Sponsored

Two 19x11 Square Setup Installs

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
Over the weekend, me and a buddy installed our 19x11's on our GT's w/ PP and wanted to document clearances and such since our suspension setups are different. Between the both of us, we have stock style springs/struts, coilovers, 20mm spacers, 25mm spacers, stock bolts, camber bolts and caster/camber plates. We only have a few clearance measurements so far but would like to mix setups to get more measurements in the future.

Here's what we have so far... more pictures/clearances to come.

2016 Mustang GTPP (Member: Killspray)

Controlled, Does Not Change:
Wheels: 19x11 et50 Project 6GR
Tires: 305/30R19 Hankook Ventus R-S3
Springs: BMR Handling
Struts/Shocks: Koni Yellows
Camber Plates: MM
Rear Spacer: None

Will Vary For Pictures:
Front Spacer: 20mm
Camber: -1°
Clearance to Strut: 4.5mm
Camber Bolts: No
20mm_1.0deg_1.jpg

20mm_1.0deg_2.jpg

Front Spacer: 20mm
Camber: -2.8°
Clearance to Strut: 4.5mm
20mm_2.8deg_1.jpg

20mm_2.8deg_2.jpg

Front Spacer: 25mm
Camber: -1°
Clearance to Strut: 9.5mm
25mm_1.0deg_1.jpg

25mm_1.0deg_2.jpg

Front Spacer: 25mm
Camber: -2.8°
Clearance to Strut: 9.5mm
25mm_2.8deg_1.jpg

25mm_2.8deg_2.jpg

2015 Mustang GTPP (Member: tyshenry)
Wheels: 19x11 et50 SVE GT350 Style
Tires: 305/30R19 Hankook Ventus R-S3
Spacer: 20mm up front, no spacer in rear
Suspension: JRZ RS1 Coilovers
Camber Bolts: no
Camber Plates: Vorshlag
Camber: -2*

FD24EEA8-99CF-4792-87C8-0B3D6FF5447A.jpg

68561111-F0D5-4D5F-B14C-7AC461834078.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Nice information! I did some test fitting with an SVE 19x11 +50 last week. I'll post my information here as well. Sorry for the crappy pictures. I had about an hour to play with so I was trying to hustle.

The wheel:
20170208_203339.jpg

I think most know, but just in case,a 11 in wheel is actually a 12 in wheel total when taking into account the mounting surface:
20170208_205722.jpg

backspace for a 19x11 +50mm is 8 inches. I like to work in backspace over offset as it doesn't change based off wheel width, so for reference:
SVE%20backspace.jpg

Afe coilover front strut clearance with 22.7mm spacer(sorry for the crappy picture). I need to get my calipers out measure the thickness difference between stock struts and aFe :
20170208_203424.jpg

Front unweighted, should clear fender easily. I'm currently sitting at around -3 of camber:
20170208_203459.jpg

Rear wheel with no spacer clearance on aFe rear coilover. Currently at -1.9 camber(since we know this fit):
20170208_205219.jpg

Looks like a good, cost effective way to run 19x11 squared. :)

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
Thanks for the pics, Brent! We have seen a few 19x11 setups on coilovers but haven't seen any on stock style suspension... I bought my Konis assuming I'd eventually buy 19x10's and run them with no issue. I ended up buying 19x11 once I realized the STP class now allows 11" not even knowing if they'd fit. I was already preparing to buy coilovers and was surprised that they actually fit!

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thank you guys! You two are the one doing all the real work. I just bought a scratched wheel from LMR to work on what I think the correct offsets are for the S550 since several companies act like this takes more than 1 hour of work and is a proprietary secret. I just wanted to hopefully add a little useful content to your thread as I was in the basement this last week working on the same thing. :)

I think the stock struts are thinner and should have more clearance than the afe struts, but I'll need to measure that to confirm. The cortex coilovers with the offset strut gives roughly an extra .5 in of clearance so a smaller front spacer would be required(maybe 8-10mm based off your 20mm spacer).

Out of curiosity, are your friends rear JRZ's coilover or stock configuration?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
FWIW for reference or whatever, my 19x10.5 ET35 fits with no spacers anywhere using a 285 tire with yields close but enough clearance from a Steeda/Koni front strut. I can do a 305 with, I think, a 5mm spacer and will be measuring this out this weekend as I have Nitto NT01s I'm eyeballing for later this season.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What is the clearance to the strut on the first setup with the 6GR wheels and stock style suspension?

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
What is the clearance to the strut on the first setup with the 6GR wheels and stock style suspension?
I'm a little hesitant to share because I have an unequal setup from left to right.

How bout this... The measurements below are "unconfirmed" and I will update them once confirmed or if my measurement changes. Also, once confirmed, I'll update the first post.

Front Left: 3.1mm clearance to strut
I "believe" my camber Bolts are adjusted for maximum amount of negative camber resulting in minimum clearance to strut body.

Front Right: 8mm clearance to strut
I "believe" my camber Bolts are not adjusted and would mimic stock bolts.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm a little hesitant to share because I have an unequal setup from left to right.
Cool, I just wanted to get an idea even if it was "unofficial" lol. I was wondering if this type of setup had decent clearance, or paperthin just barely enough so it doesn't touch.

That kinda answered my question.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
Brent, his rear setup is stock style. His RS1 setup came with shims to adjust ride height in the rear. I'll let him chime in though...

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I actually have done a few 11" square setups.

Forgestar CF10
6gr wheels when I was at the old place

Now im doing a all new setup VS Forged wheels 19x11 & 20x11.5 cut to my special specs.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Thank you guys! You two are the one doing all the real work. I just bought a scratched wheel from LMR to work on what I think the correct offsets are for the S550 since several companies act like this takes more than 1 hour of work and is a proprietary secret. I just wanted to hopefully add a little useful content to your thread as I was in the basement this last week working on the same thing. :)

I think the stock struts are thinner and should have more clearance than the afe struts, but I'll need to measure that to confirm. The cortex coilovers with the offset strut gives roughly an extra .5 in of clearance so a smaller front spacer would be required(maybe 8-10mm based off your 20mm spacer).

Out of curiosity, are your friends rear JRZ's coilover or stock configuration?
As killspray said, my JRZs use stock spring location.

I think the JRZ front struts must have an offset built in as I seem to far more clearance to the strut body than killspray has on his setup with the konis. My minimum clearance is to the lower spring perch. I think I am going to raise my ride height a 1/4" and then I should have the perch out of the way which will allow me to run with camber bolts maxed out. I might not need to, as right now I have 8-10mm or so clearance. So *maybe* with camber bolts maxed out I'm looking at 3-5mm clearance? We will find out soon.

Also, totally agree about this "secret proprietary offsets" non sense. All the shops that wouldn't give out the offsets have lost my business, that's for sure.

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
^^^and his clearances are with 20mm spacers compared to my 25mm spacers.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

How bout this... The measurements below are "unconfirmed" and I will update them once confirmed or if my measurement changes. Also, once confirmed, I'll update the first post.

Front Left: 3.1mm clearance to strut
I "believe" my camber Bolts are adjusted for maximum amount of negative camber resulting in minimum clearance to strut body.

Front Right: 8mm clearance to strut
I "believe" my camber Bolts are not adjusted and would mimic stock bolts.
I know with my camber plates, the strut and the wheel move in unison when camber is adjusted. Clearance appears to be the same regardless of my camber setting. I guess this is not the case with camber bolts?
Sponsored