Sponsored

V6 vert and contemplating Roush RS

Rbmotorcars

Threads
Reaction score
So I am looking to get a v6 vert(wife won't approve for just coupe) in comp orange, auto(cause wife can't drive stick) for a fun car.

I am contemplating doing the Roush RS package. Part of the reason I am contemplating is I think it looks really good and due to the rareness as I have heard they don't do a lot of verts. Wondering if there is a reason they don't do a lot of them in vert, I am thinking the cost because it will be close to $40k with tax, etc?

If I do the RS, do you think it will look ok without the hood scoop and side scoops?

Now my reasons to not do the RS. I feel like Roush may be trying to take advantage of the new bodystyle. The cost is $500 more than last year and last year included lowering and rims. This year is all body.

Do I just go with v6 vert and do an exhaust and cold air instead of RS? Any good ideas to make it more rare or custom? I assume there are no other companies as cheap as roush?

This is my first mustang and I want to make sure i am making a good decision on the direction I go. HELP!!! :)
Sponsored

Pabo

I would go with the V6 vert and do some cheap mods yourself to actually improve performance. Spending all that just for some body changes seems like a waste imo but i guess it will be more "unique" if thats what you are going for.

all depends what you want out of the car..

Sixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
'one man's meat is another man's poison'
'there's no accounting for taste'

that said I don't like the Roush conversion and wouldn't 'waste' my money on it.
definitely like the original honey comb grill better than the Roush bars.

I have plans to personalize my V6 vert after I get it, I like the body the way it is but for
the tail lights.
the '15s have already been lowered 1.5" in their redesign which additionally reduced the
body-to-wheel gap, a Great included improvement.

my personalizing has to do with not liking what's already on the car rather than trying
to make it appear rare, my personal tastes that I'm willing to spend money on.
as a for instance, installing some polished walnut wood trim on the fascia which many
would not like and think of as a waste of money.

OP
OP

Rbmotorcars

Threads
Reaction score
What are considered cheap mods? Exhaust and cold air intake?

Sorry for the generic questions, I am new to the mustang space...

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Would your wife consider the Ecoboost vert? You can sell it for the "eco" part or additional features, but anything to get you out of the base engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rbmotorcars

Threads
Reaction score
The Ecoboost vert is $5,500 more the the v6. I don't see enough value in what you get for the price... Does anyone?

We are looking to use it for a fun car so I am not as concerned as a daily driver. If it turns into a daily driver, we both only have about 10 minute commutes.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
The Ecoboost vert is $5,500 more the the v6. I don't see enough value in what you get for the price... Does anyone?

We are looking to use it for a fun car so I am not as concerned as a daily driver. If it turns into a daily driver, we both only have about 10 minute commutes.
Smart minds think alike. I refused to pay 6k or 7K extra depending on whether you chose Manual or the Automatic Transmission simply to get the "Premium" Convertible with Options I really didn`t want anyway. For a "Daily Driver", despite all the 3.7 V6 Bashers and Car Rental crap, both Fuel Economy and Performance will be quite similar despite all the EcoBoost hype!

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If you can swing it.. The Ecoboost would be the way to go for a fun factor, especially with a tune! I've had 3 Ecoboost cars and each one put a smile on my face.
Sponsored