Sponsored

RTX OE wheels?

radak04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Something not right with that CJ Pony Parts Ad.

I've been looking at those rims as a cheaper cast wheel, not flow formed. They are about half the price as the flow formed MRR ones.

I live in Canada, so reasonably priced rims are hard to come by. RTX is a Canadian company and the online site I use to buy tires sells them. They are listed as cast wheels with a weight of 30 lbs each. Not the 23.5 lbs listed on the CJ Pony Parts site.

Here's a link. All the specs are in the additional information tab.

https://pmctire.com/en/rtx-wheels-3...lack-19x10-5x114-3-offset-deport-40-70-6.tire

Also, RTX site says:

RTXoe
Offering a vast selection of replica wheels (more than 20 manufacturers covered and 70 wheel models available), this series offers great solutions for winter wheels, OEM-like rims with a larger diameter for summer, or wheels to give a luxurious aspect to a base model. These wheels are produced using low pressure casting and are compliant with the JWL and VIA industry standards.

http://www.rtxwheels.com/en/rtxoe/

OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Something not right with that CJ Pony Parts Ad.

I've been looking at those rims as a cheaper cast wheel, not flow formed. They are about half the price as the flow formed MRR ones.

I live in Canada, so reasonably priced rims are hard to come by. RTX is a Canadian company and the online site I use to buy tires sells them. They are listed as cast wheels with a weight of 30 lbs each. Not the 23.5 lbs listed on the CJ Pony Parts site.

Here's a link. All the specs are in the additional information tab.

https://pmctire.com/en/rtx-wheels-3...lack-19x10-5x114-3-offset-deport-40-70-6.tire

Also, RTX site says:

RTXoe
Offering a vast selection of replica wheels (more than 20 manufacturers covered and 70 wheel models available), this series offers great solutions for winter wheels, OEM-like rims with a larger diameter for summer, or wheels to give a luxurious aspect to a base model. These wheels are produced using low pressure casting and are compliant with the JWL and VIA industry standards.

http://www.rtxwheels.com/en/rtxoe/
Ah, I was reading the "about" section on the rtx website where they stated they used flow form and didn't mention cast, overlooked the cast line on the actual products page. Good catch.

http://www.rtxwheels.com/en/content/about

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
LMR has these and they call em "SVE GT350" for 10 bux more...and those are also advertised as flow formed and circa 24-25lbs in weight. They also mention lifetime structural warranty.

OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
UPDATE:

From RTX Support they say these wheels are flow form.
Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Their company is in Canada, been thinking about carrying this wheel.

OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Their company is in Canada, been thinking about carrying this wheel.
They are my current front runner for wheels atm. If I get them they will be tracked in June and I'll report back on how they held up/any issues with them.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
They are my current front runner for wheels atm. If I get them they will be tracked in June and I'll report back on how they held up/any issues with them.
Try and weigh them before mounting if you remember!

OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
UPDATE:

So CJPonyParts has dropped these wheels from their site. The link I posted before no longer works, and the wheels aren't on their wheels section... Interesting...

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
UPDATE:

So CJPonyParts has dropped these wheels from their site. The link I posted before no longer works, and the wheels aren't on their wheels section... Interesting...
They are not on the site because we sold out of them. We have A LOT more coming in but it is not going to be for another 90 days and we didn't want to have a huge group of people dealing with a backorder situation.

They will be back up as soon as we know our stock is on the way.

I can assure you, all of the information in our product listings is correct and 100% accurate.

There is nothing "Interesting" going on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
They are not on the site because we sold out of them. We have A LOT more coming in but it is not going to be for another 30-60 days and we didn't want to have a huge group of people dealing with a backorder situation.

They will be back up as soon as we know our stock is on the way.

I can assure you, all of the information in our product listings is correct and 100% accurate.

There is nothing "Interesting" or going on.
Wasn't implying anything negitive about your site. It seems strange from an IT stand point that you would drop the wheels off instead of listing them as "out of stock", but to each their own.

Also, as listed above, RTX also backs up your product description. There must be incorrect descriptions floating around elsewhere.

I'll be keeping an eye on your site and order when they are put back up:)

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
Wasn't implying anything negitive about your site. It seems strange from an IT stand point that you would drop the wheels off instead of listing them as "out of stock", but to each their own.

Also, as listed above, RTX also backs up your product description. There must be incorrect descriptions floating around elsewhere.

I'll be keeping an eye on your site and order when they are put back up:)
Simply listing something as "Out of Stock" doesn't work for us. If we list the parts, we want to have them in stock for you to by. There are certain exceptions and Pre-Orders that we do have from time to time. But we are not into waiving a piece of candy in front of you that you cannot have.

And with them being 90 days out, we would be fielding phone calls and emails from so many people that would be interested in ordering or did order as to when will they be here.

We had a bunch of these come in, we put them up and we sold out of them in less then a week without even marketing or promoting them.

We currently have a few of the 19x11 (W156) still in stock, but that is it for the time being.

When these are on their way or we have a better ETA, they will go back up online and I will make sure everyone on here knows about them!

radak04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm going to buy a set of these for my summer setup.

My question is why are they listed at 23.5 lbs on the CJPP site and 30 lbs on the PMC Tire site? One of them has to be incorrect. Hopefully the PMC Tire site is wrong.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
You'll have a hard time getting them for a while, I tried to buy a set and they are sold out, dealer said 2 - 3 months wait time. I confirmed that directly with RTX. I was told by the wheel dealer that an unnamed Ford dealer in Canada bought the entire stock that RTX had. If they did they don't seem to be advertising them 'cause I've been looking, so that could be BS info.
Sponsored