Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've experienced hood-lift at 140 MPH and a 120 MPH, what can be dome to minimize this or to stop it all together? Lift is so bad it seems as though the hood is going to smack the windshield.

Thanks for any input...
How about you slow down,problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

spitfirered1976

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Sliver
OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
That is go directly to jail speed if you get caught. So how does it handle at 140 :eyebulge:? Mine was a little scary at 130 I did not have my Ford Racing strut tower kit on it at that time. The strut tower kit has made a big difference in how mine handles it was well worth the money.
Handling was steady, car was smooth, I felt in control except for the hood-shake...yeah guess I better slow down.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I associated it with being aluminum. Haven't owned one since a SN95 and that one didn't shake a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
:doh: Hood Pins!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I take "back-roads" to and from work. A lot of open country, light traffic.
Hmmm...what "back-roads" do you speak of? ;);):D:D

OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
Domenigoni Pkwy in Hemet...I live in Temecula but work out in Hemet. Don't care to get on the 15/215 so I take the back-roads to work

Sponsored

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lol, back roads, love it! I've had a 2010 GT, 12 GT, 13 Boss, and now the 15 GT .. they all shake alot, even at 70mph you can see the lifting.

I just look at the headliner when I get really freaked out ;-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Shut up. No one needs moral orel.
Yes they do. Doing 140 on public highways is utterly ridiculous. At 140 you are passing people doing 60.... 80 MPH faster and you have no time to react that that minivan full of kids in front of you. The good thing is that they would probably put you up for murder if you did hit someone.

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
I think it's important to know that these cars are now being sold all over the world, not just in the good ol USA. I'm surprised at the number of people saying "slow down" or "you're crazy."

These speeds may seem excessive for the average driver however in some places this is very normal.

I am thankful that somebody has been pushing these vehicles to their limits so long as they are staying safe and driving to their abilities and in the right conditions. I'm looking to purchase one soon and will have the ability to drive significantly higher than the posted speed limit anywhere in the USA and as such I am very interested in any US spec car at these speeds.

This hood problem is concerning and I wonder if anybody with a Eurospec vehicle can chime in and report on their experiences?

Can we stop this public witch hunting of people pushing speeds?

Enjoy the car but please do so safely! :headbang:

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I think it's important to know that these cars are now being sold all over the world, not just in the good ol USA. I'm surprised at the number of people saying "slow down" or "you're crazy."

These speeds may seem excessive for the average driver however in some places this is very normal.

I am thankful that somebody has been pushing these vehicles to their limits so long as they are staying safe and driving to their abilities and in the right conditions. I'm looking to purchase one soon and will have the ability to drive significantly higher than the posted speed limit anywhere in the USA and as such I am very interested in any US spec car at these speeds.

This hood problem is concerning and I wonder if anybody with a Eurospec vehicle can chime in and report on their experiences?

Can we stop this public witch hunting of people pushing speeds?

Enjoy the car but please do so safely! :headbang:
Completely agree. In a non-congested area, 130 feels like a dream with a little tunnel vision. 160+ my adrenaline is through the roof so much I start laughing for no reason lol! But 100 is a safe cruising speed on interstates in the U.S. with light traffic and no rain, just pay attention and stay off the phone. Can't speak for the 550, but the S197 did a great job on those speeds with virtually no shaking. I wouldn't imagine the S550 being anything less. Only thing to watch out for are the cops, and Waze does a pretty good job at that.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yes they do. Doing 140 on public highways is utterly ridiculous. At 140 you are passing people doing 60.... 80 MPH faster and you have no time to react that that minivan full of kids in front of you. The good thing is that they would probably put you up for murder if you did hit someone.
No one needs a lecture on what you feel is right and wrong. So no, no one needs moral orel. People dont care. You going to start telling people to stop taking off their cats too?
Sponsored