 80
BMR Diff lock out (do not buy the built one if you do not want noise, I am replacing that kit with the poly kit, I drive about 80 mile round trip to work) In fox body days I would have had someone reshim the pinion gear thinking it is way out.

I will be dropping car off in the next couple weeks (wedding anniversary next weekend so some money has to be spent there first, if you know what I mean.....) to have all the new parts put in and then I hope to do a live remote dyno session with Ken from Palm Beach Dyno

I am going Whipple next season but for now I am wanting the most I can have. :headbonk:

I am looking at purchasing after next week a GT350manifold and adapter for stock throttle for my car, as it seems the lest expensive route to have some fun until it buy a blower.
I am up for any suggestions on intake manifolds or comments.

I probably will NOT break 500hp on the mainline dyno, but I hope to have good results and some fun. Right? :D:D:D

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your going to do the LCA bearings, you might as well do the knuckle-Toe Link bearings too.

Funny you say that, GTBOB said the same thing... ordering :cheers:

redhoss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to BMR the other day. Kelly told me that if I did the Adjustable toe links I should do the upper camber link also depending on what my camber was after being lowered because the toe and the camber change off one another on these cars

I am no expert on this subject :tsk:
so I call BMR

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
[MENTION=28009]Evil 5.0[/MENTION] on my way with a truckload of parts to see your boys at FLP!

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Cincinnati bound! Sorry evil, no more hijacking:cheers:
IMG_362.jpg

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!! And your right, you were the test subject. Ill throw some take off parts your way for payment :D

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cams is Headwork. That's not stock anymore. I expected better than a 129 trap to be honest. I guess RBS550 set my expectation of what I thought cams would do high especially since his was through the 6r80. I was at least thinking 133s. I hope you don't find my post as talking trash. I was generally shocked
I wouldn't call cams headwork either. Headwork is usually reserved for head porting, valve seat profile changes, bigger valves, and so on.

I agree that his mph seems a little low. But I am sure he will keep chipping away at it. I would think at his weight 125-127 is a reasonable goal for summer DA. Especially since he isn't on drag wheels and slicks. I am sure his 60' will be limited my the drag radials and launch technique.

If 124-125 is your goal you must have a slow track. People are doing that with the basic full bolt on. Auto or stick. At least you've seen a gain of track. Means it's working at least. :thumbsup:
I had a build thread for my 2011 GT on SVTP. The car went 11.44 @ 116 with the stock intake manifold, tune, cat deletes, and drag wheels & slicks. Which at that time was moving pretty well for a full weight car. I installed the CJ set up and the next two outings the car went slower. The messed up MT82 wasn't helping as I couldn't powershift the car at the RPM the CJ needed. I bought the car used and the MT82 had issues from the start. I posted in my build thread and got a lot of negative comments. lol I expected it but posted so I had a build log going since it was one of the first CJ set ups out there.

The next time out every pass got quicker as I kept working on it. The biggest improvements were made by increasing the launch RPM. 6,000 clutch dump was the last pass I made in the car and it went 11.2 @ 121. I think there was more in it with more launch RPM and being able to power shift the trans at high rpm. But I got the trans rebuilt under warranty and was afraid to mess it up again. So I traded it in on the S550.

My point is most people don't go right out and make their best passes right off the trailer on the first day. Examples like myself, RBS55, and others show that with effort and work, the cars typically get faster. But I agree with you, there should be more in the car. So let's see what Evil 5.0 is able to do with the combo. :clap2:

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for an update guys....

I went to the track and was able to make two passes, This was my second and DA was 1800, a little better but air felt good! Im slowly learning the car. The most surprising part was a 1.58 60Ft on a 19" DR with a Manual!

Thanks to [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], [MENTION=16083]GTBOB[/MENTION] and FLP for the support and others on this post.

I feel that I keep making progress.

11.30@122.22.jpg

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What RPM were you launching at?
Going over the log now. Looks like the motor hit 7500 and started gaining speed, Rpms fell to 4200 at 25 mph or so and started building rpms again.....

[MENTION=16083]GTBOB[/MENTION] has software and may be able to provide better input to logs.

Also looks like I'm still bumping rev limiter on no lift shifts and killing a little timing.

Next week getting a WOT box to help all of that...
Sponsored