LET SEE SOME IDEAS FOR S550 MACH 1's!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Can anyone do a rendering of a possible MACH1 S550? I've seen one. but I think it would be cool to see more. The guys on the Bronco site just go noticed all over the place with their rendering of a new Bronco.. so what the heck... artists start drawing lol
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
None of these are mine, just what I've pulled off the 'net. Of course, these are done on the current bodystyle, but there's a good chance we won't see the Mach 1 until the '18MY refresh :)

Personally, I think this guy nailed it with the model :cool:

I love this teaser, too, although I suspect that's just a blurred GT :)

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'm sure there's people on this site with skills.. :) Lets see some ideas people!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
None of these are mine, just what I've pulled off the 'net. Of course, these are done on the current bodystyle, but there's a good chance we won't see the Mach 1 until the '18MY refresh :)

Personally, I think this guy nailed it with the model :cool:

I love this teaser, too, although I suspect that's just a blurred GT :)

3rd pic down.

Nice modern interpretation. Understated.

Doesn't oldify itself back to the 70's.

Would love to see a thoroughly modern interpretation of the Mach 1 features.

No 1970's look. But a modern day execution of the original vision.

Slapping on some "retro" cues won't cut it today.

Love to see a fully functional, yet non obtrusive "shaker" that acts as a cold/ram air while not interfering with drag coefficient or visibility.

I think that would be a nice throwback but also could be done in a very modern way.

Watching the scoop move with the engine torque... Yes please.

Plus the name Mach 1... One of the absolute coolest names for s sporty car ever.

I'd like to see it occupy the GT350 space, but improved a bit after the 350 is done doing its thing.

GT500 > Mach 1 > GT

The Mach 1 should be the ultimate N/A destroyer in the pony car segment. In other words, a 1LE or Z28 (if it remains N/A) should be viewing tribar tail lights always.

A revised Coyote with refined DI

or a Voodoo derivative with DI

lighter and sleeker with some hot cues like the shaker. But not overstated.

But please... No more old "bullitt" style wheels...

That can be for a McQueen edition or something.

Sponsored

azurebluemach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1
I'm hoping they can keep the shaker hood lineage going in the next Mach 1.

IG: rcodemach1

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
So dumb, but honest, question: given the current and anticipated engine technology that a 2018 Mach 1 can be expected to incorporate into its power plant, does the Shaker hood scoop actually provide any meaningful ram air functionality and performance advantage that make it worth having? Especially when accounting for increased drag that would result (and perhaps hood-lift issues)? Please don't get me wrong, I'm an enormous fan of the 69 and 70 Mach 1s, especially with the shaker hood sitting on top of a 428 Cobra Jet.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So dumb, but honest, question: given the current and anticipated engine technology that a 2018 Mach 1 can be expected to incorporate into its power plant, does the Shaker hood scoop actually provide any meaningful ram air functionality and performance advantage that make it worth having? Especially when accounting for increased drag that would result (and perhaps hood-lift issues)? Please don't get me wrong, I'm an enormous fan of the 69 and 70 Mach 1s, especially with the shaker hood sitting on top of a 428 Cobra Jet.
Exactly.

Instead of copying old stuff why don't we see an equivalent cool NEW way of doing it that establishes the Mach 1 signature going forward.

We don't need a shaker hood. But something that is noticeable unique and functional with equivalent cool factor.

azurebluemach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1
Yeah, it's a logical question for sure. I have an 04 Mach 1 and get asked it all the time. My feeling is that Ford wouldn't have paid for it if it didn't have a benefit greater than just homage to the muscle car days. I wouldn't say it's a huge power adder, but it does grab fresher air at speed from outside the engine bay as opposed to the fender. I know my filter always has a really dirty ring at the opening where the shaker piping connects. IMO it's worth it, if they can make the hood look good on the S550 body.

Here's an article about it in MMFF.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/car-reviews/0303mm-mustang-gt-vs-mach1/

Here's an article from the Ford engineer of the 03-04 Mach 1's, Scott Hoag.
http://mustangtimes.net/28-7/pg16-20.pdf

azurebluemach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1
Exactly.

Instead of copying old stuff why don't we see an equivalent cool NEW way of doing it that establishes the Mach 1 signature going forward.

We don't need a shaker hood. But something that is noticeable unique and functional with equivalent cool factor.

Whats the point of bringing back the Mach 1 and not having queues on it from the past? GT350 and GT500 all play homage to their predecessors in tasteful ways. Why not the Mach 1?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Part of the attraction of the shaker, performance aside, was that you could see part of the engine with the hood closed.

Whilst not the same, how about a glass/perpex panel on the hood so you can see the engine through it? It looked good on the Vette, and it looked good on this GAS SEMA concept.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Eh..that's a bit ZR1 gimmicky.

Having the shaker popping up through the hood was a first gen Mach 1 trademark..I'd rather just have a shaker.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Really needs to have a s Shaker hood.

azurebluemach

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1
Part of the attraction of the shaker, performance aside, was that you could see part of the engine with the hood closed.

Whilst not the same, how about a glass/perpex panel on the hood so you can see the engine through it? It looked good on the Vette, and it looked good on this GAS SEMA concept.

That, and that you can see the engine "shaking" and twisting while driving. IMO, this alone wouldn't do it for me.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Eh..that's a bit ZR1 gimmicky.

Having the shaker popping up through the hood was a first gen Mach 1 trademark..I'd rather just have a shaker.

Oh, I'd rather have a shaker, too.........although there would be ZERO chance of that passing any Euro Pedestrian tests, should we be lucky enough to have a Mach 1 in Europe ;)
Sponsored