Sponsored

Two 19x11 Square Setup Installs

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Here is a photo of my current clearance. I do not have camber bolts installed yet.
20170219_122721-1612x1209.jpg
Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I know with my camber plates, the strut and the wheel move in unison when camber is adjusted. Clearance appears to be the same regardless of my camber setting. I guess this is not the case with camber bolts?
Correct. With camber plates everything moves as one. But, the camber bolts actually change the angle of the wheel/hub in relation to the strut body.

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
I know with my camber plates, the strut and the wheel move in unison when camber is adjusted. Clearance appears to be the same regardless of my camber setting. I guess this is not the case with camber bolts?
You are correct sir. The BMR camber bolt replaces the stock upper strut bolt. So when you adjust it, you pivot about the lower strut bolt. So you get more camber even if your strut is maxed out on your camber plate.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ah so you are adding more camber beyond the camber plates. Something I, at least, don't need at this point. Although, I'd almost rather slot the strut vs. use a camber bolt. But that's just me...

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
Ah so you are adding more camber beyond the camber plates. Something I, at least, don't need at this point. Although, I'd almost rather slot the strut vs. use a camber bolt. But that's just me...
Yeah, there are pros and cons for each...

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Nice to see this kind of experimentation.

Aside from being able to run a 305 squared set up for track use, I really dig the visual looks of the deep concave up front.

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wonder if a 305_35_19 pilot super sport would fit up front on these?

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I wonder if a 305_35_19 pilot super sport would fit up front on these?
With my setup, yes. With killspray's, we need to measure the clearance from the top of the tire to the spring perch. My guess is that it would clear.

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
With my setup, yes. With killspray's, we need to measure the clearance from the top of the tire to the spring perch. My guess is that it would clear.
We will be taking measurements and pictures soon.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So if the typical ET35-40 10" wheel works square, and has about the same outer clearance to the fender front & rear, why doesn't the typical 11" setups with different offsets push the fronts out relative to the rear? Such that a ET25-30 should work front AND rear with the same outer clearance. They you can rotate them.

Now you can use more rear offset without, INNER clearance issues. And doing so allows you to run an even wider rear tire. But if you want a square setup, why won't the true square setup (same wheel & tire at all 4 corners) work?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
So if the typical ET35-40 10" wheel works square, and has about the same outer clearance to the fender front & rear, why doesn't the typical 11" setups with different offsets push the fronts out relative to the rear? Such that a ET25-30 should work front AND rear with the same outer clearance. They you can rotate them.

Now you can use more rear offset without, INNER clearance issues. And doing so allows you to run an even wider rear tire. But if you want a square setup, why won't the true square setup (same wheel & tire at all 4 corners) work?
The reason is this car is a low offset front high offset rear, if you run that setup the rear pokes a good bit. Hence why they need need to stagger the offsets.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well photos of the rear fender would help answer the question.

But most Mustangs use the same wheels front & rear without any visible stagger. The diifernce in offset of my 19x10/19x11 setup seems like it just keeps the outer fender clearance even when you consider the diiferent wheel sizes. 1 inch wider wheel has ~1/2 inch more offset, so the outer plane stays put, and the inner plane moves ~1" inward (tons of room to move in at the back). This is also true for the PP wheels, 1/2" wider in back, with ~1/4" more offset.

I guess I need to break out the measuring tools and do some experimenting this weekend. Wish I had some suitable big spacers around.
Sponsored