Sponsored

GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Alright first and foremost please excuse my disgusting car, but the dyno was my priority today.

The shop I went to has a notoriously low reading dyno (look at that tq..whew!), but it is a tuning tool, and my baseline and this run were done on the same dyno, using STD correction for both runs so as to keep as much consistency as possible.

Runfile 4 (baseline):

Steeda Restrictorless intake
X pipe
replaced stock mufflers with magnaflow (stock exhaust pipe)

Runfile 2:

Same as above with addition of GT350 IM and Throttle Body

running a Lund FF tune, but both runs were on 93

Here's the video:

[/URL][/IMG]

Here's the Sheet:

[/URL][/IMG]

Thats a peak to peak gain of 36 whp and a 56 whp gain at my current peak of 7500 rpm (thought I had it set to 7600), you will notice the car still making power so once I up the ante to 7800-8000 rpm the gains will be even more substantial.

You will notice no losses any where but gains across the board of 5-10 hp until 6k, so with that said this car needs longtubes to further utilize this manifold.........anyone want to donate or possibly sponsor a set (catted, as I do have emissions testing yearly here) so we can continue this research project...let's get this going...lol

All previous photos relating to this manifold are located at

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39204&page=6

Some Installation notes:

[/URL][/IMG]

The Red Circle is showing the Changes made to the hose that comes stock on the GT350 manifold, it has to be lengthened and I added a 90 to help it sit more square with the port on the CAI.

The yellow circle is showing the new vacuum feed for the Brakes, instead of going into that cluster on the stock manifold, you need to connect the vacuum feed for the brake booster directly to the manifold port

The blue square is showing the purge valve wiring, I just undid the harness and pulled as much wiring as possible to ease the tension.

The orange square towards the back is showing the CMCV solenoid connectors, upon manifold removal you will see the harness that attached to the back of the manifold originally, and notice that these wires exit the harness on the drivers side, again I undid the harness wrap and pulled the wiring back over to the passenger side again to ease tension on the wiring.

What I forgot to highlight was on the bottom of the CAI tube where a vacuum connection exists for the stock manifold, this is no longer needed with the gt350 so I just pulled the connector out and plugged the port on the intake tube.

The part number on the box from ford for the tb is

GR3Z-9E926-A

UPDATE!!!!!

Here are the results of installing the OEM Throttle Body onto the GT350 IM:

As promised:

4th gear pull comparing gt350tb to OEM:

5th gear pull:

Sponsored

Last edited:

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Wow!!! That's awesome from just and intake swap! I hope this is the norm. I am going to start looking for one.

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
Thats pretty awesome. The price of that manifold and TB from the GT350 is scary.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
That was my next question. What is the price of the intake and throttle body? Where can you order it from?

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Wow, that is pretty damn amazing. It's evident that the stock intake and throttle body are not a restriction until the higher RPM on this 15+ version of the 5.0L. Nice work and looks like being the guinea pig paid off this time!

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Nice results - thanks for all the work!

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
Congrats on the results! Even more power than I was expecting. Although if things weren't as impressive it would make it much easier for me to be satisfied with the cheaper Boss IM ;)

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So you get the best of both worlds. Low end of the Coyote IM and top end of a Boss or CJ IM. This is really awesome news! Congratulations, man!

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Yessir, and I'm all in at 1200 for the intake manifold and throttle body
All things considered that isn't bad. No hood modification or motor mounts, clears the strut bar, no low end losses... I've spent more for less. :headbang:

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Im positive a set of longtubes would cause a drastic seperation between the baseline and current run, with the stock exhaust (headers) this manifold is being under utilized in the low/midrange.