Sponsored

How much should I expect to pay?

bounce

Threads
Reaction score
I've pretty much got my heart set on a Guard Ecoboost Premium MT w/ Dark Saddle interior and 201A.

I have a local dealer telling me he has that exact car but also with Navigation and the enhanced security package which they can sell to me for $1000 under MSRP (~$31980).

A) Would you pay near that? Closer to invoice? I don't have X Plan, is it too late to get it if i need to pick up this car in the next week or two?

B) I really like the color combo, but the Nav + Security package are $1000 worth of options I don't really want or need.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Nav is worth it for resale value alone. $1000 under MSRP is a lot better deal than most people get. By buying the car for $1000 under MSRP you're basically getting them for free. Go for it.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
You can get x-plan pricing and save a bit more than that most likely. I'm saving about $2800 off msrp on my order. There are a few posts on how to get x-plan quick and easy if you want to search for them.

Otherwise if you don't want to do that than $1k off msrp isn't bad

OP
OP

bounce

Threads
Reaction score
Interesting, I've never had nav in a car before so I don't really know how it affects resale. TBH this is sort of a gamble in the first place right? I mean, first generation model + first generation motor.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Interesting, I've never had nav in a car before so I don't really know how it affects resale. TBH this is sort of a gamble in the first place right? I mean, first generation model + first generation motor.
Not a first generation motor at all. This is nearly the same Coyote that was in the Boss 302's which was just a beefed up Coyote from the GT's.

Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT

Rbaeza9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
not sure if trolling or just didnt read right? hes getting a ECOBOOST there for yes first year of engine lol. :headbonk:

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Not a first generation motor at all. This is nearly the same Coyote that was in the Boss 302's which was just a beefed up Coyote from the GT's.
Oops ignore me I forgot we're talking about the ecoboost.

It's a different engine but not new territory for ford. They have other v4 and v6 ecoboost engines doing just fine. This one does have a different amount of displacement compared to the others out though and is unique to the mustang for now.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I've pretty much got my heart set on a Guard Ecoboost Premium MT w/ Dark Saddle interior and 201A.

I have a local dealer telling me he has that exact car but also with Navigation and the enhanced security package which they can sell to me for $1000 under MSRP (~$31980).

A) Would you pay near that? Closer to invoice? I don't have X Plan, is it too late to get it if i need to pick up this car in the next week or two?

B) I really like the color combo, but the Nav + Security package are $1000 worth of options I don't really want or need.
Go for about 8% below MSRP most dealers will go for that. I'm not sure how to read your numbers for MSRP but if the MSRP is $32980 then offer them around $30400, if the MSRP is $31980, offer them around $29500. That should be about what they'll do, some will go lower if you have a written price from another dealer.
Sponsored