Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Well photos of the rear fender would help answer the question.

But most Mustangs use the same wheels front & rear without any visible stagger. The diifernce in offset of my 19x10/19x11 setup seems like it just keeps the outer fender clearance even when you consider the diiferent wheel sizes. 1 inch wider wheel has ~1/2 inch more offset, so the outer plane stays put, and the inner plane moves ~1" inward (tons of room to move in at the back). This is also true for the PP wheels, 1/2" wider in back, with ~1/4" more offset.

I guess I need to break out the measuring tools and do some experimenting this weekend. Wish I had some suitable big spacers around.
You are correct wheels grow on the inside, but the rear has more space towards the inside, the front more towards the outside, so because of the position of the struts then front must have a lower offset to clear that.
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Here is a photo of my current clearance. I do not have camber bolts installed yet.
That's crazy how your 11" wheel with 305/30/19 has more inboard clearance than my 10" wheel with 295/30/19. I need to write oust the offsets/back spacing on these to compare.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
That's crazy how your 11" wheel with 305/30/19 has more inboard clearance than my 10" wheel with 295/30/19. I need to write oust the offsets/back spacing on these to compare.
What is the offset of your wheel?

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the current 19x10 is +40. It's the M350 wheel. The only thing I can think of is the coilovers provide more inboard clearance.

Actually just re-read the first post. Red car has stock style suspension. I'm assuming it's not a conversion coilover. The black car has coilovers. The red car pokes a bit, but way less than I thought it would. The black car looks spot on and almost no poke at all. Both look fantastic but I have the stock style suspension setup. Koni's and Ultralites.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Assuming I had stock struts, you should have ~3mm more inboard clearance. Have you actually measured your clearances? And where are you closest to hitting?

I do believe the JRZ front struts have offset strut bolt holes giving me more clearance (not sure on that, but it just appears that way). But, the spring perch sits lower so that ends up being my limiting factor unless I want to raise the ride height and/or go to a shorter spring.

Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Assuming I had stock struts, you should have ~3mm more inboard clearance. Have you actually measured your clearances? And where are you closest to hitting?

I do believe the JRZ front struts have offset strut bolt holes giving me more clearance (not sure on that, but it just appears that way). But, the spring perch sits lower so that ends up being my limiting factor unless I want to raise the ride height and/or go to a shorter spring.
It looks to be about 3-5mm. I haven't actually measured.
[ame]

Last edited:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
It looks to be about 3-5mm. I haven't actually measured.
Yeah, all looks about right. Your 295 front on a 10" wheel has a higher tire width to wheel width ratio. In effect increasing "offset" or reducing inner clearance.

Using killsprays setup for comparison, +50 offset with 25mm spacer, he should have about 2mm more clearance just on wheel specs alone plus his tire width/wheel width ratio is lower than yours. He has 8mm clearance.

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
[MENTION=23696]Killspray[/MENTION] did we ever get some more measurements and confirmation on camber bolt adjustment?
So we took some more measurements earlier this week, but killspray is taking his car to get realigned next week and so we are waiting till then to publish clearances without camber bolts with either 20mm or 25mm spacers. Stay tuned and next week the first post will be updated.

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
Aesthetically I think the SVE needs about a 5-10mm spacer in the rear to match the fronts. Depressing, because I don't want to have to press in lugs.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
That's nuts that the front sits flush with the 20mm spacer. I've got 20x10 45 with a 20mm spacer and it's just about flush with a 275. I'd think that the spacer would push it way out.

Both cars look mean as hell though.

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
[MENTION=23696]Killspray[/MENTION] did we ever get some more measurements and confirmation on camber bolt adjustment?
Yeah, like Tyson said, I have an alignment scheduled for Tuesday evening. My before/after camber specs will accompany the pictures and clearances we took last week. Stay tuned!

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Afe coilover front strut clearance with 22.7mm spacer(sorry for the crappy picture). I need to get my calipers out measure the thickness difference between stock struts and aFe

Looks like a good, cost effective way to run 19x11 squared. :)
Thanks for contributing this information to the thread.

Have you been able to measure the difference in thickness between stock and afe struts up front?
Sponsored