MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I just noticed that "Clicklogical" (avatar) has a performance pack with his GT vert.

Wow! I didn't know it was available! Since I already have the special bracing, what else does the performance pack include on a convertible???
Bigger sway bar?
Heavier springs?
Different shocks?
19" wheels?

Just look up the Performance Pack specs, the convertible gets it all :)

ā€¢ 19" X 9" (F) 19ā€ X 9.5ā€ (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
ā€¢ 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R (R) Summer Only Tires
ā€¢ Bremboā„¢ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
ā€¢ "Engine Turn" Aluminum Instrument Panel
ā€¢ Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
ā€¢ Heavy-Duty Front Springs
ā€¢ K-Brace
ā€¢ Larger Radiator
ā€¢ Spoiler Delete
ā€¢ Strut-tower Brace
ā€¢ Unique Chassis Tuning
ā€¢ Upsized Rear Sway Bar
ā€¢ Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
ā€¢ TORSENĀ® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio

FYI, this became available for the convertible in MY16.
Sponsored

CHUCKinFLL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My convertible has the rear quarter window issue with a little twist. The right side doesn't come all the way up with the top up (but does with it down) but it seems like the driver's side almost up too far so that its chewed up the seal against the door window. Also when you put the rear windows down, the passenger one makes a small thump noise when it hits bottom, the driver's does it when it tops out.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
OP third item cowl shake is pretty common with convertibles . I added Steeda jacking rails and the 2 point G track it helped.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
The car Gods must have granted me a pass on this car. Paid my dues I suppose. :D

No sticking rear window. Can't recall any radio issue while operating the roof and certainly don't have any noticeable "cowl" shake. Wasn't expecting the car to be so rock solid when I ordered it. Nothing to test drive, just hoped for the best.

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Sounds mostly like ecoboost issues my ft don't have those issues
. Except the radio but I believe that to be sound dynamic

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Good Info!

thanks for the excellent info. Since mine is 2015, the PP was not available.

I do have the K brace and strut bar.

The rear sway bar upgrade sounds very interesting!

Thanks

CVCashmere

Just look up the Performance Pack specs, the convertible gets it all :)

ā€¢ 19" X 9" (F) 19ā€ X 9.5ā€ (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
ā€¢ 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R (R) Summer Only Tires
ā€¢ Bremboā„¢ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
ā€¢ "Engine Turn" Aluminum Instrument Panel
ā€¢ Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
ā€¢ Heavy-Duty Front Springs
ā€¢ K-Brace
ā€¢ Larger Radiator
ā€¢ Spoiler Delete
ā€¢ Strut-tower Brace
ā€¢ Unique Chassis Tuning
ā€¢ Upsized Rear Sway Bar
ā€¢ Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
ā€¢ TORSENĀ® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio

FYI, this became available for the convertible in MY16.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Update:

After 19K miles in my '16, I can report no sticking windows.
Yes the radio is programmed to switch the configuration when changing between top up and top down.

My GT Premium has the K brace, the Strut tower brace and I added the BMR Front Subframe brace CB006. I also got lucky enough to win a pair of J&M Jacking rails here on the forum. I don't notice any real cowl shake anymore.

:cheers:

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
:doh:I spoke too soon, window starting to drag

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
Just to close the loop on the issue I posted earlier about the rear passenger window not going all the way up. It was getting worse and no way was i going to start digging into mechanism while it was still under warranty. Scheduled an appt on Friday and they had to remove the speaker and all the trim to get to the mech and adjusted the regulatory on the window. Works perfectly now. While I was there, also had them adjust the parking break since it was too high up and my knee kept making the light go on.

Soooo, if you have the issue, just take it to the dealer, they can fix. :headbang:

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Got my '17 last February but just noticed about a month ago that when I retract the roof, about half the time it would not go down completely on the left side, sitting up about an inch. I found that by bringing the roof up about a foot then retracting it again it would go down flush. Last night I investigated and found that the hard-plastic (nylon?) reinforced panel that becomes the portion of the C-pillar adjacent to the rear side-window was not fully retracting into the well and would impede the metal structural member from full retracting. The right side works fine so now I'm trying to figure how to make the left side fold correctly every time...and it doesn't look like a simple fix. In the meantime I will retract the roof to within a foot of full open, get out and position that panel so this doesn't happen. A hassle but the only solution as of now.
Anyone else have this problem?

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
After 19K miles in my '16, I can report no sticking windows.
Yes the radio is programmed to switch the configuration when changing between top up and top down.

My GT Premium has the K brace, the Strut tower brace and I added the BMR Front Subframe brace CB006. I also got lucky enough to win a pair of J&M Jacking rails here on the forum. I don't notice any real cowl shake anymore.

:cheers:
Did the J&M rails require any modifications to fit to the vert? I've been looking for a decent set of jacking rails for mine and the BMR and J&M look the business, but don't show a convertible specific set like the Steeda ones.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like Steeda is a winner :)

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
Got my '17 last February but just noticed about a month ago that when I retract the roof, about half the time it would not go down completely on the left side, sitting up about an inch. I found that by bringing the roof up about a foot then retracting it again it would go down flush. Last night I investigated and found that the hard-plastic (nylon?) reinforced panel that becomes the portion of the C-pillar adjacent to the rear side-window was not fully retracting into the well and would impede the metal structural member from full retracting. The right side works fine so now I'm trying to figure how to make the left side fold correctly every time...and it doesn't look like a simple fix. In the meantime I will retract the roof to within a foot of full open, get out and position that panel so this doesn't happen. A hassle but the only solution as of now.
Anyone else have this problem?
Did you get this resolved? Mine began this a few weeks ago on the right side. I have to raise it about a foot and then it goes all the way back down. Ass-pain!

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Did the J&M rails require any modifications to fit to the vert? I've been looking for a decent set of jacking rails for mine and the BMR and J&M look the business, but don't show a convertible specific set like the Steeda ones.
I used the steeda rails on my vert. Fit perfect, 10 minute install, and they work perfect.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible