Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I think its the lighting... Towards the end of the video I think it looked nice, the part of the car that was under a spotlight.

Both here, and in New Orleans, the Orange has been viewed in low lighting. It looks dull and forgettable. But I think in proper lighting it should look nice.
Sponsored

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
I agree, I think they did something to this CO vs previous years. Only because pervious years lighting didn't seem to have a big of an effect on it. You could tell and any angle, and distance in any light it was CO.

On this car it looks different in every lights, most of the time being mistaken for red.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Our newest member, alohastang, sent us these pictures of the base S550 in Competition Orange that he took at the First Hawaiian Bank Auto Show in Honolulu. :thumbsup:

2015 Mustang Beijing-3.jpg

2015 Mustang Beijing-4.jpg

2015 Mustang Beijing-5.jpg
2015mustang.jpg
2015mustangback.jpg
2015mustangfront.jpg

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks for the pics. Yet once again in this lighting or with this camera this looks like a red car, not orange. These have pretty well cemented my choice of Triple Yellow over Comp. Orange. I really wish this color was more orange not red.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Thanks for the pics. Yet once again in this lighting or with this camera this looks like a red car, not orange. These have pretty well cemented my choice of Triple Yellow over Comp. Orange. I really wish this color was more orange not red.
That's exactly how I feel.

I'm pretty much sold on Triple Yellow, just waiting to see both in person to make my decision final.

The white is in the mix too, but man, dat yellow....

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
That's exactly how I feel.

I'm pretty much sold on Triple Yellow, just waiting to see both in person to make my decision final.

The white is in the mix too, but man, dat yellow....
I'd prefer orange over yellow. But not red over yellow. I so badly want to fall for this color but I can't.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Not to beat a dead horse but I cant believe just how red the CO looks. Some people are posting other pictures from the Hawaiin auto show on Instagram and they all look red with a dash of orange. I had to actually look at the race red thread again to make sure it was different......and it is, but not by much.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Not to beat a dead horse but I cant believe just how red the CO looks. Some people are posting other pictures from the Hawaiin auto show on Instagram and they all look red with a dash of orange.
Many times I've seen orange looking red in photos and not that way in person. Not being a photographer, I couldn't tell you why but I'd take the views of red hues with a grain of salt.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Not to beat a dead horse but I cant believe just how red the CO looks. Some people are posting other pictures from the Hawaiin auto show on Instagram and they all look red with a dash of orange. I had to actually look at the race red thread again to make sure it was different......and it is, but not by much.

attachment.jpg
Let me give it a few more whacks with a stick then….

The 2 pictures you post look practically identical in color. I know this isn't the case but I can't buy a red car with some orange hues in certain light like CO seems to be.

I know CO has history with Ford but I wish they would have went with a more straight orange than a red with a hint of orange.

I can foresee buying this color and getting totally sick of correcting people when they say "I like your red car." "No its actually orange."

Yep I know, 1st world problems. ;)

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Reminds me of my buddy's grabber orange GT. "I love your yellow mustang!"

Orange has never been Ford's strong suit. Chevy and Mopar could pull it off but they went Hugger or construction zone orange.

Sent from space using carrier pigeons. Any typos can be blamed on them.

Ricky35

Small pic I know :headbonk:

But good look at Competition Orange in daylight out on the road.

mustang-50th-birthday-saturday-3.jpg
BjRSRDwCAAAT_4i.png
Sponsored